Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Did they ever record any TV stows near where you live

Old 11-01-2013, 21:09
retroguy
Forum Member

I was proudest of the fact that the legendary kids game show Fun House was produced by my local ITV franchise STV at their former studios in Cowcaddens Glasgow-which was about half an hour,s drive from where I live

Wheel Of Fortune and Win Lose Or Draw where Scottish productions too

The Paul Coia word quiz Catchword was a BBC Scotland production-though later co produced by an independent company and made at the former studios at Queen Margret Drive again not far from where I live and not too far from the studios of the rival ITV station

I,m gutted I could not sit in the Catchword audience as I was to young while it was on telly
retroguy is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 11-01-2013, 21:10
woot_whoo
Inactive Member

I was proudest of the fact that the legendary kids game show Fun House was produced by my local ITV franchise STV at their former studios in Cowcaddens Glasgow-which was about half an hour,s drive from where I live

Wheel Of Fortune and Win Lose Or Draw where Scottish productions too

The Paul Coia word quiz Catchword was a BBC Scotland production-though later co produced by an independent company and made at the former studios at Queen Margret Drive again not far from where I live and not too far from the studios of the rival ITV station

I,m gutted I could not sit in the Catchword audience as I was to young while it was on telly
If you're from Glasgow, chances are you're not too far from where they filmed the Still Game exteriors (Townhead and Maryhill I believe).
woot_whoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 21:15
mazzy50
Forum Member

I used to live in walking-distance from the Pebble Mill studios in Birmingham.

Does anyone else remember Pebble Mill at 1?
mazzy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 21:16
vixyvic
Forum Member

Not very glamorous but Dangerfield was filmed round my town Warwick.
vixyvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 21:18
degsyhufc
Forum Member

Glasgow these days doubles for US cities in movies and has even doubled as Edinburgh.

There was a crime drama filmed in some of the dodgy derelict streets in my town. The houses are all boarded up now and planning to be demolished.
degsyhufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 21:25
mazzy50
Forum Member

They used parts of Birmingham during the filming of Hustle.
mazzy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 21:29
woot_whoo
Inactive Member

Glasgow these days doubles for US cities in movies and has even doubled as Edinburgh.

There was a crime drama filmed in some of the dodgy derelict streets in my town. The houses are all boarded up now and planning to be demolished.
Yes, I recall seeing pictures of Glasgow a couple of years ago 'dressed' as Philadelphia for a Brad Pitt zombie film.
woot_whoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 21:35
Espresso
Forum Member

I live in Blackpool, so we often have a visit from Coronation St. We had the delightful 999 What's your emergency not so long ago, which went down like a bucket of sick with the tourist board.
We get Strictly some years, though not this year and every time Coronation St or Emmerdale are filming a scene when someone meets with a watery disaster - car crashes into canals, people plunging into water at the bottom of a disused quarry, they film that at The Nautical College rescue training pool in Fleetwood, just up the road.

My favourite thing they filmed here was a few years ago - The Royal Variety Show, I was at that and it was a great night. I also liked Blackpool with David Tennent and David Morrissey. The follow up Viva Blackpool! wasn't quite as good, though.
Espresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 21:46
Caltonfan
Forum Member

waterloo road at the moment. though i dont watch it

not a programme but the film sweet sixteen
Caltonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 21:56
casperfan2002@y
Forum Member

Doctor Who here in Cardiff!
casperfan2002@y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 22:02
ganderpoke66
Inactive Member

They are filming the new series of The Real Housewives Of New Cumnock nearby
ganderpoke66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 22:09
BellaRosa
Forum Member

Songs of Praise and Harry Secombe
BellaRosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 22:16
Serial Lurker
Forum Member

They filmed a Peak Practice in my house once.
Serial Lurker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 22:30
Rip the TV Eye
Forum Member

Raining Stones was filmed on the housing estate where I live.
Rip the TV Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 22:53
MaleficOpus
Forum Member

I can't trump Peak Practice, but Badger was filmed in my street. They set off an explosion in a disused building and a car chase went down the back lane (which is a dead end). So my house has been on television and my sister got Jerome Flynn's autograph.

On a completely different note, apparently the Geordie Shore people moved "to a new house in a converted warehouse on the outskirts of the city" uncomfortably near me, but I'm pleased to say I've never seen them.
MaleficOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 23:05
linnylou
Forum Member

Pie in the Sky, Midsomer Murders and a juice commercial have all been filmed in my town. I also used to live a stones throw from Elstree Studios.
linnylou is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 23:10
catsitter
Forum Member

Yes, they filmed a couple of terrible drama series round here (in Nottingham) a few years ago - "Paradise Heights" and "A Thing Called Love". I used to fast-forward through the studio scenes and just watch the bits that were filmed on location, sometimes with the sound off.
catsitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 23:13
Steve_Whelan
Forum Member

wire in the blood, 55 degrees north and Badger had a few scenes shot in my street, a few scenes in what ever happened to the likely lads were shot a couple of blocks from me.
Steve_Whelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 23:57
Fibromite59
Forum Member

They used to film Keeping Up Appearances round here and we saw the streets and a church round here lots of times. Not that I liked the show. The film Kinky Boots was filmed near here too.
Fibromite59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 00:00
batdude_uk1
Forum Member

StarGazing Live, was filmed at Jodrell Bank, which is only down the road from where I live, so it is always good to seem them there!
batdude_uk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 00:32
Mystic Dave
Inactive Member

Sweeney around Fulham (about ten years before I lived there) and I saw them film a scene from The Gentle Touch at a house close to my old uni, UCL. Jill Gascoigne was supposed to come out of the front door and get into a car, which was to pull away at high speed. As it started to move,a car came slowly along the road and there was a screech of brakes - and a director, who "just couldn't cope anymore". They filmed Middlemarch when i lived in Stamford - I watched one scene by a local chuch, which had large stone gateposts - when they had gone, i went over and realised that both Douglas Hodge and the delicious Trevyn McDowell (what happened to her?) were rather shorter than they had appeared to be on TV. The town has also had various antiques shows round.
Mystic Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 00:33
lundavra
Forum Member

My workplace was used as the base for a big OB, we let them use the garage for the location catering (the tents were blowing away) so we got a free meal out of them (and were able to jump the queue because we had access behind the counter they set up!). Lost count of how many Rum Babas my colleague had.
lundavra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 00:36
leeruk
Forum Member

shameless did a fair bit of filming near where i live .
leeruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 00:39
miss buzzybee
Forum Member

One of the hospitals used in Green Wing was Northwick Park Hospital in Harrow where I was born.
miss buzzybee is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 00:48
Yorkshire.King
Forum Member

wire in the blood, 55 degrees north and Badger had a few scenes shot in my street, a few scenes in what ever happened to the likely lads were shot a couple of blocks from me.
Off topic, but what ever happened to 55 degrees north???

I enjoyed the first series, I wasn't in the country for the second....
Yorkshire.King is offline   Reply With Quote