Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Who would I speak to about my own chat show?

Old 11-01-2013, 15:25
royllsroyce
Inactive Member

I have an idea for a chat show, my own show, I will get a floral painted van, travel up and down the UK. I will chat to celebrities and celebrities will perform in scenic locations outside the van. I will have a mixture of celebs from different eras of time like Rhianna, Sonia, Justin Beiber, Gina G, Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi, Shawaddywaddy, Eric Clapton, Alexandra Burke. As well as doing their own songs, I will expect them to do a cover of something they never sang, and change it into their own style.

I will have a friendly puppet on board.

I will have a real life section too where I will talk to someone with woe in their life, and possibly do DNA tests and give the results.

I will also dress up as different characters and surprise or prank people in a fun way like Cilla Black "surprise surprise" and Jeremy Beadle "Beadles about"

To add entertainment value for kids, a pack of puppet foxes, called Shark, Mafia, and Hannibal (their characters will be similar to that of the 3 witches of Hocus Pocus) will follow the van around and attempt to trap the celebs and eat them or try to steal the van etc... and their plans will usually end in hilarious disastrous consequences for them.

Members of the public can follow the van's movements on Twitter.

I just need a floral van, a cameraman or 2, and a station willing to broadcast my 2 hour weekly show. I'm not sure of the best place to start.
royllsroyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 11-01-2013, 15:50
bargepole
Forum Member

Sounds absolutely fantastic, a sure-fire ratings winner which will pull in a 10m+ audience.

It's a well-known fact that top execs from all the major TV channels regularly trawl this forum for ideas, so you don't need to contact anyone, they'll be chasing after you, all you need to do is decide which one is offering you the best contract.
bargepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 15:54
afx237vi
Forum Member

A psychiatrist?
afx237vi is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 15:57
kimindex
Forum Member

I think you'd probably need to aim a bit lower with the celebs. Perhaps there's a local internet TV channel you can approach with the idea?
kimindex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 16:00
Hugh Letdown
Inactive Member

...a cameraman or 2...
I'm outraged by this! This is the 21st Century and you are still insisting on using the term cameraman? It's cameraperson, if you do not mind, thank you very much!

But good luck with the show. I am excited for you.

...and me.

...and, well, all of us!
Hugh Letdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 16:06
Lulz77
Forum Member

I'm outraged by this! This is the 21st Century and you are still insisting on using the term cameraman? It's cameraperson, if you do not mind, thank you very much!

But good luck with the show. I am excited for you.

...and me.

...and, well, all of us!
BIB: You do realise how that looks?
It's like #susanalbumparty all over again
Lulz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 16:33
intoxication
Forum Member

Who would I speak to about my own chat show?
the voices in your head that are telling you this is a good idea
intoxication is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 16:35
BellaRosa
Forum Member

But I'd watch it
BellaRosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 16:48
Doghouse Riley
Forum Member

When you were at school, when they asked you what you wanted to be when you left, what did you reply?

"Famous?"
Doghouse Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 16:59
Ollie_h19
Forum Member

Monkey Tennis?
Ollie_h19 is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 17:14
royllsroyce
Inactive Member

I believe I can bring something to weekend television that has been missing for quite some time now! Its a genre that needs a kick up the backside! I have a great idea, a vision of what I want, I'm prepared to do most of the work myself, I'll do it fairly cheap. Its a broadcasters wet dream.
Old 11-01-2013, 17:22
Flying Dagger
Forum Member

Seeing as your "borrowing" ideas from Surprise Surprise, Jeremy Beadle and Jeremy Kyle why not have a Jimmy Saville lookalike and bring back Jim'll Fix it?
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 18:26
degsyhufc
Forum Member

I think you'd probably need to aim a bit lower with the celebs. Perhaps there's a local internet TV channel you can approach with the idea?
Yeah, Sonia and Gina G aren't just going to rock up for anyone
degsyhufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 18:28
degsyhufc
Forum Member

I have an idea for a chat show, my own show, I will get a floral painted van, travel up and down the UK. I will chat to celebrities and celebrities will perform in scenic locations outside the van. I will have a mixture of celebs from different eras of time like Rhianna, Sonia, Justin Beiber, Gina G, Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi, Shawaddywaddy, Eric Clapton, Alexandra Burke. As well as doing their own songs, I will expect them to do a cover of something they never sang, and change it into their own style.

I will have a real life section too where I will talk to someone with woe in their life, and possibly do DNA tests and give the results.

I will also dress up as different characters and surprise or prank people in a fun way like Cilla Black "surprise surprise" and Jeremy Beadle "Beadles about"

To add entertainment value for kids, a pack of puppet foxes, called Shark, Mafia, and Hannibal (their characters will be similar to that of the 3 witches of Hocus Pocus) will follow the van around and attempt to trap the celebs and eat them or try to steal the van etc... and their plans will usually end in hilarious disastrous consequences for them.

I just need a floral van, a cameraman or 2, and a station willing to broadcast my 2 hour weekly show. I'm not sure of the best place to start.
Do it on Youtube. Robert Llewelyn got his own series called Carpool.
Old 11-01-2013, 18:38
LaceyLouelle3
Forum Member

2 hours of absolute rubbish...no thanks anyway good luck
LaceyLouelle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 18:38
Honestweegie
Forum Member

Please be kidding
Honestweegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 19:04
Brain Donor
Forum Member

Mark?

No, sorry, if it had been him he'd have called himself "Bentley"
Brain Donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 21:04
Danny Hart
Forum Member

I have an idea for a chat show... etc etc blah blah blah
You're totally stupid. But you're funny.
Danny Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 21:14
solarflare
Forum Member

To be honest a much better idea is a fly-on-the-wall documentary series where you actually pitch these sort of ideas to a real panel of TV experts, in an unhinged-broadcasting-Dragons-Den type way.

I think that could work, for at least a half hour.
solarflare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 21:19
degsyhufc
Forum Member

Now we're back on to Alan Partridge
Old 11-01-2013, 21:25
jonjons
Forum Member

To be honest a much better idea is a fly-on-the-wall documentary series where you actually pitch these sort of ideas to a real panel of TV experts, in an unhinged-broadcasting-Dragons-Den type way.

I think that could work, for at least a half hour.
It exists!!! Its called the Pitch and its coming to sky1. If you go on twitter rollsroyce and search 'OfficialCastme' and go on their tweets you will find one about pitching your ideas and it could be made into a sky1 show.

I think 2hours is really long for what you want to do. It could easily be conformed into a half an hour show with 3 guests featured. I also think you have too many ideas as its not a magazine show. I like the idea of finding singers and them singing in random locations. BBC Switch,the teenage strand did this in 2007 with a show called Sound presented by Annie Mac and Nick Grimshaw and they had singers performing in car parks and wasteland.
jonjons is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 23:21
Steve9214
Forum Member

Sounds a bit like "Saviles Travels" to me - although that was on Radio 1.

And we all know how well that turned out for everyone !!!
Steve9214 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 23:58
Ollie_h19
Forum Member

I believe I can bring something to weekend television that has been missing for quite some time now! Its a genre that needs a kick up the backside! I have a great idea, a vision of what I want, I'm prepared to do most of the work myself, I'll do it fairly cheap. Its a broadcasters wet dream.
Unfortunately its not. Im pretty sure the BBC are doing Ok with Strictly and Dr Who and ITV with BGT/ The X Factor/ Celeb etc. Yes, they're not for everyone but they are tried and tested and, most importantly, the various votes and phone ins make money.

Your show is Partridge meets Beadle meets Savile (amazingly) meets kids' TV meets Jeremy Kyle. Which no one ever asked for.

Sorry to piss on your fire, but no. And certainly not for TWO HOURS!
Old 12-01-2013, 00:10
Ollie_h19
Forum Member

In fact, reading it again, its Scooby Doo (in the van) meets Radio 1's Live Lounge, with an unnecessary puppet, followed by a Jeremy Kyle segment, meets Beadle, with a Wacky Races element, on Twitter. For two hours.
Old 12-01-2013, 00:43
royllsroyce
Inactive Member

In fact, reading it again, its Scooby Doo (in the van) meets Radio 1's Live Lounge, with an unnecessary puppet, followed by a Jeremy Kyle segment, meets Beadle, with a Wacky Races element, on Twitter. For two hours.
Theres never been anything like it on television before - oh wait....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...wyVxIzE#t=261s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...x5MVmMxo#t=65s