Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

DS Not Working on My Nexus 7

Old 11-01-2013, 17:49
Spider Rico
Forum Member

Got a Nexus 7 earlier in the week(which I absolutely love), and webpages work fine in Chrome, all except for DS that is. It worked for the first 24 hours, but now just refuses to load. Neither the forums, nor the main site will open. I have tried both the desktop and mobile versions, but nothing. All other webpages load in Chrome. Any ideas?
Spider Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 11-01-2013, 17:52
LostFool
Forum Member

Got a Nexus 7 earlier in the week(which I absolutely love), and webpages work fine in Chrome, all except for DS that is. It worked for the first 24 hours, but now just refuses to load. Neither the forums, nor the main site will open. I have tried both the desktop and mobile versions, but nothing. All other webpages load in Chrome. Any ideas?
Are you using any Ad blocking software? I tried Adblock on my Nexus and every site was fine with it apart from DS. Removed Adblock and DS worked again.
LostFool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 17:54
psionic
Forum Member

No problems with DS on my Nexus 7. Have you tried rebooting it? (Just keep the power button held for about 10 seconds)
psionic is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 17:56
Spider Rico
Forum Member

Are you using any Ad blocking software? I tried Adblock on my Nexus and every site was fine with it apart from DS. Removed Adblock and DS worked again.
Yes, I am. I bet that's what it is. Hopefully I can configure it not to block DS. Thank you

Hmmm, actually it seems there are no options to create a filter. You have to choose from a pre-existing set of filters. The only other ad-blocker I can find is one where you have to root the tablet, which I obviously don't want to touch with a barge pole.
Spider Rico is offline   Reply With Quote