Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2013, 00:30
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Considering JS was a prolific sex offender over so many decades, I expected there to be more arrests under the 'Savile and others' strand of the investigation.

Instead it has opened the floodgates generally but it seems those who enabled Savile to carry on over those years have not yet been 'brought to book'.
It's possible that those who "enabled" it are either dead or were distant enough that they have enough deniability over what was going on.
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 05-05-2013, 00:42
davidmcn
Forum Member

It's possible that those who "enabled" it are either dead or were distant enough that they have enough deniability over what was going on.
And generally speaking, turning a blind eye to someone else's criminal offences isn't in itself an offence.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:02
skp20040
Forum Member

And generally speaking, turning a blind eye to someone else's criminal offences isn't in itself an offence.
And then of course there will be many "enablers" who were totally innocent of any crime , many people just like his viewers trusted him implicitly and gave him acccess , accommodation etc with no clue what his actual motives were .
skp20040 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 05-05-2013, 01:03
i4u
Forum Member

Considering JS was a prolific sex offender over so many decades, I expected there to be more arrests under the 'Savile and others' strand of the investigation.

Instead it has opened the floodgates generally but it seems those who enabled Savile to carry on over those years have not yet been 'brought to book'.
Because the 600 or so who made claims in general gave no indication others were involved?
Old 05-05-2013, 01:07
i4u
Forum Member

And then of course there will be many "enablers" who were totally innocent of any crime , many people just like his viewers trusted him implicitly and gave him acccess , accommodation etc with no clue what his actual motives were .
Don't forget the youth workers, community groups, schools etc that regularly transported children to programmes that Jimmy Savile presented.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:18
Daisydoes
Forum Member

And others were arrested last year and bailed; but no news.
Not sure how that happened but that wasn't my post you replied to!! I'd commented on that post saying that cops WERE investigating more than mere bum pinching etc and that the allegations are not just confined to the 70s/80s! I believe news is imminent
Old 05-05-2013, 22:18
skp20040
Forum Member

Just saw Martin Brunt's tweet about it.
I don't like the way The Sun has started it's article with GAY in capital letters to describe him, with all the other allegations we are hearing about people they haven't started their articles with STRAIGHT.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:37
jjne
Forum Member

I don't like the way The Sun has started it's article with GAY in capital letters to describe him, with all the other allegations we are hearing about people they haven't started their articles with STRAIGHT.
Indeed -- the Daily Heil did a similar thing. Quite offensive actually -- as if it makes a difference.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:02
Keyser Soze
Forum Member

Indeed -- the Daily Heil did a similar thing. Quite offensive actually -- as if it makes a difference.
Agree with both of these. The papers report heterosexual rape without mentioning it, so why make a big deal about him being gay?
Old 06-05-2013, 20:52
jack patterson
Forum Member

Yes he must have been an alien from space with immense
powers of deception? because over a period of 50 or 60 years he never made one single mistake that would have revealed his insatiable appetite. Has there ever been a human with such a wide variety or perversions?
as apparently he abused....

Men
Women
Boys
Girls
patients in hospitals
the mentality ill
criminals
and not forgetting ..the dead
Old 06-05-2013, 21:03
Sad_BB_Addict
Forum Member

BBC announces "free-standing" inquiry in Stuart Hall
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-inquiry.html
Old 06-05-2013, 21:31
sozzled2day
Forum Member

Yes he must have been an alien from space with immense
powers of deception? because over a period of 50 or 60 years he never made one single mistake that would have revealed his insatiable appetite. Has there ever been a human with such a wide variety or perversions?
as apparently he abused....
Yes he did make mistakes. As an ardent defender of his, how come you're (seemingly) unaware that there were plenty of times he 'slipped up' - but that the people responsible for taking the complaints further either didn't take them further - or did, but were ignored? It's all very well using sarcasm to demean other people's posts - but at least show some awareness of the facts before you do so. I find it hard to believe you don't know about the complaints that were made, and the people (police, other authority figures) who covered up for him. You've been reading this thread for some time now, so how can you be unaware of all this? You seem to want to defend him just for the sake of it. Where's the logic in that?
Old 06-05-2013, 22:23
stargazer61
Forum Member

Jimmy Tarbuck now being quizzed over possible sex attacks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/index.html
Old 06-05-2013, 22:27
spookyLX
Forum Member

just seen it ,
Old 06-05-2013, 22:38
habby
Forum Member

I just read that myself.

This is just getting so ridiculous now. Why don't they just make a list of all well known men in their 70's and 80's and arrest them all?

All this business hasn't changed my opinion of any of them.
Old 06-05-2013, 22:45
Borefest
Forum Member

Not Jimmy Tarbuck don't get that at all who next John Craven Tony Blackburn Ronnie Corbett Tom Jones or Bruce Forsthye?

Feels like my childhood is being taken away
Old 06-05-2013, 22:46
DomJolly
Forum Member

I just read that myself.

This is just getting so ridiculous now. Why don't they just make a list of all well known men in their 70's and 80's and arrest them all?

All this business hasn't changed my opinion of any of them.
Why arrest them all if nobody has reported a crime

If victims come forwards only then can action be taken

Fact is there was something rotten in the showbiz culture here, men getting away with all kinds of things and it's come to bite them back
Old 06-05-2013, 22:54
Westy2
Forum Member

Surprised they had time to make programmes if they were busy doing what has been alleged?

Surely not every 60's & 70's star was at it?
Old 06-05-2013, 23:00
habby
Forum Member

Why arrest them all if nobody has reported a crime

If victims come forwards only then can action be taken

Fact is there was something rotten in the showbiz culture here, men getting away with all kinds of things and it's come to bite them back
I only said it because this is all getting very silly now. It just seems they're working their way through a list.
Old 06-05-2013, 23:03
bryemycaz
Forum Member

Evidently then this is the 70+ year old comedian that the Mirror would not name.

Some people know owe Lovely Jubbly a apology then. I too jumped to conclusions and I was wrong too.
Old 06-05-2013, 23:16
bryemycaz
Forum Member

Apparantly not him or the grumpy old man. I've been given a different name (although this is probably speculation too).

The one I've been told is a keen golfer who used to often play live at her majesties.
Well you were right.
Old 06-05-2013, 23:38
skp20040
Forum Member

Arrested and bailed in connection with one alleged sex attack not attacks, I know one is as serious as a hundred for a victim but just wanted to point out at present this is one allegation of one attack.
Old 06-05-2013, 23:38
Mutter
Forum Member

Utter rubbish! This is turning from a sex abuse scandal into a compensation fest.

I hope this ridiculous accusation brings an end to the celebrity baiting once and for all. Let's see some politicians, and we all know who, dead or alive named and shamed.

I'm tired of the, "he touched my breast", he placed his hand on my knee" tales. FGS, if I had a hundred quid for every time that happened in the 60s/70s, I'd be a wealthy woman.

I'm not damaged by the men in smelly suits, pressing their erection against me on the underground, but more how others, old enough to be my father, ignored my protests by drawing their newspaper over their eyes. In other words, spineless. I see most men that way, not as sexual predators, but spineless.

If anyone is damaged by a touched breast, then I suggest there was something very wrong in their life before that. The girl who's father said Hall was famous so no one would believe them? Had I told my wonderful dad what she did, Stuart Hall wouldn't have been able to crawl, let alone walk for many weeks. Had someone like that dealt with him, he would have been stopped in his tracks.

Did every girl who was ever abused by a famous person keep it from their father, or were they all spineless too? I doubt it, as I'm doubting many of the claims.
Old 07-05-2013, 00:13
anonyy
Forum Member

And now Jimmy Tarbuck is arrested, I wonder who's next
Old 07-05-2013, 00:13
Mutter
Forum Member

I only said it because this is all getting very silly now. It just seems they're working their way through a list.
.... and it's working beautifully as distraction.

The faded old stars, who have no memory of who's waist they slipped their arm around, brushing a breast on the way 40years ago, are great scapegoats for the politicians, high up arrangers in the entertainment world and royalty who are the true filthy b*****s in all this.

Just wait until all those who got paid, come out and say they were assaulted by their now dead famous clients.

Closed Thread