Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The Lion King/The Lion King 2

Old 23-01-2013, 22:12
tracystapes
Inactive Member

Slightly random but I love these films!

I know sequels usually get a bashing but TLK2 ('simba's pride') was a fitting sequel. Also, how amazing was the "villain" of the second film, Zira. Loved her!

I have seen the stage show and am planning to see it again. The music is amazing.
tracystapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 23-01-2013, 22:36
LandslideBrad
Forum Member

Deleted.
LandslideBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 10:33
tracystapes
Inactive Member

Oh dear LOL
Old 24-01-2013, 10:39
dreamycreamy
Forum Member

Yeah, they are great. Its still nowhere near as good as the original (just because of Mufasa and the songs) but the sequel is still good for a Disney film (have you seen the Little Mermaid and Cinderella sequels). I also really like the Aladdin sequels too.

I think Lion King and Aladdin are my fav Disney movies.
dreamycreamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 11:15
tracystapes
Inactive Member

Yeah, they are great. Its still nowhere near as good as the original (just because of Mufasa and the songs) but the sequel is still good for a Disney film (have you seen the Little Mermaid and Cinderella sequels). I also really like the Aladdin sequels too.

I think Lion King and Aladdin are my fav Disney movies.
I've seen 'Return To Sea' but not the third TLM movie (that's a prequel isn't it?) I really liked TLM2 actually. I thought it was quite strong for a follow-up. I wasn't so keen on the CInderella sequels, though I do have them on DVD.
Old 24-01-2013, 11:25
dreamycreamy
Forum Member

I've seen 'Return To Sea' but not the third TLM movie (that's a prequel isn't it?) I really liked TLM2 actually. I thought it was quite strong for a follow-up. I wasn't so keen on the CInderella sequels, though I do have them on DVD.
The 3rd one is with his dad and the golden hand on the floating turtle isn't it? Gosh, that sounds really bad haha but I do like it.
Old 24-01-2013, 11:27
tracystapes
Inactive Member

The 3rd one is with his dad and the golden hand on the floating turtle isn't it? Gosh, that sounds really bad haha but I do like it.
I think so yes! I've not seen it (though I saw some trailer clips on YouTube). I think in 2014 'TLM' is being re-released which usually means so is the sequels. So i'll buy the boxset if they make one available like I did with the Cinderella one.
Old 24-01-2013, 11:57
dreamycreamy
Forum Member

I think so yes! I've not seen it (though I saw some trailer clips on YouTube). I think in 2014 'TLM' is being re-released which usually means so is the sequels. So i'll buy the boxset if they make one available like I did with the Cinderella one.
Oh, you should give it a go I kind of found it sad at the end, won't spoil it for you though.

Re-release? Like cinema?
Old 24-01-2013, 12:29
iamme
Forum Member

I also love the third one they did about Timon and Pumba thought it was very imaginative.
iamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 13:19
fmradiotuner1
Forum Member

Really like both number 1 and simba's pride was good to.
Found the 3rd the worst but still I got them all on Blu Ray as it was 14 but they have gone right up now.
fmradiotuner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 13:36
Big Boy Barry
Forum Member

The sequel isn't bad, but TLK didn't really need one.
Big Boy Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 15:07
tracystapes
Inactive Member

Oh, you should give it a go I kind of found it sad at the end, won't spoil it for you though.

Re-release? Like cinema?
No I meant like the DVD's getting re-released (TLM is now out of print). For some reason, every 5-10 years Disney release yet another DVD of the same movie. There's been about four so far for Beauty and the beast!
Old 24-01-2013, 20:48
firegoddess666
Forum Member

I love the Lion King, always has and always will be my favourite Disney movie.
I'm just sad there isn't much merchandise for it especially for adults. I was extrememly happy to get a large simba mug for christmas because i have been looking for one for ages. Bring out more adult lion king stuff disney! haha
firegoddess666 is offline   Reply With Quote