Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nexus 7 & Skype

Old 18-01-2013, 22:58
Dombo
Forum Member

anyone else have sound problems using Skype on the nexus 7? Every call i make is plagued with hissing and interference and i can't hear the caller and they can't hear me.
i tried using another video calling app and still same thing.. anyone any ideas?
Dombo is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 19-01-2013, 20:03
Jay-Cee
Forum Member

I used skype few weeks ago on my nexus 7 in a 3 way conversation, worked well, they could hear me and i could hear them CLEARLY. At 1st i tried google talk but when the camera is on, i could not hear them but they could hear me. cam and mic worked in a 2 way conversation though. i just plugged in my standard headphones, using sky internet. Have not tried again since then.
Jay-Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 12:23
Gooby
Forum Member

We gave a Nexus 7 to the olds in New Zealand for Christmas and have been skyping no problem since we arrived back in the UK. We did have problems whilst we were there though. We tried to test (and teach them how to use) skype by me using my Nexus to skype them on their on the same wifi network. That did not work - we could not get any sound.
Not sure if it is related to your problem but you could add it to what other people say to narrow down the issue.
Gooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 23:31
Dombo
Forum Member

thanks guys.. I'll try it with headphones next call..
Dombo is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote