Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

I really hate Daphne from eggheads

Old 16-01-2013, 15:01
Englishspinner
Forum Member

[snip]I have no objection to Kevin, Pat, Barry, Chris or Judith. Kevin just gets straight to the point with his answers - and when on the odd occasion he says he doesn't know and will have to go with a guess - you just know he's telling the truth..
That's the nub of it for me, too.... and I'd definitely have Kevin on my pub quiz team any day of the week.
Englishspinner is online now   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 16-01-2013, 15:04
sheila blige
Forum Member

That's the nub of it for me, too.... and I'd definitely have Kevin on my pub quiz team any day of the week.
Me too! You get the feeling that if he were on your team (and you got a question wrong) he'd just say ... 'ah well ... it is just a game ... its not a matter of life or death'. Whereas - if you were to do the same and you were on Daphne's team ... she'd beat you to death with her broomstick!
sheila blige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 15:13
Jumbobones
Forum Member

no she would gnash you with her gnashers
gnomgnomgnom
Jumbobones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 21:04
atg
Forum Member

There was an Eggheads team on Only Connect the other night, made up of Pat Barry and Chris, and they got pumped. Really made my night. Will be on iPlayer.
While they did lose in the end, they were dead level going into the last round, in other words, after the 3 rounds peculiar to Only Connect and before a bog standard crosswordy type word game.
atg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 21:05
atg
Forum Member

Going back to the original title of this thread, isn't it the case that many posters on here feel inferior because Daphne and the other Eggheads have a fund of general knowledge which is far in excess of theirs.
If it was merely "general" knowledge they wouldn't have much of an edge at all, it's all the obscure trivia they mug up on that wins them the quizzes.
atg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 18:39
Shoeaholic99
Forum Member

Totally agree with all about daphne ,so annoying the head shaking to let s know whoever has got the answer wrong and she knows it,plus the guessing and look of sham surprise give it a rest
Shoeaholic99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 19:06
duckylucky
Forum Member

Totally agree with all about daphne ,so annoying the head shaking to let s know whoever has got the answer wrong and she knows it,plus the guessing and look of sham surprise give it a rest
Today she nodded wisely to a answer Kevin gave and proclaimed it right ................... only it was wrong !!!! Made me laugh out loud at her face .
duckylucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 19:11
Dancc
Forum Member

Today she nodded wisely to a answer Kevin gave and proclaimed it right ................... only it was wrong !!!! Made me laugh out loud at her face .
LOL! That was a great moment.
Dancc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 20:15
pinkwafer
Forum Member

I can't bear her. It's her wobbly voice that is most annoying.
pinkwafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 20:28
Heston Veston
Forum Member

I'd cross the street to avoid any of the Eggheads team. Hell, I'd emigrate to Tierra del Fuego to avoid any of the Eggheads team. They have a certain look about them...
Heston Veston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 20:31
duckylucky
Forum Member

I can't bear her. It's her wobbly voice that is most annoying.
I think her teeth dont fit .
duckylucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 21:12
magsy56
Forum Member

I enjoy quiz shows but when Daphne is on I cannot bear Eggheads. When she appears I cannot help but yell 'oh the effin' Care Bear is on, switch over'.

Love Kevin and the rest.
magsy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 23:57
chaz rich
Forum Member

Blimey over 100 replies to this

How many would ( or did ) CJ get if there was a thread about this much loved Egghead
chaz rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 00:22
anne_666
Forum Member

I absolutely love it whenever she does that, can't stand the woman. Her attitude and the odious CJ's are mocking and bad sportsmanship. Why do the others put up with them?
anne_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 08:51
best boy
Forum Member

Programmes like Eggheads (and Countdown) are obviously designed to be background wallpaper in Care Homes.
best boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 09:09
grimtales1
Forum Member

I shouldnt laugh but:
Daphne is very annoying, the way she pretends to not know an answer, takes a 'guess' and she knows it
grimtales1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 12:14
chaz rich
Forum Member

I would just like to say I have met Kevin ( he wiped the floor with me on Sale Of The Century ) & you could not meet a more down to earth or nicer man.
chaz rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 13:26
Kapellmeister
Forum Member

Yep, made me laugh out loud too, much louder than was really necessary, tbh But I can't abide her or her 'lucky guessing'.

I'll tell you who I do utterly loathe though, and that's Jeremy Vine. I simply cannot stand his smug, smarmy, oily character and recently he doesn't seem able to keep his mouth shut.
Kapellmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 13:44
anne_666
Forum Member

Yep, made me laugh out loud too, much louder than was really necessary, tbh But I can't abide her or her 'lucky guessing'.

I'll tell you who I do utterly loathe though, and that's Jeremy Vine. I simply cannot stand his smug, smarmy, oily character and recently he doesn't seem able to keep his mouth shut.
I agree. I wish someone would gve him a new script. He's also rather dense. His pronunciation of many words is hilarious.
anne_666 is offline   Reply With Quote