Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Les Mis....has anyone else seen the musical and a little scared to see the film?

Old 09-01-2013, 00:45
HoveringKestrel
Forum Member

Because I am, I mean I know it will never be the same, but because this is taking itself so seriously...I'm a bit worried I will hate it.

I didn't LOVE th musical, but I'm a bit worried this might be Hollywood again popping its face into otherwise well established institutions?
HoveringKestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:56
JCR
Forum Member

It's made by Working Title, which is a UK company, so it isn't really hollywood. People seem to like it.

Russell Crowe is going to sing. What's not to love?
JCR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:39
Moony

I'm scared to see the film - and haven't seen the musical.

Dont think I could sit through two and a half hours of Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe and Anne Hathaway singing.
Moony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:35
KidMoe
Forum Member

I'm slightly worried about it, mainly because the two leads are pretty much my least favourite actors working today. The trailer looks pretty poor and I just hope all of Russell Crowe's parts are not as awful as the bits I've heard.
KidMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:38
Suze
Forum Member

I've seen the musical (many many times) and saw the film when I was in Canada over Christmas. I loved it.

If you like the musical there is a good chance you'll like the film. If you didn't like the musical you probably won't like the film.

The live singing works very well, Tom Hooper loves a close up and I found that a bit overwhelming at times but overall the story suits the big screen.

Most of the actors sing well - Hugh Jackman has previous musical experience, and Anne Hathaway's version of I Dreamed a Dream was amazing. Russell Crowe was the weakest (in my view) but he was fine.
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote