Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Beyonce's Superbowl Performance - Will Be Amazing!!!!

Old 20-01-2013, 15:46
Master Ozzy
Forum Member

I'm just so excited for this. Just her performing normally is always fantastic, and when she performs at award shows she's incredible, so god knows what this will be like! She's really going to set the bar high. Can't wait to see her dancing and singing live.
Master Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 20-01-2013, 16:32
__3kerry
Forum Member

Ahh I can't wait!

Her Brit performance should be another fantastic performance to look out for, although I don't think that her performance there will be like the Superbowl. Not long now though until either.
__3kerry is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 16:46
MikePJB
Forum Member

I know, she knows how big this will be so she's not gonna hold back.

I'm really looking forward to this. I want a big production, on point dancing and with her amazing vocals nothing can go wrong .
MikePJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 16:50
AdzPower
Forum Member

Can't wait to see what songs she does!
I predict at least Crazy in Love and Single Ladies.
AdzPower is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 16:53
__3kerry
Forum Member

I think a Destinys Child medley too.
Old 20-01-2013, 16:54
Rooftopcowboy
Forum Member

I reckon those 2 songs, a new song and a Destiny's Child medley (with Kelly and Michelle)
Rooftopcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 19:03
Master Ozzy
Forum Member

I think it's been confirmed that she's doing Single Ladies. I think it's pretty obvious they'll be something involving Kelly and Michelle too, most likely a DC medley, however I don't believe they'll do their new song Nuclear. I think people are overreacting with that a bit...I think it's just to promote the Love Songs album...I doubt they'll even make a video for it. If she doesn't do Crazy In Love I'll die of shock. Plus her new single. So I reckon:

Crazy In Love (with Jay-Z)
New Song
Destiny's Child Medley
Single Ladies

Looking at that though, I'm sure she can fit in something else...
Old 20-01-2013, 19:19
Just Vogue
Inactive Member

I'm really hoping that we get to see a bit of stripped back Beyonce. Of course she'll showcase her immense vocal talent regardless of what she performs, but I think that an understated start to the performance with her belting out the opening verses of Listen would be epic. It could work well at the end also. Or as a break in the middle. Okay, it doesn't strictly matter when she goes all stripped back as long as it actually happens. :P

I really hope we're in for a new album over the next few months. I know we're getting a new single but I haven't seen any talk of an album? Her albums get progressively better so I really can't wait!

What I'd like to see in the performance...
Crazy in Love (Of course Jay Z is going to be there!) & Single Ladies are a given, even though they aren't her best imo!
Listen/Halo (Can't believe nobody has mentioned Halo yet! )
Irreplaceable
New song
DC feature, although I doubt Beyonce will let them stay on stage for long lol!

I really wouldn't put it past Beyonce to get Blue Ivy on stage either! !
Just Vogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 19:28
PopularCulture
Forum Member

For having had so many "US number ones" she doesn't have very many well known hits. Off the of top of my head ''Crazy In Love'' and ''Single Ladies'' are the only two obvious picks.
PopularCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 19:32
MikePJB
Forum Member

I was thinking of Halo but I can't see it going in there. I doubt she'll sing any slow songs because don't they normally do up beat songs at these sort of shows?
MikePJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 19:32
__3kerry
Forum Member

I'm really hoping that we get to see a bit of stripped back Beyonce. Of course she'll showcase her immense vocal talent regardless of what she performs, but I think that an understated start to the performance with her belting out the opening verses of Listen would be epic. It could work well at the end also. Or as a break in the middle. Okay, it doesn't strictly matter when she goes all stripped back as long as it actually happens. :P

I really hope we're in for a new album over the next few months. I know we're getting a new single but I haven't seen any talk of an album? Her albums get progressively better so I really can't wait!

What I'd like to see in the performance...
Crazy in Love (Of course Jay Z is going to be there!) & Single Ladies are a given, even though they aren't her best imo!
Listen/Halo (Can't believe nobody has mentioned Halo yet! )
Irreplaceable
New song
DC feature, although I doubt Beyonce will let them stay on stage for long lol!

I really wouldn't put it past Beyonce to get Blue Ivy on stage either! !
I don't know why, but I think that Halo could be the final song. Possibly because it was the last song from the I Am... setlist
Old 20-01-2013, 21:25
Ice Breaker
Forum Member

For having had so many "US number ones" she doesn't have very many well known hits. Off the of top of my head ''Crazy In Love'' and ''Single Ladies'' are the only two obvious picks.
She doesn't have many #1s.
Ice Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 21:49
Blah123
Forum Member

Get me Bodied and Love on Top please.
Blah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 23:40
Josh Pinder
Forum Member

If Beyonce kinda utilises Madonnas setlist as a "blueprint" I reckon it will be...

high energy opener - Single Ladies
high energy second song - Crazy In Love with Jay Z
Destinys Child Medley
segment of New Song
&
Halo finale...

It is a 12 minute show there and thereabouts...Madonna overran by a minute but so much was involved with that show.stage etc so with that i see a potential for that ^^ as a setlist that will work really...personally id love it to be mainly 4 songs as its her best album yet i feel material wise but we will see...but i feel out of her catalogue CIL and SL and Halo are a given for US mainstream audiences to choose from as they are her biggest over there arent they.
Josh Pinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 23:49
Master Ozzy
Forum Member

She did an incredible performance of If I Were A Boy at an awards show in 2010...part of me would like her to perform that, but not sure it would fit.
Old 20-01-2013, 23:51
Josh Pinder
Forum Member

She did an incredible performance of If I Were A Boy at an awards show in 2010...part of me would like her to perform that, but not sure it would fit.
You know saying that...she could open with a ballad and use Crazy In Love as a finale....and If I Were A Boy with her dressed on a version of the football gear would actually make an impressive entrance! A bit of gender bending perhaps...would be pretty cool to see.
Josh Pinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 01:16
Zone_Out
Forum Member

although it`s likely she will include SL i hope she doesn`t imo it`s one of the most over rated pieces of crap ever.

i hope she does Sweet Dreams tbh prob my fave Beyonce song
Zone_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 01:19
acker

Will she do Silver Machine ? cos she didnt do it at Glastonbury.
acker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 02:08
WhyHelloWorld
Inactive Member

I would love 'I Was Here' to be performed!
WhyHelloWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 06:08
acker

deleted
acker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 08:53
Mrfenty
Forum Member

Can't we just have a full Beyonce stadium show instead of the Super Bowl??
Mrfenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 17:33
Master Ozzy
Forum Member

Will she do Silver Machine ? cos she didnt do it at Glastonbury.
Sorry but what is Silver Machine?
Old 21-01-2013, 19:25
Just Vogue
Inactive Member

Yeah the more I think about it the more I'm sure that Halo will be in there. I really think she'll use it as the very final song. It would be an absolute tragedy if it isn't included imo!

Is it possible that both Crazy In Love and Single Ladies won't make the cut? They are very similar dance songs. Perhaps they'lll opt for a mash-up instead. Like Madonna did with Open Your Heart we might only get a few lines of these songs each.

Also questioning as to whether Irreplaceable might have found its way onto the set list.

I was thinking of Halo but I can't see it going in there. I doubt she'll sing any slow songs because don't they normally do up beat songs at these sort of shows?
Yeah it's mostly upbeat, but there is definitely a place for a slower song. That's why I think that they might use Halo, it has a very positive and uplifting message yet is relatively slow.

You know saying that...she could open with a ballad and use Crazy In Love as a finale....and If I Were A Boy with her dressed on a version of the football gear would actually make an impressive entrance! A bit of gender bending perhaps...would be pretty cool to see.
I doubt Crazy In Love will be at the end. It's not really the kind of song I can picture her ending on. I'm not sure why though. It seems much more like an energetic start up song.

although it`s likely she will include SL i hope she doesn`t imo it`s one of the most over rated pieces of crap ever.
I hate Single Ladies too, but it will of course be included. Sad though as she has such an amazing back catalog but you can already tell that 3-4 minutes of the performance will be filled by this!

Love love love I Was Here, although it's not really known well by most so doubt it will be included Although the message would certainly fit in with that of the performance. It's all about Beyonce and her contribution to the industry and the world so there might be a chance.
Just Vogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 13:19
walterwhite
Forum Member

Can't we just have a full Beyonce stadium show instead of the Super Bowl??
Cancel one of the biggest sporting events in the world to have a singer on? No thanks.
walterwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 13:41
Mrfenty
Forum Member

Cancel one of the biggest sporting events in the world to have a singer on? No thanks.
North America is hardly worldwide and I think most people on this thread are only interested in the Super Bowl because of Bey!

Anyway rant over lol I agree about leaving out Single Ladies its so over rated id much prefer another uptempo like get me bodied but she has to open with crazy in love!!!
Mrfenty is offline   Reply With Quote