Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Lewis - New Series

Old 28-01-2013, 22:00
jk1978
Forum Member

Loved loved loved Innocent and James expressions in the pub......!!!!
jk1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 28-01-2013, 22:03
Flukie
Forum Member

Loved that ending in the pub,the snog in front of Innocent and James. Their faces were a picture!

I'm glad they've put them together before the last episode and not IN the last episode.

I didn't watch last weeks til yesterday so when I watch tonights tomorrow, it won't feel like a huge gap between the two!
Flukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 22:10
chocolatecake
Forum Member

I am SO happy that they have finally got together!!! So happy.
chocolatecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 22:21
flyingv
Forum Member

Innocent and Hathaway's expressions in the pub were hilarious

I loved DC Gray telling the young couple that a policeman had reached out to him when he was 16, "a Geordie too, but he doesn't remember". That's why he was so smiley, Lewis was the reason he became a policeman...I hope we see him again I liked him.
flyingv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 22:25
jk1978
Forum Member

I loved DC Gray telling the young couple that a policeman had reached out to him when he was 16, "a Geordie too, but he doesn't remember". That's why he was so smiley, Lewis was the reason he became a policeman...I hope we see him again I liked him.
That was really touching...it says something about the kind of man not just copper but man that Robbie Lewis is.....I shall miss my yearly Lewis fix once its all over....ah well least I have the boxsets....!
jk1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 22:35
Verence
Forum Member

So the university professor had absolutely nothing to do with the plot/??
Verence is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 22:39
flyingv
Forum Member

That was really touching...it says something about the kind of man not just copper but man that Robbie Lewis is.....I shall miss my yearly Lewis fix once its all over....ah well least I have the boxsets....!
So glad it wasn't just me that thought that. I shall miss it too once it's all over.
flyingv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 22:41
wildpumpkin
Forum Member

That was two lovely mements.

I'm glad that they have developed Laura's and Robbie's relationship now and not on the last episode.

Oh and so shall I.
wildpumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 23:17
MJS
Forum Member

Loved loved loved Innocent and James expressions in the pub......!!!!
So did I. Just laughed out loud particularly at James' expression, talk about a double-take. So pleased Robbie and Laura have finally got together. How many series has the attraction been going on for - a long time, and there were times I despaired it would ever happen.

Wonderful series, (better than Inspector Morse in my opinion) and sad it will be ending soon, but as has been said at least I've got the box sets to remember it by.
MJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 23:20
fredsnail
Forum Member

So Glad to read that Kevin has told the Oxford Mail newspaper that another series will start filming in 2014
Kevin is now 61 so his Lewis character should be in retirement
I'm so pleased to read this thanks for letting us know.
fredsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 23:26
Saltydog1955
Inactive Member

So Glad to read that Kevin has told the Oxford Mail newspaper that another series will start filming in 2014
Kevin is now 61 so his Lewis character should be in retirement
It won't I'm afraid - this series is the last.

I think Lawrence Fox is off to the US, and Kevin Whately's had enough.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...rence-fox.html
Saltydog1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 23:49
Doghouse Riley
Forum Member

Two of the main characters in any continuing drama series looking like they are "getting it together" is usually a death sentence for one of them, as it was in Morse.

So unless that's going to happen it's a sure sign then that this is the last series.
Doghouse Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 00:08
fredsnail
Forum Member

This appears to be a more recent interview:

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/101...ay__says_star/

I think it's the one the poster was refering to.
fredsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 09:19
Glawster2002
Forum Member

I can't see him getting a "lead role" in something else at his age, in the eyes of many, I guess he's a bit of a "Ken Barlow" now. Whereas Lawrence Fox, if he goes, would stand a better chance.
But then as he is now 61 and with a very successful TV 30 year career, which I would have thought provides a very comfortable income, would he actually be that bothered?
Glawster2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 09:27
Glawster2002
Forum Member

So did I. Just laughed out loud particularly at James' expression, talk about a double-take. So pleased Robbie and Laura have finally got together. How many series has the attraction been going on for - a long time, and there were times I despaired it would ever happen.

Wonderful series, (better than Inspector Morse in my opinion) and sad it will be ending soon, but as has been said at least I've got the box sets to remember it by.
But then without Morse Lewis wouldn't have happened.

The only thing that didn't work in last night's episode was the narrowboat fire. When Robbie & Laura walked along the towpath and saw the boat on fire there was a guy walking behind them in the opposite direction. Would he really have walked past a burning narrowboat? The same after Robbie pulled the girl out and then the guy two boats along jumped off the boat and ran towards Robbie, in the "real" world they would have reacted a lot quicker than that. The narrowboat community is very tight knit and would have been quick to help out.
Old 29-01-2013, 10:19
Doghouse Riley
Forum Member

But then as he is now 61 and with a very successful TV 30 year career, which I would have thought provides a very comfortable income, would he actually be that bothered?

My response was due to the fact that someone else had posted "If he can do two roles convincingly, why not more?"
I've no idea as to what are his intentions.
Doghouse Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 11:09
MJS
Forum Member

But then without Morse Lewis wouldn't have happened.

The only thing that didn't work in last night's episode was the narrowboat fire. When Robbie & Laura walked along the towpath and saw the boat on fire there was a guy walking behind them in the opposite direction. Would he really have walked past a burning narrowboat? The same after Robbie pulled the girl out and then the guy two boats along jumped off the boat and ran towards Robbie, in the "real" world they would have reacted a lot quicker than that. The narrowboat community is very tight knit and would have been quick to help out.
I know that, and I thoroughly enjoyed the Morse series. What I was saying was IN MY OPINION the Lewis series is even better. By that I mean whilst John Thaw was a brilliant actor and the characters of Morse and Lewis gelled brilliantly, the characters of Lewis and Hathaway gel even more brilliantly. IN MY OPINION.
Old 29-01-2013, 13:37
pognog2
Forum Member

I am really pleased that Robbie and Laura are now together but I felt we missed a scene I know it's Lewis and not a soap but Laura was on date with someone else at the start of part 1 and after years of dancing around each other would the hand holding never mind the kiss suddenly just happen without any sort of conversation? After 7 years it sounds odd to say but it seemed rushed as though tbtp wanted them together before the last episode in case it really is the last one (I have my fingers crossed its not)
pognog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 13:44
Glawster2002
Forum Member

I know that, and I thoroughly enjoyed the Morse series. What I was saying was IN MY OPINION the Lewis series is even better. By that I mean whilst John Thaw was a brilliant actor and the characters of Morse and Lewis gelled brilliantly, the characters of Lewis and Hathaway gel even more brilliantly. IN MY OPINION.
I know perfectly what you meant, but I was just saying you can't have one without the other.

The only thing I would say is the relationship between Morse and Lewis in Colin Dexter's novels is far more like the way Lewis and Hathaway's relationship is shown in Lewis than how they were portrayed in Morse.
Old 29-01-2013, 14:00
Flukie
Forum Member

Next weeks episode plays a lot - as far as the review of it is concerned - on Robbie and Laura being loved up!
And it mentions Robbie considering retirement.
'Upsetting family news' is what makes him mention retirement to James and Innocent. Wonder what is.

And Laurence's Uncle Edward is in next week, which for me is a bonus cos I love watching Edward Fox.
Old 29-01-2013, 14:06
Flukie
Forum Member

After 7 years it sounds odd to say but it seemed rushed as though tbtp wanted them together before the last episode in case it really is the last one (I have my fingers crossed its not)
Bit like with Morse, it's obviously the end of Lewis as a series of episodes together, but I do hope there's the chance of the odd one off special cos Lewis has been going no time compared to how long Morse lasted!

And Lewis' age is irrelevant really. Look at Frost! He was well over retirement age when Frost final ended and I think David Jason was nearly 70 when he did the last one. Kevin's a spring chicken compared to that! lol!

So I do live in hope of Lewis returning at some point as a one-off (or more than one)
Old 29-01-2013, 16:56
Granny McSmith
Forum Member

Lovely, lovely ending, both for Robbie and Laura getting together, and the remarks of the new DC about how Lewis had been kind to him in the past.

Great scene in the pub. Innocent flabbergasted, Hathaway astonished but delighted.

I hope Robbie and Laura go happily into the sunset together at the end of the series. All we need now is for Hathaway to get a girl, and it will be a completely happy ending.

I will really miss these characters when they go.
Granny McSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 17:19
FreddieP
Forum Member

What a great ending, I had a massive smile on my face with the pub scene & a slight tear when DC Gray was telling the couple about the Geordie police man who reach out to him.

If this is the end I will really miss it.
FreddieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 18:09
hallc
Forum Member

Lia Williams looked, well
hallc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 19:48
MJS
Forum Member

Next weeks episode plays a lot - as far as the review of it is concerned - on Robbie and Laura being loved up!
And it mentions Robbie considering retirement.
'Upsetting family news' is what makes him mention retirement to James and Innocent. Wonder what is.

And Laurence's Uncle Edward is in next week, which for me is a bonus cos I love watching Edward Fox.
Some of the Fox family seem to have appeared at one time or another in the Lewis series. Freddie Fox (Laurence's cousin and Edward's son) was in this last episode, and James Fox ( Laurence's father) played a peculiar professor in another episode in another series, but I can't remember which one. All we need now is for Joanna David and Emilie Fox to turn up.