Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

Old 12-01-2013, 21:38
BigDave888
Forum Member

Don't know whether anyone made a thread for this amazing game. What did everyone think of it?
BigDave888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 12-01-2013, 22:21
ukool
Forum Member

Im over half way through, i cant get in to the story the same way i did the other games. Im enjoying it, just not as much for some reason.
ukool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 11:37
LightningIguana
Forum Member

Haven't even started it. It was free, so I can't complain, but I remember how frustrated the maths puzzles made me in the only other one I've owned. I have this problem with maths, so it makes me feel massively thick
LightningIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 16:21
grimtales1
Forum Member

I havent started it either, do I lose out on playing this first before Spectre's Call (PL4)?
MM was free, so I cant complain i guess
grimtales1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 19:25
BigDave888
Forum Member

I havent started it either, do I lose out on playing this first before Spectre's Call (PL4)?
MM was free, so I cant complain i guess
Well, some parts of the main plot lines through the second trilogy would make more sense if you play the fourth one but overall the mystery is completely different and still as amazing!!
BigDave888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 02:18
WellHiddenMark
Forum Member

I'm enjoying it so far - just started on Chapter 2. It's taken me a while to get my head round how absurd some of the puzzles are though.

As LightningIguana pointed out, it was free for me too.
WellHiddenMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 21:20
EastEnders-1105
Forum Member

Annoyed as its only avalible on 3ds when i have a DSi hope nintendo have plans to release it on normal DS or a friend is willing to lend me thier 3ds and Prof Layton for a week (probably not LOL)
EastEnders-1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 16:22
unclekevo
Forum Member

Annoyed as its only avalible on 3ds when i have a DSi hope nintendo have plans to release it on normal DS or a friend is willing to lend me thier 3ds and Prof Layton for a week (probably not LOL)
They won't release it on DS, why would they go through all the expenses of producing a DS version when DS games are more or less rounding up.
unclekevo is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 19:40
PerpetualAscent
Inactive Member

You're not one of the idiots who gave it a 1- star review on Amazon are you?
PerpetualAscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 00:12
barracuda91
Forum Member

Like some of you I downloaded this game for free and I'm totally loving it. This is my first Professor Layton game. I had heard of it before but I've not been much of a handheld gamer but I've been playing Miracle Mask for hours.

Some of the puzzles are so challenging! I feel really stupid in some of them when I eventually get the answer and it ended up being much simpler than it appeared. They are really fun though! The story is really good as well. I love me a good mystery so this is right up my street. On Chapter 3 at the moment, not sure who I think is behind it all but it's very intriguing.

Once I've finished I'll definitely have to look into getting the other ones as well.
barracuda91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:43
MD1500
Forum Member

This won't happen. Even without the 3D effect, the 3DS is far more powerful than a DS - it's capable of running games that the DS just could not.
MD1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 16:12
ukool
Forum Member

Im finally on the last chapter, been dipping in and out of the game. Unlike the others which i was hooked on. Still enjoying it though.
ukool is offline   Reply With Quote