Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Am i the only one who thinks Jersey Shore is better than Geordie Shore

Old 20-02-2013, 22:02
steveh31
Forum Member

GOLD is finally showing Allo Allo from the beginning not just the last few series.

Monday 25 Feb at 7pm
steveh31 is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 20-02-2013, 22:16
Gulftastic
Forum Member

Ah, when it was actually any good. Maria's departure marked the real end of the really good eps.
Gulftastic is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 22:18
steveh31
Forum Member

Hans going was where it went wrong Sam Kelly said he made a mistake leaving.
Old 20-02-2013, 23:44
GibsonGirl
Forum Member

Hans going was where it went wrong Sam Kelly said he made a mistake leaving.
Richard Gibson also admitted that he made a mistake leaving, but he didn't know the season that followed his departure would be the last one. I did feel sorry for David Janson as he took a lot of flak for replacing Richard. There is even a comment on Facebook calling him a c**t. I do wish that people would direct their criticisms towards the makers of the show. They were the ones that foolishly replaced Richard with an actor that looked NOTHING like him! Granted, Flick was supposed to have had plastic surgery, but the colour of his eyes had changed (I don't think they had contact lenses in the 40's), and had grown in height. They should have had Flick leave and brought in a new Gestapo officer.

Click here to see pictures of Richard and me.

Click here to visit my Daily Motion channel devoted to Richard. You will find all of his scenes from 'Allo 'Allo! on it.
GibsonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 08:12
SallyArmy
Forum Member

This is a comedy ive only ever dipped in and out of over the years. I might give it a go from the beginning and see how it goes!
SallyArmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 16:16
steveh31
Forum Member

Richard Gibson also admitted that he made a mistake leaving, but he didn't know the season that followed his departure would be the last one. I did feel sorry for David Janson as he took a lot of flak for replacing Richard. There is even a comment on Facebook calling him a c**t. I do wish that people would direct their criticisms towards the makers of the show. They were the ones that foolishly replaced Richard with an actor that looked NOTHING like him! Granted, Flick was supposed to have had plastic surgery, but the colour of his eyes had changed (I don't think they had contact lenses in the 40's), and had grown in height. They should have had Flick leave and brought in a new Gestapo officer.

Click here to see pictures of Richard and me.

Click here to visit my Daily Motion channel devoted to Richard. You will find all of his scenes from 'Allo 'Allo! on it.
To be fair surely Richard must have realised it was coming to it's natural end it had been on 9 years and was lucky Gordon survived the accident or may have finished a lot earlier.

I always hate the people who say it went on longer than the war it didn't each episode followed on so technically it lasted 85 days.
Old 21-02-2013, 16:29
Trouble Maker
Forum Member

GOLD is finally showing Allo Allo from the beginning not just the last few series.

Monday 25 Feb at 7pm
Does anyone know if it is repeated later in the night or the next day 7pm or 8pm on +1 does not suit me.
Trouble Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 16:32
steveh31
Forum Member

Only being shown once a day 7pm-7.45pm and 7.45pm-8.25pm looks like it is on everyday.
Old 21-02-2013, 16:47
*Fluffy*
Forum Member

OMFG! You are so lucky! I had such a crush on him when I was a little girl. I think it was the Jack Boots

Have you ever tried this?

I visit that page regularly. I love a good, stern, authoritative ticking off
*Fluffy* is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 18:55
GibsonGirl
Forum Member

To be fair surely Richard must have realised it was coming to it's natural end it had been on 9 years and was lucky Gordon survived the accident or may have finished a lot earlier.

I always hate the people who say it went on longer than the war it didn't each episode followed on so technically it lasted 85 days.
Television can be very unpredictable. Look at Babylon 5. Everybody was convinced it was going to end after four seasons. A series finale was made, so that it could wrap-up the show, but was left open enough just in case it was green lit for a fifth season. It ended up going for another year.

With 'Allo 'Allo!, I believe there was talk of it ending a couple of years before it did end. The cast really didn't know when the plug was actually going to be pulled. Richard left to do other things (presumably on stage) and I think his eldest son might have been born not long after he departed. I know that he is devoted to his sons, so he might have also wanted to concentrate on his family.
Old 21-02-2013, 19:15
GibsonGirl
Forum Member

OMFG! You are so lucky! I had such a crush on him when I was a little girl. I think it was the Jack Boots

Have you ever tried this?

I visit that page regularly. I love a good, stern, authoritative ticking off
I know I was lucky. Extremely lucky in fact. He was a lovely person to meet. He treated me like a friend and he was the one that arranged to meet me, not once, but thrice!

I have tried Ask Flick and it's always a turn on for me too. I've visited it so often that I think I've managed to download all his responses. I've got the intro, responses, and a blooper all edited into one video. I haven't uploaded it anywhere (out of respect to the fan club), but I will send it to you if you want it.

You should join the official fan club. You will get a certificate (in the form of a PDF) and a couple of ringtones that Kim Hartman and Richard recorded for the club. So, joining is highly recommended.
Old 21-02-2013, 19:32
owl61uk
Forum Member

I bought the boxset on DVD a few tears ago and the early seasons are much much funnier. It got all too silly near the end with every episode consisting of OK lets disguise ourselves as.............
owl61uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 19:34
gerry d
Forum Member

Does anyone know if it is repeated later in the night or the next day 7pm or 8pm on +1 does not suit me.
The 2 episodes that they show at night are repeated the following day from 1pm
gerry d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 19:52
nick202
Forum Member

I always wonder if its demise was accelerated by doing 26 episodes for one of the series in an attempt to market it to American channels
nick202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 19:59
Westy2
Forum Member

I always wonder if its demise was accelerated by doing 26 episodes for one of the series in an attempt to market it to American channels
The 26 ep season was shot completely on VT wasnt it then went back to film exteriors for future series.

Why didnt they keep it completly on VT from this point?
Westy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 21:35
SallyArmy
Forum Member

The 2 episodes that they show at night are repeated the following day from 1pm
That's a better time for Sky+. Thanx.
SallyArmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 00:42
Pizzatheaction
Forum Member

I always remember Flick in his stockings and suspenders.
Pizzatheaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 07:46
soapfan_1973
Forum Member

Love this show and it is one of the few I can happily watch many times over without it getting tired like some shows of the same period. It is great that GOLD are running it in order as it is one of the few shows that needed to be seen like this due to the continuing references to previous episodes.

I have every episode and do occasionally drop in on them now and then if there is nothing that takes my fancy on television
soapfan_1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 08:21
tjbantam
Forum Member

My favorite scene has to be when the Resistance are trying to blow up Von Klinkerhoffen and the germans are trying to poison him, and Sam Kelly got a great line (said at speed) about the candle with the handle in the gateau from the chateau and the pill in the till and drug in the jug!

Great comedy!
tjbantam is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 08:22
quirkyquirk
Forum Member

I always remember Flick in his stockings and suspenders.
I much prefer thinking about Yvette in her stockings and suspenders.
quirkyquirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 15:29
owl61uk
Forum Member

My favorite scene has to be when the Resistance are trying to blow up Von Klinkerhoffen and the germans are trying to poison him, and Sam Kelly got a great line (said at speed) about the candle with the handle in the gateau from the chateau and the pill in the till and drug in the jug!

Great comedy!

Totally agree this is one of the best lines in 'allo 'allo
owl61uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 18:58
Pizzatheaction
Forum Member

I much prefer thinking about Yvette in her stockings and suspenders.
With the flying helmet and the wet celery?
Old 22-02-2013, 19:15
stud u like
Forum Member

With the flying helmet and the wet celery?
Not forgetting the egg whisk.
stud u like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 19:18
Pizzatheaction
Forum Member

Not forgetting the egg whisk.
Of course! Mustn't forget that.
Old 25-02-2013, 20:11
steveh31
Forum Member

Michelle has a totally different accent in the first one.