Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Little Boots

Old 19-01-2013, 10:56
charter
Forum Member

Anyone know what's happened to the very talented Victoria Hesketh.
charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 19-01-2013, 11:40
Pumpkin Soup
Forum Member

She posted a blog update the other day saying her 2nd album is now mixed & mastered and she's taking a few weeks off before starting the campaign. We should hear something in February as it's pointed towards a March/April release
Pumpkin Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 12:59
Sex
Forum Member

Only heard that she was doing some gigs in America lover song songs: remedy, new in town and meddle
Sex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 13:36
DominicMarc
Forum Member

Oh my, what even happened to Little Boots? She was big with Remedy and then just disappeared? Was she a one hit wonder? (Not suggesting she is, just simply a question )
DominicMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 13:48
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

She posted a blog update the other day saying her 2nd album is now mixed & mastered and she's taking a few weeks off before starting the campaign. We should hear something in February as it's pointed towards a March/April release
Finally! I wonder if the three singles she released recently (Shake, Every Night I Say A Prayer and Headphones) will be on the album.
cnbcwatcher is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 14:41
Kanzi
Forum Member

Little Boots produced a solid pop album.

But only 'Symmetry' was really any good.
Kanzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 17:12
little-monster
Forum Member

I liked her and her debut was great and so underrated. But the year she came out, she really suffered in being in La Roux's shadow.
little-monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 17:26
misslibertine
Forum Member

Yes, I also think she suffered from being compared to La Roux, Ellie Goulding, Florence, etc. at a time when a lot of strong female/female-fronted acts were coming out and becoming popular. Perhaps she'll have better luck with her comeback.
misslibertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 21:04
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

Another new song has appeared online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6mTp8N5ccTg

It's called Superstitious Hearts and it's brilliant
cnbcwatcher is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 21:27
degsyhufc
Forum Member

Love Little Boots and i'm not really a fan of pop/electronic music.

Favourites are Hearts Collide, Ghosts, Remedy and Hands. Four extremely different songs on the same album.
degsyhufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 22:34
Multimedia81
Forum Member

Another new song has appeared online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6mTp8N5ccTg

It's called Superstitious Hearts and it's brilliant
I shall give it a listen over the next few days ie tomorrow or Tuesday! I did read about it in DS news earlier.
Multimedia81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 12:09
DRAGON LANCE
Forum Member

I hope she does come back with something worth while. She just seems to have had a major loss of confidence after that 1st beautiful electro pop album. Like others have said she just seems to have got intimidated by the competition out there retreated within herself and never came back.

I saw a video interview with her a few months back and she just looked so nervous, kept re-asserting their would be a follow up album but then would keep putting herself down. Something that struck me was when she started saying something along the lines of "its hard to compete today...some artists bring out 2 albums a year now..." I almost thought she was going to brake down in tears and add "I can't do that waaaahh!!!"

But you don't need to dear! One album at a time is good enough! I think she needs to stop looking at what others do and just concentrate on doing it for herself and make something that means something to herself. If it sells it sells, if it doesn't it doesn't but at least she would have made something she herself considers to be good. And you can't do much more than that.

And by the sound of things that track Superstitious Heart is the right way to go about it. Go on Victoria!
DRAGON LANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 12:13
Hit Em Up Style
Inactive Member

It should have been her year in 2009 but La Roux and Lady Gaga completely overshadowed her.

The sad thing is as well. Little Boots was the only of them them doing real electronica. La Roux and LG did pop and passed it off as electro when it never was. So Little Boots still led her field despite not getting the credit for it.
Hit Em Up Style is offline   Reply With Quote