Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Closed Thread
Old 29-01-2013, 19:11
IzzyS
Forum Member

The two middle-aged women weren't close to his age, they were about 20 years younger, but they did have relationships with him when they were adults. One in the late 80's and early 90's, I think. Other around the mid 90's until his death, IIRC. With this last one was the on again, off again relationship. These two women met him when they were teens, and I not sure if this did played a part in it.

As for friends, I agree it doesn't seem Savile had friends, but associates. These associates may have seen Savile as a friend, but if they were treated like Alison Bellamy or "Jim the Pill" (what's up with that guy?), they were measured on how useful they were to him. By Louis documentary, I wonder how they could stand being in a room with him for two minutes. What a controlling creep.
Ah ok, I couldn't remember specifics but I knew they were at least adults when last together.

How was Jim (the Pill, the other Jim...lol) treated badly? I don't remember hearing anything about that - you mean you think he only stayed friends because he could get something from him, ie medication possibly under the counter, presumably? thats probably the case with alot of his 'acquaintances' - be nice and spend time with the people you have a use for, not because you necessarily care about them. Care seems quite a key word actually in a case like this - did he have the capacity to care for anyone, other than his own image for his own good?.

I've wondered in the past what made people, especially females, want to be involved with and work for him, like Allison etc., what the appeal was. I can only presume there was something a bit mysterious and intriguing about the persona he put on, even if they saw that he could be quite arrogant and rude etc. when the cameras weren't around. He was seemingly this big, larger than life type character (or played that character) and I guess that sort of person almost automatically attracts people who are curious about it, maybe some almost felt sorry for him for seeming to keep to himself and things? who knows.

This maybe sounds weird or bad or whatever but in a way I can understand the interest in wanting to chat or interview someone like that because you know that they'll say something at some point that will shock or surprise you - I'm thinking if you ask something fairly inoccuous that could be taken a certain way, you don't know what the answer might be. I can almost see why some people might find that curious, like I think there was an attitude with his friends whereby if they came across something new, they'd think I wonder what JS has to say about this? must call him up, he'll have something to say about it. I can only imagine there was that sort of amusement side to him that appealed to his friends and thats why they'd spend time with him, to see what he'd do next and what he'd say, who he'd take a swipe at (verbally(!) but maybe otherwise :-/) and so on.

They were part of his care team hence 'Jim the Pill'. He had been extremely ill during the 1990s but never showed that in public. On his last Top of the Pops appearance (where he was supposed to have abused people) witnesses said he was very frail and disorientated and was accompanied by people looking after him, but once the camera light went on he was his old self.
He was a retired pharmacist, wasn't he? I thought thats where the name came from but didn't realise he helped him in a more formal role. Didn't he go on the cruise (as shown in Louis' documentary) with him?.
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 29-01-2013, 19:36
inquirer64
Forum Member

Some of those links do appear to come with an agenda, in the past I've noted how many had anti-semitic undertones.

Returning to some of the recent links provided, it's as if there's a drive to connect being gay with being a paedophilia.
The mindset of the authors appear to suggest they believe it is wrong to be gay...I don't think I've ever seen one of these articles suggest there's something sinister about someone being hetrosexual.
Can't say I have noticed a drive to connect being gay with being a paedophile. And I don't understand how they can be connected anyway. Paedohiles are people who are sexually attracted to children and there is no evidence whatsoever (as far as I am aware) to connect being gay with paedophilia.

Unfortunately, the majority, or those in power, sometimes do attack or bully those who are different or perceived less fortunate than themselves.

So with regard to posting links to whatever news is connected to JS or the abuse of children, this must be a good thing. If there is prejudice I'd rather it out in the open, and not hidden. This can then be debated and challenged.
Old 29-01-2013, 21:20
Sad_BB_Addict
Forum Member

Thread (with video link) about a Savile appearance on Celebrity Big Brother
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showt...ghlight=savile
Old 29-01-2013, 21:42
Sad_BB_Addict
Forum Member

Jennifer James has started transcribing 80s press articles relevant to Fernbridge
http://msjenniferjames.blog.co.uk/2013/01/
Old 29-01-2013, 21:44
Sad_BB_Addict
Forum Member

Paedophile MP Peter Morrison was arrested twice but no trace in official records. Guardian 2.6.98
http://twitpic.com/bzbb0w
Old 29-01-2013, 22:34
Glenn A
Forum Member

And he said something about 'learning' to enjoy his mother, which I thought was a bit cryptic. It's as if he felt he had to 'love' her because that was what was expected (demanded?) of him. Aside from her, he didn't even pretend to have feelings for anyone else. No defence of him at all, but it must have been a horribly lonely life to have never made a close emotional connection with another person in 84 years.
Wasn't there some weird thing after she died where he kept the coffin in his bedroom?
Old 29-01-2013, 22:43
IzzyS
Forum Member

Thread (with video link) about a Savile appearance on Celebrity Big Brother
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showt...ghlight=savile
Ugh at what he said to Chantelle at the start ('I know that many fellas love you but they don't love you with the sincerity and tenderness that I do'. 'I even tell the truth when I'm lying') ehhh...

Its also nonsense that he'd never been in 'the nick' because he visited prisons as part of a charity thing I think or some program where celebs went to visit prisoners for a day. I remember reading about it in the biography.

Wasn't there some weird thing after she died where he kept the coffin in his bedroom?
There was a 5 day wake during which he spent time next to her body while around other family members - people took it in turn to be with the body, its a Catholic tradition I think?. He claimed it wasn't as spooky as the papers made it sound.
Old 29-01-2013, 23:07
Eurostar
Forum Member

There was a 5 day wake during which he spent time next to her body while around other family members - people took it in turn to be with the body, its a Catholic tradition I think?. He claimed it wasn't as spooky as the papers made it sound.
Wakes were quite popular with Catholics in the past, but I've never heard of a five day one - that sounds like a uniquely English thing. In Ireland, funerals take place quite speedily after the person has died....usually three days later or so.
Old 29-01-2013, 23:12
Black Velvet

Ugh at what he said to Chantelle at the start ('I know that many fellas love you but they don't love you with the sincerity and tenderness that I do'. 'I even tell the truth when I'm lying') ehhh...

Its also nonsense that he'd never been in 'the nick' because he visited prisons as part of a charity thing I think or some program where celebs went to visit prisoners for a day. I remember reading about it in the biography.

I watched the video link too. He had the gift of the gab, full of the blarney.
He was a chancer an opportunist a philanderer. As for any sexual innuendos I remember when I was a young lassie back in the seventies and you would get older men who liked to hit on young girls and they could not help dropping in sexual innuendos into the conversation.
I think when JS said he hadn't been in a prison it was that he meant he had never been a prisoner in jail.
Old 29-01-2013, 23:38
IzzyS
Forum Member

I watched the video link too. He had the gift of the gab, full of the blarney.
He was a chancer an opportunist a philanderer. As for any sexual innuendos I remember when I was a young lassie back in the seventies and you would get older men who liked to hit on young girls and they could not help dropping in sexual innuendos into the conversation.
I think when JS said he hadn't been in a prison it was that he meant he had never been a prisoner in jail.
They probably still do, at least at times but its more frowned on nowadays, I'd have thought. Ah true about the prisoner role, although he made it clear he wasn't a housemate and was a 'guest' instead.

Also it reminded me how short he was, he really wasn't very tall - this is maybe a dumb question but do people lose some of their height when their older or was he always so short? just curious...the height difference seemed particularly noticeable to me there (but that might just be me).
Old 29-01-2013, 23:53
Black Velvet

They probably still do, at least at times but its more frowned on nowadays, I'd have thought. Ah true about the prisoner role, although he made it clear he wasn't a housemate and was a 'guest' instead.

Also it reminded me how short he was, he really wasn't very tall - this is maybe a dumb question but do people lose some of their height when their older or was he always so short? just curious...the height difference seemed particularly noticeable to me there (but that might just be me).
Yes people seem to lose some of their height when they get older. He was never that tall as I remember.
I was thinking about a neighbour from years gone by and he worked as a porter at one of our local hospitals and though married he had the gift of the gab and a charmer when it came to the ladies.
Old 30-01-2013, 00:57
Sad_BB_Addict
Forum Member

Some grim viewing 10.30pm C4 tonight

Britain's Hidden Child Abuse
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/d...-122/episode-1

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...hannel-1562987
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...e-8471779.html
Old 30-01-2013, 09:58
IzzyS
Forum Member

Yes people seem to lose some of their height when they get older. He was never that tall as I remember.
I was thinking about a neighbour from years gone by and he worked as a porter at one of our local hospitals and though married he had the gift of the gab and a charmer when it came to the ladies.
Its a bit off topic but I asked as I was remembering a late night US radio show I listened to for an interview around the turn of the millennium - they talked about what happens when men and women get older and how men get oestrogen and women get testosterone and their personalities can change a bit because of that - the thought of turning partially into a man creeped me out at the time lol I wondered if bones might shrink to make people lose an inch or two of height as well.

Charmer? sounds more like a chancer lol j/k what exactly does being a porter involve? manual tasks like manual handling, moving things around etc., things that aren't reliant on medical knowledge? just curious.
Old 30-01-2013, 10:08
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

what exactly does being a porter involve? manual tasks like manual handling, moving things around etc., things that aren't reliant on medical knowledge?
Yes, that, basically.
Old 30-01-2013, 10:10
IzzyS
Forum Member

Yes, that, basically.
Ok, thanks
Old 30-01-2013, 11:33
Sad_BB_Addict
Forum Member

Channel 4 Dispatches‏ @C4Dispatches
Caught on camera- Senior rabbi telling alleged victim of child sex abuse not to go to the police http://ow.ly/hfQDj #Dispatches C4 10.30pm
Old 30-01-2013, 12:53
sangreal
Forum Member

what exactly does being a porter involve? manual tasks like manual handling, moving things around etc., things that aren't reliant on medical knowledge? just curious.
Also transporting patients on beds from the wards to operating theatres or for scans/tests etc and back....
Old 30-01-2013, 14:02
Keyser Soze
Forum Member

Also transporting patients on beds from the wards to operating theatres or for scans/tests etc and back....
Yes, I knew a guy who was a hospital porter back in the 70s/80s. He mainly pushed patients about on trollies/beds or in wheelchairs between theatres and wards and was sometimes asked to do other non-medical stuff (like take food round) when they were short staffed elsewhere.

Sometimes he took bodies to the morgue, but I remember him saying he didn't like that, though some porters didn't mind doing it.
Old 30-01-2013, 19:22
IzzyS
Forum Member

Is it a paid job? JS wasn't paid to do what he did, he was a volunteer porter was he not? just curious.

Yes, I knew a guy who was a hospital porter back in the 70s/80s. He mainly pushed patients about on trollies/beds or in wheelchairs between theatres and wards and was sometimes asked to do other non-medical stuff (like take food round) when they were short staffed elsewhere.

Sometimes he took bodies to the morgue, but I remember him saying he didn't like that, though some porters didn't mind doing it.
I guess your lucky to be moved around if on a trolly, thinking about that story on Reporting Scotland recently about an elderly man who had been left on a trolley in a cold corridor for 8 hours! (http://news.stv.tv/scotland/211079-p...r-eight-hours/).
Old 30-01-2013, 20:09
Sad_BB_Addict
Forum Member

Not sure what to make of this
http://www.thepaedotrial.com/
Old 30-01-2013, 21:10
Sad_BB_Addict
Forum Member

Police chief warns VIP paedophiles
http://www.exaronews.com/articles/48...-your-shoulder
Old 30-01-2013, 22:10
Eurostar
Forum Member

Is it a paid job? JS wasn't paid to do what he did, he was a volunteer porter was he not? just curious.
Yes, it's a fully paid full time job. I guess Savile couldn't become a paid hospital porter as he was employed by the BBC and already had a salary, hence his "volunteer porter" role (quite an unusual thing I would think).
Old 30-01-2013, 22:23
Sad_BB_Addict
Forum Member

Made a thread for the Dispatches prog @ 10.30, C4
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showt...3#post63968503
Old 30-01-2013, 22:28
IzzyS
Forum Member

Yes, it's a fully paid full time job. I guess Savile couldn't become a paid hospital porter as he was employed by the BBC and already had a salary, hence his "volunteer porter" role (quite an unusual thing I would think).
Thats what I would have thought. It looks like there are plenty of volunteering opportunities available though (at least in Northern Ireland anyway):- http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/volunteering-in-hospitals

If you have a criminal record you will be asked to declare this. You may be asked to get a criminal records check.
They don't check everyone, only some people and your asked to declare if you have a record - whats to stop someone from just not declaring it then?
Old 30-01-2013, 22:31
lexi22
Inactive Member

Oh dear. The misspelt and grammatically erratic sales blurb doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

A spot of cashing in, perhaps?

Closed Thread