Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Anybody Else Bored Of James Arthur Impossible Yet?

Old 17-01-2013, 00:06
Musick1
Forum Member

Its only about a month old or so but WOW its ageing badly.
Am I the only person who is bored of the song already.
It may be a top selling song but for me its already sounding tired.

Anyone else bored of it by now?
Musick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 17-01-2013, 00:10
Kuda_Kunaka
Forum Member

hated his version from day 1
Kuda_Kunaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 00:43
Eurostar
Forum Member

#9 in the UK for the original version is about it's correct level.

As an X Factor winner's song, it was a very poor one.
Eurostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 00:54
Dave0893
Forum Member

I actually haven't heard it since the final.
Dave0893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 01:35
fireemblemcraze
Forum Member

I find it funny people can even say this when the single's broken records, he's broken records and he's the most credible artist to come out of the X Factor. Also the radios wouldn't play it so much if they got bored of it that easily.

He's done so well, so give it up. Unfortunately for you, he's here to stay.
fireemblemcraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 02:10
Dave0893
Forum Member

I find it funny people can even say this when the single's broken records, he's broken records and he's the most credible artist to come out of the X Factor. Also the radios wouldn't play it so much if they got bored of it that easily.

I actually like James, but don't count your chickens just yet,many people have said so and so is here to stay only to be proven wrong.

If his music is weak when he comes back then he will be gone. We never actually got to see what his own music was like, it may not connect to the public the way the covers did.
Dave0893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 04:10
Dreammaster695
Forum Member

no, go listen to chris maloney
Dreammaster695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 05:37
Gill P
Forum Member

As I didn't watch X-F this year, I haven't heard the whole song! I tried, I really tried, but couldn't cope with it!
Gill P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 09:28
konofilius
Forum Member

hated his version from day 1
I cant stand the song since he performed it during XF Finale. Never could even finish the whole song - too much pain to endure
konofilius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 09:38
_elly001
Forum Member

What makes him more credible than any other XF winner?
_elly001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 11:06
Marguerite
Forum Member

I wish I could say the same,Whenever possible, I switch it off, unfortunately, it isn't always possible.
Marguerite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 11:26
Pingu222
Forum Member

Funny how many people said that about Matt. "He's so credible" "He's sold over a million of his single"

His debut album didn't top the charts and although it sold reasonably well, his second hasn't sold that great. I see James going the same way. Matt for all his faults seems like a much nicer guy than James too.
Pingu222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 11:32
String9
Forum Member

Its only about a month old or so but WOW its ageing badly.
Am I the only person who is bored of the song already.
It may be a top selling song but for me its already sounding tired.

Anyone else bored of it by now?
Probably best not to listen to it continuously, and try other songs.
String9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 12:53
unicorns

No. I love the song. I haven't gotten tired of it yet. I listen to it every day!

Then again.. they don't play it on the radio here, so it's easier to not get sick of it.. lol
unicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 14:33
Lizzy11268
Forum Member

Nope I still like it. I tend to like the songs I like forever.
Lizzy11268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 16:25
pingu58011
Forum Member

I`ve hated it since I first heard it on the radio, and it is always on!!
pingu58011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 16:25
davem1234
Forum Member

Not heard it or watch the video
davem1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 16:28
Downtonaddict
Forum Member

It's alright (still), and I suppose if I had the choice of hearing Impossible all over the radio or Jahmene's song, I'd choose James' quite easily. But one thing I do wonder about James is whether or not the way he turns songs into his own an will limit how much longevity he can possibly have.I'm not sure how long it will take for people to become bored of how James sings in general, though if the material is decent I think it should be ok.
Downtonaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 16:33
unicorns

It's alright (still), and I suppose if I had the choice of hearing Impossible all over the radio or Jahmene's song, I'd choose James' quite easily. But one thing I do wonder about James is whether or not the way he turns songs into his own an will limit how much longevity he can possibly have.I'm not sure how long it will take for people to become bored of how James sings in general, though if the material is decent I think it should be ok.
Jahmene is a gospel singer. He has an incredible voice, true. But I get easily bored of guys like him. Besides.. I don't think he has much of a personality.

James have longevity exactly because he makes songs into his own. He also writes his own songs. He is unique. He's not like all the other artists out there, which is what makes him interesting imo.
unicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 19:03
Michelle32
Forum Member

I think the problem is that the song is performed and sounds like it could be appropriate for a funeral. It's very dirgelike.
Michelle32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 19:05
Andybear
Forum Member

Jahmene is a gospel singer. He has an incredible voice, true. But I get easily bored of guys like him. Besides.. I don't think he has much of a personality.

James have longevity exactly because he makes songs into his own. He also writes his own songs. He is unique. He's not like all the other artists out there, which is what makes him interesting imo.
Bib - You haven't said what you think of James' (lack of) personality .......
Andybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 19:07
Andybear
Forum Member

I've stopped listening to the radio as it's played every time I switch it on. You can get too much of a bad thing.
Andybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 19:14
OMGItsAnnie
Forum Member

I didn't like it in the first place, no one and i mean NO ONE can outdo the original. James Arthur is trash. Shontelle's version is full of emotion, which is why I like it.
OMGItsAnnie is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 19:25
soulmusic
Forum Member

Just responding to 'the most credible artist' tag, sorry I don't see this. I like James and wish him all the best, and indeed voted for him, but most of the winners have been 'credible'. I know Leona & Alex was gigging for years before XF and Leona recorded as well, and of course Matt was certainly doing his own thing before XF, so it is not a case of who is the more credible. I really wish all who has entered the XF all the very best and good luck to them but in my eyes, no one is more credible than another.
soulmusic is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 19:30
Michelle32
Forum Member

Just responding to 'the most credible artist' tag, sorry I don't see this. I like James and wish him all the best, and indeed voted for him, but most of the winners have been 'credible'. I know Leona & Alex was gigging for years before XF and Leona recorded as well, and of course Matt was certainly doing his own thing before XF, so it is not a case of who is the more credible. I really wish all who has entered the XF all the very best and good luck to them but in my eyes, no one is more credible than another.
I think more the problem is how do you define 'credible'. I am sure if you asked a number of people what they mean by 'credible' they would come up up with a number of different versions of a definition. I feel it's a bit of a throwaway term when you cant think of anything to say that someone is better than someone else.
Michelle32 is offline   Reply With Quote