Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Did they ever record any TV stows near where you live

Old 12-01-2013, 16:41
Cadiva
Forum Member

Yep, loads. Emmerdale Farm (as was) is filmed in and around my town, Heartbeat also filmed regularly here and used the old court house for the police station, A Touch of Frost, The Chase (about the vets practise not the quiz show), that police show with Steven Tomkinson that I can't remember the name of, some TV show based on a kids' book starring Robert Pattinson when he was about 19 and a few more.
Cadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 12-01-2013, 16:43
SULLA
Forum Member

Dalziel & Pascoe filmed a lot in Wolverhampton
SULLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 17:39
Scoundreldays
Forum Member

TOWIE
(loughton)
*sprints out of thread*

*peeks head in*
A Touch of Frost filmed in debden broadway for one episode too
In 2000 the hospital I was a patient at for a while had a mortuary right opposite the part of the building I was in & they used to film the Mortuary scenes for A touch of frost there.
Remember seeing David Jason when a few of us were outside having a ciggie one night & he waved at us.
Scoundreldays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 17:47
jamsteswa93
Forum Member

waterloo road at the moment. though i dont watch it

not a programme but the film sweet sixteen
The old Waterloo Road was just up the motorway from me.
jamsteswa93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 17:54
Burrercup
Forum Member

Game of Thrones is filmed nearby and I have lots of friends who are extras. Thought of it myself but you need to have long grey hair and look unwashed. Not a good look - especially on the bus home
Burrercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 18:26
cliffy91
Forum Member

I live in Rushden and a old show called Hunters Walk was filmed here
cliffy91 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 18:29
LazySusan
Forum Member

Well I live a mile or so away from Juniper Hill ( Fictionally called Lark Rise ) but needless to say it was filmed nowhere near here at all. Very odd.
LazySusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 19:37
Honestweegie
Forum Member

I was proudest of the fact that the legendary kids game show Fun House was produced by my local ITV franchise STV at their former studios in Cowcaddens Glasgow-which was about half an hour,s drive from where I live

Wheel Of Fortune and Win Lose Or Draw where Scottish productions too

The Paul Coia word quiz Catchword was a BBC Scotland production-though later co produced by an independent company and made at the former studios at Queen Margret Drive again not far from where I live and not too far from the studios of the rival ITV station

I,m gutted I could not sit in the Catchword audience as I was to young while it was on telly
Ahh ... those were the days when Scottish tv was good
Honestweegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 19:41
Steven Oliver
Forum Member

I was proudest of the fact that the legendary kids game show Fun House was produced by my local ITV franchise STV at their former studios in Cowcaddens Glasgow-which was about half an hour,s drive from where I live

Wheel Of Fortune and Win Lose Or Draw where Scottish productions too

The Paul Coia word quiz Catchword was a BBC Scotland production-though later co produced by an independent company and made at the former studios at Queen Margret Drive again not far from where I live and not too far from the studios of the rival ITV station

I,m gutted I could not sit in the Catchword audience as I was to young while it was on telly
In its early days, Win Lose Or Draw was made at the old STV Gateway studios in Edinburgh before transferring through to Cowcaddens.

When my sister lived in Glasgow city centre the end of her street was used for a scene in Taggart where a dead body fals out of a car. Her then boss was a member of Equity and played the dead body - he was paid quite handsomely for it, too!
Steven Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 19:42
Mark F
Forum Member

Eastenders is filmed in parts of Hertfordshire I believe?

Donm't know what the show was but an ITV drama was filmed in a house in St Albans....
Mark F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 19:54
bangorboyni
Forum Member

Several scenes of Game of Thrones filmed in forest about 3 miles from me, Managed to have a walk around the set on a down day - pretty cool!
bangorboyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 19:58
cotton tail
Forum Member

The Prisoner was filmed just down the road from me
cotton tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 20:33
Penfolds_place
Forum Member

The odd scene from new tricks has been filmed nearby me. I never saw them filming but recognised the locations when I watched.
Penfolds_place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 00:15
Alexis07
Forum Member

Scott and Bailey
Alexis07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 00:36
Brady12
Forum Member

Pie in the sky and Misomer murders had parts filmed where I come from, The Town was recently filmed in the next town over.

Where I live now is just up the road from Deal or No Deal studio and part of the Doctor Who xmas special was filmed a 5 minute walk away.
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 02:24
Gutted Girl
Forum Member

When I lived in Manchester part of the Cracker episode To Be Someone was filmed around the corner from where I lived. I must have walked past around the time they were filming it, as I wondered why my dentist had Asian film posters up in the window.

I now live in Yorkshire and part of South Riding was filmed around here.
Gutted Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 03:03
RingoJ739K
Forum Member

Comedy "Miranda" and CBBC comedy "Hotel Trubble" were recorded in an area that I don't live in but I'm not far away from it. In my free time, I usually go there to shop and sometimes do activities.
RingoJ739K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 10:50
Fibromite59
Forum Member

Back in the 80's, they filmed part of a Doctor Who episode with Tom Baker in the hospital where my Dad was working at the time.
Fibromite59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 10:54
fmradiotuner1
Forum Member

Only ones I can think of is Eastenders which was last year.
Also Don Jolly but you don't really see much as the cam is hiding behind a wall.
But we are on Anglia and Look East News some times to.
fmradiotuner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 11:43
gurney-slade
Forum Member

In the 60s and 70s, when the BBC owned Ealing Studios, it seemed that every outdoor location was filmed around here, from Z Cars to Monty Python and Dick Emery. It's still a favourite location and I reckon there's a film unit working in the borough at any given time. It's disconcerting to be watching something that's supposed to take place in Oxford (Morse, Lewis) or Bristol (Shoestring) and spot a house you pass every day.

The council is very accommodating and I think quite a few people are registered with agencies who find suitable locations for films, TV and commercials. My next door neighbour is one of these and we've had Harry Enfield, Chris O'Dowd, Sean Bean, Rafe Spall, Celia Imrie and several others wandering around. My claim to fame is that my bedroom window made a (very!) brief appearance in The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel!
gurney-slade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 11:58
Flashy Vic
Forum Member

Game of thrones filmed just up the road
Part of it (Crasters Keep) was shot half a mile up the hill from me too. They were back here a few months ago filming for series three around the old lead mines.
Flashy Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 14:32
snoweyowl
Forum Member

Nothing has been filmed around my way since 'The Titfield Thunderbolt" in 1952. It was damn good though.
snoweyowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 14:44
suesuesue
Forum Member

Only ones I can think of is Eastenders which was last year.
Also Don Jolly but you don't really see much as the cam is hiding behind a wall.
But we are on Anglia and Look East News some times to.
EE have been there a few times. The beach/pier has often been used for music videos. The pier is used in films eg Kinky Boots. Jaywick doubled as Southend in Starter for Ten. Luke Pasqualino ex Skins was in Clacton last year filming a horror movie (Love Bite?) Realise these are films not tv so probably dont count on this thread!
suesuesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 16:15
fayebeatle
Forum Member

Doctor who episode 'Blink' was partly filmed in my husbands shop in Newport South Wales, whovians often think this episode is the best 'new' Who. Bit of a bonus too, I got to meet David Tennant and Carey Mulligan!
fayebeatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 17:30
unclekevo
Forum Member

Game Of Thrones was filmed reasonably close to where I live
unclekevo is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote