Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

5ive, 911, Liberty X, B*Witched, and Atomic kitten reuniting...911 aged well

Old 01-02-2013, 15:41
little-monster
Forum Member

I watched this on Catch up
It was interesting to see what really went behind the scenes because i rather young at the time and use to like all these now shameful cheesy pop groups.

The Bewitched one looks interesting. Very intense by some of the previews. One of them can't even bear to be in a room with one of them.
little-monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 01-02-2013, 15:43
mimicole
Forum Member

I watched this on Catch up
It was interesting to see what really went behind the scenes because i rather young at the time and use to like all these now shameful cheesy pop groups.

The Bewitched one looks interesting. Very intense by some of the previews. One of them can't even bear to be in a room with one of them.
me too.
mimicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 16:53
Makson
Forum Member

Poo on a stick...I missed this
Makson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 16:55
mimicole
Forum Member

^ It's on ITV catchup on sky anytime.
mimicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 17:06
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

If you have sky+ it'll be on Anytime at some point under ITV. Failing that it's probably online somewhere.
I don't have Sky+ I was supposed to get Sky in 2010 but never did. It's a long story. I'll see if I can find it somewhere online that is legal and works here in Ireland
cnbcwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 20:11
Magic Torch
Forum Member

yeah shame about eternal - isnt this year 20 years since the first album?
Wow, yes, it's 20 years since Always & Forever was released That makes me feel so old! I loved every track on the album.
Magic Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 23:34
boysforpele
Forum Member

Eternal were a great rnb pop girl band ... good solid albums and some great pop tunes....
boysforpele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 00:42
Hav_mor91
Forum Member

I watched and enjoyed but really am only watching for B*Witched. It was a great watch looking back and its amazing now to know exactly what went on its sad liberty x ended like they did as they were an okay pop band with some nice songs and even now Just A Little sounds brilliant fresha nd exciting and could do well today.
Hav_mor91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:26
rivercity_rules
Forum Member

Loved the first show, not looking forward to Katona next week. What are they going to do with "Rise and Fall" of Atomic Kitten, since really they kind of just went off to do solo things, and even reunited a while after they ended to do a track for a Liverpool event.

I thought they were all still friends, until this reunion that is, It better not be a hatchet job on Jenny! It'll probably end up as yet another "I fell into drink and drugs, lost my husband, found Maaaarrrrk" etc Katona story. BORING.
rivercity_rules is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 22:21
87Ben
Forum Member

Loved the first show, not looking forward to Katona next week. What are they going to do with "Rise and Fall" of Atomic Kitten, since really they kind of just went off to do solo things, and even reunited a while after they ended to do a track for a Liverpool event.

I thought they were all still friends, until this reunion that is, It better not be a hatchet job on Jenny! It'll probably end up as yet another "I fell into drink and drugs, lost my husband, found Maaaarrrrk" etc Katona story. BORING.
I absolutely agree. Even on this morning they were all interested in Kerry. Atomic Kitten were successful after she left the band. So its ridiculous in my opinion. I don't want to hear about Katona either I hate the way she is still in the media she is and will always be a nobody. I hope Atomic Kitten decide not to release music with her as their albums will just head in the bargain bin.
87Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 22:46
Keviness
Forum Member

I personally think they've only got Katona on board just for the headlines and how much of a car crash she is... I don't think they'd have bothered with Atomic Kitten otherwise.
Keviness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:58
grimtales1
Forum Member

For me, the biggest shame is Eternal not featuring in this programme. They were the leaders of the pack.
Eternal had some great songs - the early stuff like Stay, Just a Step from Heaven etc, and I Wanna Be The Only One was a great RnB/gospel tune
When I was about 12 I fancied some of the members rather
grimtales1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:54
James103
Forum Member

SUCH good tv!
James103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:58
abrightyz
Forum Member

the problem with 5ive, when you see only 4 in a photo, lolz!!
abrightyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 14:39
tigraboi
Forum Member

I actually feel kind of sorry for Liberty X cos it seems they just had to admit they weren't selling and their popularity had waned in an ever-changing industry. Unlike most other groups of their ilk, I didn't get any sense of discord and animosity between individual members as seems to be the case with most of the others. They did seem to be exhausted with the pop treadmill but I think any pop star/group with longevity learns to slow that down and have a proper work/life balance just like everyone needs and they would've got that eventually.

I really liked them when they were around. Seems a shame that people with a talent get so sickened with it all that they don't do the thing they love anymore, i.e. singing!
tigraboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 15:04
rivercity_rules
Forum Member

I absolutely agree. Even on this morning they were all interested in Kerry. Atomic Kitten were successful after she left the band. So its ridiculous in my opinion. I don't want to hear about Katona either I hate the way she is still in the media she is and will always be a nobody. I hope Atomic Kitten decide not to release music with her as their albums will just head in the bargain bin.
i really hope they don't let her sing any of Jenny's songs.

She can slaughter Ladies Night if she wants, but other than that I don't want to see her singing If you Come to Me, Last Goodbye, It's Ok etc.
rivercity_rules is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 16:51
Keviness
Forum Member

i really hope they don't let her sing any of Jenny's songs.

She can slaughter Ladies Night if she wants, but other than that I don't want to see her singing If you Come to Me, Last Goodbye, It's Ok etc.
Tide is High & Whole Again are 100% not sure what their third will be!
Keviness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 14:16
grimtales1
Forum Member

the problem with 5ive, when you see only 4 in a photo, lolz!!
I used to wonder if their name should have been pronounced "Five-ive" or something
grimtales1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:24
Harper_Milne
Forum Member

Sureley they can't just be doing the ONE show? I bet they will see the type of money on offer if they do an arena tour and scream, right?
Harper_Milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:57
anna42hmr
Forum Member

Sureley they can't just be doing the ONE show? I bet they will see the type of money on offer if they do an arena tour and scream, right?
There was something mentioned in twitter saying that due to how quick the tickets for the one off sold, considering tour. However nothing concrete has been said, plus I would imagine with do many people involved scheduling could cause some issues.

Did any one else watch last night, never realised that one from 911 was married to Lynsey from b witched.
anna42hmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:03
brunolover
Forum Member

Seeing the list of artists involved does really highlight how bad mainstream pop music was back in the late 90s for kids. Add Boyzone, Westlife in the mix and it's all pretty hideous. Not that I'm necessarily a massive fan of today's music but today's kids surely have it better with the likes of Rihanna, Gaga, Calvin Harris, Adele and 1 Direction.
brunolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 19:53
Theo_Bear
Inactive Member

The B*Witched one looks interesting. Very intense by some of the previews. One of them can't even bear to be in a room with one of them.
Where have you got this from? And which two are you talking about?
Theo_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 20:01
popprincess5678
Forum Member

Well it seems to be Sinead with the problem and I can't wait to see why!
popprincess5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 20:17
Tejas
Forum Member

Seeing the list of artists involved does really highlight how bad mainstream pop music was back in the late 90s for kids. Add Boyzone, Westlife in the mix and it's all pretty hideous. Not that I'm necessarily a massive fan of today's music but today's kids surely have it better with the likes of Rihanna, Gaga, Calvin Harris, Adele and 1 Direction.
Highly debateable - I think the likes of B*witched, Steps, S Club 7 were a LOT better than One Direction, Little Mix and the like! But I'm a child of the 90s and proud.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 20:18
Harper_Milne
Forum Member

It's MENTAL to think of how successful they all were. Like 5ive sold 20 million and I dont even remember 911 that well but they seem really famous internationally. Crazy how everyone just forgot about them and didn't give a crap about them like a year later after they broke up.
Harper_Milne is offline   Reply With Quote