Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Dermot O'Leary joins Strictly....

Old 09-01-2013, 10:25
jiroos
Forum Member

...for one night only!!!

He will be dancing a quickstep with judge Darcey Bussell at the top of the National Television Awards in two weeks time!

Can't wait to see Simon's face!!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...y-Bussell.html
jiroos is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:18
dancing-girl
Forum Member

Perhaps he is a contender for Brucie's crown!
dancing-girl is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:59
Carolina
Forum Member

I hope not X Factor is one thing but please no not Strictly
Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 14:44
Dilly 1
Forum Member

I'm quite looking forward to this if it does happen... I like Dermot
Dilly 1 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 15:07
Jan2555*GG*
Forum Member

Perhaps he is a contender for Brucie's crown!
I really hope not his voice is so monotone & he doesn't have the charm or light & shade that strictly needs. I would rather have Vernon than him & that's saying something as he is about 100 on my list of possibles
Jan2555*GG* is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 16:16
swnymor1963
Forum Member

I really hope not his voice is so monotone & he doesn't have the charm or light & shade that strictly needs. I would rather have Vernon than him & that's saying something as he is about 100 on my list of possibles
It`s not going to happen...but I`d have to disagree with you...I`v always thought he was an excellent live TV host...Imo he was fab on Big Brothers little brother....Big Brother spin off show for those who are`t familiar with BB..similar to it takes two.
swnymor1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 18:08
*Topaz*
Forum Member

I don't mind Dermot - I'm not really into X-factor and wasn't massively into BB, he seems quite a decent tv host on other shows I've seen him on though - I know him more for radio because I listen to him on radio 2 and always thought he's a good DJ - he has a nice, friendly personality.

If he is dancing with Darcey that should be interesting to watch
*Topaz* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 20:39
Clartem
Forum Member

I don't mind Dermot - I'm not really into X-factor and wasn't massively into BB, he seems quite a decent tv host on other shows I've seen him on though - I know him more for radio because I listen to him on radio 2 and always thought he's a good DJ - he has a nice, friendly personality.

If he is dancing with Darcey that should be interesting to watch
Agree with all of that, I like Dermot and he has introduced me to great bands on his sat live feature.
Clartem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 21:48
*Topaz*
Forum Member

Agree with all of that, I like Dermot and he has introduced me to great bands on his sat live feature.
Yeah he showcases some good bands on his radio show and he always does good interviews - he seems to put people at ease so they give revealing, interesting interviews
*Topaz* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:53
katmobile
Forum Member

It`s not going to happen...but I`d have to disagree with you...I`v always thought he was an excellent live TV host...Imo he was fab on Big Brothers little brother....Big Brother spin off show for those who are`t familiar with BB..similar to it takes two.
I thought so too - the bits I've seen of the X-Factor (my brother and his gf watch it when we're round my parents) he seems like a unobstrustive host which is actually what SCD actually needs rather than someone who thinks it's his show (I use the male genre because of Brucie and because most of his suggested replacements are male).
katmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 16:34
TopsyC
Forum Member

I would be pleased if the Dermot were to take over the Strictly presenting job, as others have said he has experience of hosting live shows and has a nice personality - I also don't think he tries to make things about him and instead encourages contestants to shine
TopsyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 19:23
holly berry
Forum Member

I like Dermot - the notion that he might take over from the increasingly incompetent Brucie had never occurred to me but now that it has, I think he could grow into the role: he's a smart cookie with a nice ass to boot!
holly berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 14:25
westlifefan123
Forum Member

I'm so excited about this dance that Dermot is doing tonight on the National Television Awards with Darcey - I love the fact that he is wanting to do this and he has even taken dance lessons for this dance and also a great choice of dance as well - love the quickstep.

Hope anyone who is watching the NTAs enjoys the show tonight - and Dermot's dance with Darcey.

From Hayley

Last edited by westlifefan123 : 23-01-2013 at 14:26. Reason: missed something out
westlifefan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 15:30
soulmate61

7:30pm to 10pm on ITV.
Can anyone pinpoint the likely time for Darcey's dance?
soulmate61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 15:51
westlifefan123
Forum Member

7:30pm to 10pm on ITV.
Can anyone pinpoint the likely time for Darcey's dance?
Not sure yet but we'll have to wait and see - and I hope someone puts the routine onto YouTube so I can watch it over and over again which I do with a lot of my fave Strictly/DWTS routines.

From Hayley
westlifefan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 17:25
Bungitin
Forum Member

Just a thought.

If Brucies rug was kidnapped and held to ransom say just before a show - what is the Beeb's plan B.

(Any closer and the wig gets it!!!)
Bungitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 20:13
soulmate61

Darcey in a carmine dress is now on and quickstepping at 40 minutes into the segment.
In a no-nonsense pleasing voice Darcey shows another facet of her talent -- quite a presenter.
soulmate61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 18:52
TerryM22
Forum Member

...for one night only!!!

He will be dancing a quickstep with judge Darcey Bussell at the top of the National Television Awards in two weeks time!

Can't wait to see Simon's face!!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...y-Bussell.html
I love Darcy, but I'm not a fan of Dermot, I would much rather see her dance with another.
TerryM22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 15:26
silversandy
Forum Member

I love Darcy, but I'm not a fan of Dermot, I would much rather see her dance with another.
Dermot danced with Darcy fairly recently. After that performance we won't be seeing him on SCD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPqPxaySQ1g
silversandy is offline   Reply With Quote