Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Dead Space 3

Old 15-01-2013, 18:22
kendoguk
Forum Member

Well this game comes out in a month or so and I've just got my code for the demo today and I have to say after loving the first 2 this one still seems to be on good form,

The weapon crafting seems like it could be a good new feature and some of the new enemies look good aswell it also has that kind of Aliens vibe which I like too

anyone else looking forward to this?
kendoguk is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 15-01-2013, 20:21
Eraserhead
Forum Member

Absolutely loved 1 & 2. Terrifying, leap-out-of-your-chair stuff and big games too - lots of missions.

Really looking forward to no.3
Eraserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 20:36
Ladyxxmacbeth
Forum Member

I am only going to buy it if my friend buys it because they scared me ... Really sad I know
Ladyxxmacbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 22:58
dannyb2k9
Forum Member

the demo is actually really good. i was kinda worried about the co-op even know it is optional but even in co-op the jumpy moments are still there. really looking forward to the game now
dannyb2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 23:07
MsLurker
Forum Member

I am only going to buy it if my friend buys it because they scared me ... Really sad I know
Same here
MsLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 23:31
Conroy
Forum Member

I will be getting this (it's my fave non SCE new IP this gen), just not sure if I want to pay 44.99 for the limited edition.

I got the DS2 limited edition but that came with Extraction (which was pretty good) and was priced the same as the standard edition. This one is more expensive and only comes with a weapon and a suit.

I remember when DS launched EA gave all PS3 owners a free Obsidian Suit during launch week (360 owners got a differently named sit) which had 20 item slots.

I also want to know if EA are going to continue Lexine's story in DS3 or DLC similar to DS2: Severed.
Conroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 00:14
biggebruv
Forum Member

Demo was good cannot wait to get stuck into the real thing

Music sounds more epic in this one too i reckon this one is going to be very cinematic in parts

Dunno about the soliders as enemies now though at least aliens were killing them aswell with me lol
biggebruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 14:27
Danger Close
Forum Member

Will get it at launch just a bit concerned with the co-op part. 1 & 2 were good because it was Isaac vs Necromorphs in a fight for survival with a great atmosphere (especially when playing with the lights off at 2am). Now you have a partner (even if, aparently the AI is good) and fighting humans too. I don't want it becoming a sci-fi Army of Two.
Danger Close is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 15:19
TOONARMY12
Forum Member

Demo was good cannot wait to get stuck into the real thing

Music sounds more epic in this one too i reckon this one is going to be very cinematic in parts

Dunno about the soliders as enemies now though at least aliens were killing them aswell with me lol
So do you only fight soldiers now?. Or soldiers and aliens . If just humans that would be shit.
TOONARMY12 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 15:34
XxBlaKOuTZxX
Forum Member

It's on my must have list
XxBlaKOuTZxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 15:37
Danger Close
Forum Member

So do you only fight soldiers now?. Or soldiers and aliens . If just humans that would be shit.
No, necros are still around.
My guess is there'll be a marker in a top secret base on this planet.
(I'm staying away from spoilers. Just know that you crash land on some frozen planet and you'll get a partner to take on the world)
Danger Close is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 18:47
kendoguk
Forum Member

Ill put a spoiler in just in case,
Spoiler

But yea necros are back and tbr humans are the unitologists sent to kill you cause ur brain has the secrets.

Think that covers it.
Old 09-02-2013, 21:15
kendoguk
Forum Member

Well having played it for a few hours unlike it alot still
Old 10-02-2013, 00:10
TheVoid
Forum Member

I do like this, but the whole weapon crafting thing is weird...

I found a circuit, in yet I can't use it in any of the slots yet? Just began Chapter 4 and I have no blueprints and can't craft anything or upgrade anything...???
TheVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:11
seanf
Forum Member

I do like this, but the whole weapon crafting thing is weird...

I found a circuit, in yet I can't use it in any of the slots yet? Just began Chapter 4 and I have no blueprints and can't craft anything or upgrade anything...???

It was chapter 4 i made my first assault rifle. You can get some goodies on the optional mission if you can work out how to open the door, Im on chapter 5 and have made a few nice weapons, just made a bolt firing mini gun in the lower slot and a shot gun in the upper slot.
seanf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:33
kendoguk
Forum Member

Yea chapter 4 is pretty much where u get going
Old 10-02-2013, 09:57
TheVoid
Forum Member

It was chapter 4 i made my first assault rifle. You can get some goodies on the optional mission if you can work out how to open the door, Im on chapter 5 and have made a few nice weapons, just made a bolt firing mini gun in the lower slot and a shot gun in the upper slot.
Really?! I haven't even got an upper or lower slot? Maybe I've messed up?...
Old 10-02-2013, 10:27
kendoguk
Forum Member

You should find your first weapon parts on chapter 3
Old 10-02-2013, 10:41
TheVoid
Forum Member

You should find your first weapon parts on chapter 3
To make what?
Old 10-02-2013, 13:18
XxBlaKOuTZxX
Forum Member

I tried the demo and liked it and got the game on Fri. I still haven't finished 1 or 2 though. I need to stop buying so many new games and finish the games I do have but never seem to find the time.
XxBlaKOuTZxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 16:21
TheVoid
Forum Member

So any advice on the crafting element please?
Old 10-02-2013, 18:45
Conroy
Forum Member

So any advice on the crafting element please?
Save your materials for upgrading your rig and crafting a couple of Tungsten Torque Bars (this advice might change in later chapters).

I'm playing on Impossible difficulty and it is harder than Dead Space 2 on Zealot difficulty due to universal ammo (I have come fairly choose to running out a few times in Chapter 6) and only 2 weapon slots, compared to 4 in DS1 & 2.

The only "help" I've had so far is the Planet Cracker Plasma Cutter which was unlocked due my DS2 save file.

I'm prepared to leave weapon crafting for a subsequent playthrough as it will take at least 4 to get the Platinum.
Conroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 20:07
TheVoid
Forum Member

I presume you have to craft more powerful weapons though for more strong enemies as the game proceeds?

I'm on Chapter 4 as we speak, and by the looks of it I still only have 2 weapon slots and can't seem to use the 'circuit' I collected?
Old 10-02-2013, 21:14
kendoguk
Forum Member

Benches turn up in chapter 4 I believe and you only every have two weapon slots I have the limited edition so have several powerful weapons to begin with
Old 10-02-2013, 21:31
seanf
Forum Member

I presume you have to craft more powerful weapons though for more strong enemies as the game proceeds?

I'm on Chapter 4 as we speak, and by the looks of it I still only have 2 weapon slots and can't seem to use the 'circuit' I collected?
What circuit is it? If its the rate of fire type one then iy goes in the up grade slot
seanf is offline   Reply With Quote