Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Fassbender gets hosed ... again!

Old 10-01-2013, 19:59
seosamh
Forum Member

Overlooked for Shame last year and now his fantastic performance in Prometheus is overlooked this year by the academy. I think any remaining shred of respect or interest in those stupid awards is gone
seosamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 10-01-2013, 20:07
Muttley76
Forum Member

With respect, i don't think there was any expectation he was going to be nominated for Prometheus by anyone, save perhaps you, thus rendering this thread hyperbolic nonsense.
Muttley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 21:06
Big Boy Barry
Forum Member

He should take comfort that even if he got hosed, no one gets more hosed than poor old Leonardo DiCaprio
Big Boy Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 21:12
Jenbonjovi
Forum Member

With respect, i don't think there was any expectation he was going to be nominated for Prometheus by anyone, save perhaps you, thus rendering this thread hyperbolic nonsense.
Why would anyone be so rude when replying to a post?
Jenbonjovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 21:55
Mark A
Forum Member

'Cos it's the internet?

Regards

Mark
Mark A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 22:03
_NiallDEE_
Forum Member

I agree that he was robbed for Shame, however I don't really think he should have been nominated for Prometheus? He wasn't on any of the prediction lists or other awards lists so I don't think it's a massive shock that he hasn't been nominated
_NiallDEE_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:06
Moony

His performance in Prometheus wasn't anything out of the ordinary IMO - pretty average actually (much like the film).
Moony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 13:13
pazza_73
Forum Member

Awards ceremonies are a load of old tosh anyway. It's all about who you know or who scratched who's back, rather than rewarding real talent or films. The fact that any non-English language film has to be shoved into a separate category so never considered for the main awards is also scandalous.

Good performances whether they are in films considered average should recognised, but sadly, the main awards will always be given to a very small subset of actors and films.
pazza_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 13:58
Thunder Lips
Inactive Member

I liked his performance. Award worthy though? Not sure, but being in that particular film made it a certainty it wouldn't grab any of the big ones. Tainted by association.
Thunder Lips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 14:08
yaristaman
Forum Member

The fact that any non-English language film has to be shoved into a separate category so never considered for the main awards is also scandalous
Foreign language films have been nominated for Best Picture before.
yaristaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 14:50
Chairman___Meow
Inactive Member

His performance in Prometheus wasnt much cop. He's the 'actor du jour' so everyone automatically assumes hes brilliant in everything. But with a script as poor as Prometheus its not really testing his mettle, so to speak.
Chairman___Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 15:05
pazza_73
Forum Member

Foreign language films have been nominated for Best Picture before.
Few and far between. On one hand it is good that they get their own category to gain exposure, but then this seems to expel them from the main categories.
pazza_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 15:37
paulschapman
Forum Member

Overlooked for Shame last year and now his fantastic performance in Prometheus is overlooked this year by the academy. I think any remaining shred of respect or interest in those stupid awards is gone
The Awards are voted by members of the industry for their peers - same here for the BAFTA awards - as such it is not really a great surprise that what may be popular for the public is not always seen the same by industry peers.

To be honest I don't think his performance was that stand out compared with others.
paulschapman is offline   Reply With Quote