Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Superior Spiderman

Old 10-01-2013, 16:47
Jon McManamy
Forum Member

What do people think? i thought it was ok, seemed a bit of a back track on what happened in Amazing Spiderman but interesting ending
Jon McManamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 10-01-2013, 17:09
mred2000
Forum Member

I'm 7 pages off the end and thinking distinctly meh. Unless something absolutely awesome happens in the next 7 pages I won't be bothering with issue 2.
mred2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:49
cyclone5uk
Forum Member

What do people think? i thought it was ok, seemed a bit of a back track on what happened in Amazing Spiderman but interesting ending
Yes, I know what you mean. It somewhat diminished the significance of what happened at the end of Amazing #700. I would have preferred it if Dan Slott had waited a few issues before revealing the twist.

I didn't care much for Ryan Stegman's art either.

As always, my detailed thoughts can be found here: http://theweekendwednesday.com/2013/...-spider-man-1/
cyclone5uk is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:56
MidnightFalcon
Forum Member

Spoiler

Lame in the extreme.
MidnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 14:19
mred2000
Forum Member

I didn't care much for Ryan Stegman's art either.
I think he's OK, he's young so he'll find his feet eventually. He's on a Bachalo trip at the moment. I liked his work on Scarlet Spider

I think I agree.

I also find it bizarre that no-one has questioned why PP is suddenly talking like a 1950's sci-fi b-movie evil scientist, yet...
mred2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 13:04
Ed Sizzers
Forum Member

I ain't read ASM since OMD, but it's obvious this is all about Marvel having their cake and eating it. Let's be honest, the "villain taking over a hero's life" idea isn't a wholly original story, and really this could have just been another arc in ASM for a month or so. But Marvel know a merketing opportunity when they see one, so they 'kill off' Peter in #700 and make all this fuss about him being replaced, in the hope of attracting a bunch of new readers. But then they also hedge their bets by...

Spoiler

...for however long Marvel decide to milk this Spock storyline. My guess is that will be long enough to justify the relaunch, but not too long that people get bored with...

Spoiler

And then there'll be another relaunch to put everything back the way it was. Well, the way it was after OMD, anyway.
Ed Sizzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 09:36
The Fozzmeister
Forum Member

I really enjoyed SSM #1. If you follow Dan Slott on Twitter he's been saying for months that you just need to wait and read SSM #1 before making judgements, so I don't think it's a massive cop-out by Marvel at all. SSM 1 would probably have been plotted and storyboard in the middle of 2012, so it was always dan's plan to have it this way, he's never tried to say this is the absolute end, he's dropped hints for months that the story wouldn't be completely over in ASM #700.

Plus, he's already written 6 issues of SSM, so he's not diong this on the fly. I think it's the media that have caused a storm, Slott's actually been pretty good about the whole thing.
The Fozzmeister is offline   Reply With Quote