Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The Sun big give away advert!

Old 18-01-2013, 21:28
Mr Seagull
Forum Member

Apologies if this question has been posed before, but why are there never any presenters on the BBC's red-button coverage of snooker?

Where do they go? Leaving the commentators to deliver the whole presentation, leaves a feeling of emptiness.

I would love the red-button edition to have a presenter along with one or two pundits like the BBC 2 shows do.
Mr Seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 19-01-2013, 18:49
degsyhufc
Forum Member

Apologies if this question has been posed before, but why are there never any presenters on the BBC's red-button coverage of snooker?

Where do they go? Leaving the commentators to deliver the whole presentation, leaves a feeling of emptiness.

I would love the red-button edition to have a presenter along with one or two pundits like the BBC 2 shows do.
I think it's because they just use the international stream so don't cut back to the BBC stuff.
degsyhufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 09:42
malcy30
Forum Member

To save money. They only need to use presenters for the bits they know are being shown on BBC1 or 2. Between frames on the red button streams just having a picture of the table with ambient sound means the commentators can have a drink, go to the loo etc.
malcy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 09:59
John259
Forum Member

IMHO the beauty of the red button coverage is not having all the dumbed-down filler trash that infects the BBC2 coverage.
John259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 12:49
ganderpoke66
Inactive Member

Oh no I like the quiet serenity of the Red Button coverage, no need to suffer the excruciating banality of Hazel's impenetrable questions and the stifling tediousness of Ken and Stephen's answers.

It doesn't need that much discussion and evaluation, It's a simple game of snooker, it ain't friggin' Finnegan's Wake.
ganderpoke66 is offline   Reply With Quote