Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Celebrities who are vile in real life?

Old 07-02-2013, 10:12
essexpete
Forum Member

of Onedin Line,although I've only actually seen him in one of the Carry Ons
essexpete is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:36
Saltydog1955
Inactive Member

of Onedin Line,although I've only actually seen him in one of the Carry Ons
I loved the Onedin Line. They don't make 'em like that any more.

RIP Peter.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-rad.../peter-gilmore
Saltydog1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:53
darnall42
Forum Member

he was great in the doctor who story - frontios ,one of peter davisons best stories in my opinion
darnall42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:59
Andy2
Forum Member

Oh wow. I liked the first series of The Onedin Line, especially early on when he was setting himself up etc. Later series seemed to go off a bit.
RIP Peter.
Andy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 16:18
BritFlicks1
Forum Member

I'm quite young and haven't really watched The Onedin Line but I know him from the Carry On films.

RIP.
BritFlicks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 20:02
AntoniaA
Forum Member

Thought you meant some relation to Dave Gilmour, so no idea who it is though I can google. Used to watch Onedin Line yonks ago.
AntoniaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 16:15
shadforth
Forum Member

I'm sad we've lost Peter. I was too young to remember the early Onedin Line series,but did watch and enjoy the later few.
I've been watching the whole series again and got series 7 for Christmas. Peter Gilmore shone as the canny,workaholic ship owner/sea dog. RIP.Sail away,Peter.
shadforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 21:13
Deviant Moxie
Forum Member

RIP Peter, loved him in the carry on films, quite a handsome bloke in his younger days.
Deviant Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 21:26
DonnaVanessa
Forum Member

RIP Peter
DonnaVanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 21:32
ricardoylucia
Forum Member

Loved The Onedin Line...he was a fine actor..sadly missed..
ricardoylucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 21:32
Mr Dangerous
Inactive Member

I do recall he did one Dr who Episode - Frontios which was a great episode that he appeared in.
Mr Dangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 22:28
halloweenbabe
Forum Member

Sorry to hear this....

RIP Peter

May the wind always be at your back...
halloweenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 23:37
Bungitin
Forum Member

He had a bit of an acting range, lecher in the carry on films and rogue in the Onedin line.
Bungitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 15:11
tiggerpooh
Forum Member

he was great in the doctor who story - frontios ,one of peter davisons best stories in my opinion
Yes, and Caves of Androzani was great too! My favourite of all the Fifth Doctor stories. Directed by the great Graeme Harper of CIN Time Crash fame in 2007. The SE DVD is better thst the 2002 one. Love the regeneration scene. "Have to go now. Might regenerate. I don't know." Good line that the Dr said. Brought a tear to my eye.

The documentary presented by David Tennant about Peter Davison's tenure was brilliant! It was featured on the Caves of Androzani SE DVD in 2010. You can see it here if you want to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WvLoyRUjg8 This clip lasts for just over 56 minutes. It starts with Tom Baker going and finishes with Colin Baker's arrival. There's talk about John Nathan Turner and Eric Saward too, plus I think Anthony Ainley is mentioned as well. Janet Fielding, Sarah Sutton, Matthew Waterhouse, Mark Strickson and Nicola Bryant get a mention as they were with Peter's Doctor.

Watched the 55 minute documentary on Colin Baker's tenure on YouTube, a couple of days ago. Very interesting. It was featured on one of the Trial of a Timelord DVDs back in 2008. Here that is, if you want to see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUF5EAw63zk

R.I.P. Peter Gilmore. So sad you've gone. Never watched Onedin Line. Didn't seem to interest me. May do now on DVD though. Does anyone know if it is on DVD?
tiggerpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:03
essexpete
Forum Member

Yes, and Caves of Androzani was great too! My favourite of all the Fifth Doctor stories. Directed by the great Graeme Harper of CIN Time Crash fame in 2007. The SE DVD is better thst the 2002 one. Love the regeneration scene. "Have to go now. Might regenerate. I don't know." Good line that the Dr said. Brought a tear to my eye.

The documentary presented by David Tennant about Peter Davison's tenure was brilliant! It was featured on the Caves of Androzani SE DVD in 2010. You can see it here if you want to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WvLoyRUjg8 This clip lasts for just over 56 minutes. It starts with Tom Baker going and finishes with Colin Baker's arrival. There's talk about John Nathan Turner and Eric Saward too, plus I think Anthony Ainley is mentioned as well. Janet Fielding, Sarah Sutton, Matthew Waterhouse, Mark Strickson and Nicola Bryant get a mention as they were with Peter's Doctor.

Watched the 55 minute documentary on Colin Baker's tenure on YouTube, a couple of days ago. Very interesting. It was featured on one of the Trial of a Timelord DVDs back in 2008. Here that is, if you want to see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUF5EAw63zk

R.I.P. Peter Gilmore. So sad you've gone. Never watched Onedin Line. Didn't seem to interest me. May do now on DVD though. Does anyone know if it is on DVD?
here you go http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...ds=onedin+line
essexpete is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote