Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Galaxy Note II - GT-N7100

Old 17-01-2013, 18:10
onelegpeg
Forum Member

Can anybody tell me how to transfer music from my pc to my phone? Have just got the phone and I love it but can't work it out,

Someone told me I need to use Kies but that is not on the phone. I can't find any info online.

I've tried drag and drop into the Music folder and the Ringtone folder but neither work.

Help greatfully appreciated.

Thank you
onelegpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 17-01-2013, 18:15
Hugh_
Inactive Member

You can download Kies from THIS LINK
Hope that helps
Hugh_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 18:31
John_Patrick
Forum Member

If you have unlimited data, (or only listen to your music within a wifi area) you could use Google Play music. It syncs all your own music and you can then play it on your phone through the 'cloud'
John_Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 18:40
Gormond
Forum Member

If you have unlimited data, (or only listen to your music within a wifi area) you could use Google Play music. It syncs all your own music and you can then play it on your phone through the 'cloud'
Even if you don't, you can pre download any songs you want whenever you are connected to Wi-Fi.
Gormond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 19:06
Anika Hanson
Forum Member

Kies is a pile of poo. Maybe you will have more luck with it than I have. You can simply copy and paste your music files onto your phone, using windows explorer when your phone is contracted to the computer via USB.
Anika Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 02:24
benjammin316
Forum Member

[LIST][*]Plug in phone to PC/Laptop with USB cable[*]Wait for dialogue box to open on screen[*]Open folder[*]Add music to music folder[*]Disconnect phone[*]Done[*][/LIST]
benjammin316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 05:53
frida_adams
Forum Member

To get started, follow on below:

Connect your Galaxy Note to a computer using a MicroUSB to USB data cable, which should be provided with the phone. The phone should be recognized once you plug it in.

Once it's connected, go to notifications and select "USB Mass Storage." The computer will then recognize the handset as an external hard drive.

Use your computerís interface to move files between your device and your computer, just like a normal, external drive.

Once you're finished, go to the notifications on the phone and press "Turn Off USB Storage."

Disconnect the device and you're done!
frida_adams is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 06:40
onelegpeg
Forum Member

[LIST][*]Plug in phone to PC/Laptop with USB cable[*]Wait for dialogue box to open on screen[*]Open folder[*]Add music to music folder[*]Disconnect phone[*]Done[*][/LIST]
Tried that. Couldn't drag and drop into the music folder.
Old 18-01-2013, 06:41
onelegpeg
Forum Member

Connect your Galaxy Note to a computer using a MicroUSB to USB data cable, which should be provided with the phone. The phone should be recognized once you plug it in.

Once it's connected, go to notifications and select "USB Mass Storage." The computer will then recognize the handset as an external hard drive.

Use your computerís interface to move files between your device and your computer, just like a normal, external drive.

Once you're finished, go to the notifications on the phone and press "Turn Off USB Storage."

Will try this. Thanks
Old 18-01-2013, 06:59
Lidtop2013
Forum Member

That's what the guy above you said
Lidtop2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 12:55
PencilBreath
Forum Member

That's what the guy above you said
Ah but he put spaces between the lines lol

KIES is much better now since they updated it. It's still slow as hell to start but it does work now (for me at least).
PencilBreath is offline   Reply With Quote