Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Samsung Kies.

Old 23-01-2013, 19:58
howardl
Forum Member

Why doesn't my galaxy ace connect to Kies?
howardl is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 23-01-2013, 20:17
PencilBreath
Forum Member

that is s good question. how are you trying to connect & is it the very latest version of kies?
PencilBreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 20:41
howardl
Forum Member

Using the usb-mini usb That come with the phone,
downloaded it yesterday.
howardl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 20:47
ASIFZED
Forum Member

Kies is extremely flakey. You'll probably connect in the end, but it may take a few tries. If you continually fail to connect, a usual solution is to uninstall Kies and then download it again.

Good luck.
ASIFZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 20:52
MGS4SnakeRulez
Forum Member

Kies is extremely flakey. You'll probably connect in the end, but it may take a few tries. If you continually fail to connect, a usual solution is to uninstall Kies and then download it again.

Good luck.
That's exactly what I had to do when I had an Ace 2.
MGS4SnakeRulez is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 23:37
tosha43
Forum Member

because it is shit
tosha43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 00:21
jabbamk1
Forum Member

It is one of the worlds many unsolved mysteries as to why kies is so shit. I mean its made by one of the greatest companies in the world yet its one of the worst pieces of software in the world.
jabbamk1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 01:04
call100
Forum Member

It is one of the worlds many unsolved mysteries as to why kies is so shit. I mean its made by one of the greatest companies in the world yet its one of the worst pieces of software in the world.
Perhaps the mystery is, why it works so well for some people but not for others.....I can't fault it, the latest version is fast and connects almost instantly when the phones plugged into the laptop....
call100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 01:15
The Lord Lucan
Forum Member

It's a mystery to me that two great companies one who is solely customer focused and the other that is feature focused produce pieces of software (Kies & iTunes) that is so fundamentally crap and hard to get working that you'd doubt they even had anything to do with it.

Although the latest versions of both seem to be a hell of a lot better
The Lord Lucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 11:30
PencilBreath
Forum Member

Well I can only add that I had the exact same issue with my s3. Samsung made an update & it did work a lot, lot better.

It is still a very "iffy" bit of s/w however.
PencilBreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 11:36
scooby1970
Forum Member

Perhaps the mystery is, why it works so well for some people but not for others.....I can't fault it, the latest version is fast and connects almost instantly when the phones plugged into the laptop....
Same here, I can't fault it. It's fast to connect and does what it says on the tin very efficiently.

Mark
scooby1970 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 11:42
jabbamk1
Forum Member

To be honest i haven't used any of the latest versions so i don't know if it's any better than before but from what you're saying that looks promising.

At least it's not as bad as the old Nokia Ovi Suite if anyone remembers that!
jabbamk1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 12:40
The Lord Lucan
Forum Member

At least it's not as bad as the old Nokia Ovi Suite if anyone remembers that!
Oh christ.. i remember that.. it was like a blind school boy coded that disaster.
The Lord Lucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 19:24
whoever,hey
Forum Member

It's a mystery to me that two great companies one who is solely customer focused and the other that is feature focused produce pieces of software (Kies & iTunes) that is so fundamentally crap and hard to get working that you'd doubt they even had anything to do with it.

Although the latest versions of both seem to be a hell of a lot better
I agree with the first bit at least.

I've only ever used the latest Kies, so dont know what it was like before, but i've used the latest iTunes and its even worse than before!
whoever,hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 18:02
battlezone
Forum Member

After months of trying I have at last managed to make a backup of my S2. Albeit not a complete backup.

I backed up each item individually but it failed on the call logs item. Not the end of the world though.I then tried a backup of everything but the call logs and it completed successfully.
battlezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 18:30
DevonBloke
Forum Member

Hahaha, I love posts like that. It's like saying Why does my washing machine stop before the final spin?

I'm only rigging mate, it's Friday and the JD is out and had a hard day. Your post made me chuckle. In a good way you understand.

Kies is a bas***d. period!
Only two days ago I spent 2 hours at a customer's place trying to achieve the simple task of transfering her contacts from one Samsung phone to another. Nearly lost the will to live.
I like Lucan, can't fathom how a multi Billion Dollar company can't write good software. Here's a case in point, EE.
EE are spending 1.5 million quid per day, yet the EE mobile app (while it works) is the most clunky and slow piece of crap ever written. Why?
Some of the slickest and polished apps are by much smaller fish. Did some management monkey walk onto the CS floor and shout "Right, who here can code apps?". Some person put thier hand up and said they'd done a bit of iOS/Android coding and so they got the job?
Surely they could've gone to a decent developer, handed them a hundred grand and said we want the best app ever.
Just don't get it.
DevonBloke is offline   Reply With Quote