Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

xbox360 game demos

Old 24-01-2013, 07:56
XxBlaKOuTZxX
Forum Member

Let other xbox360 owners know which new demos are available to download and try and what you think of the demos you've tried. Give them a score out of 10.

I downloaded "Dead Space 3" last night and had a quick play and thought it was excellent. It made me jump a few times
I can't wait to get the full game and be scared shitless again lol

10/10
XxBlaKOuTZxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-01-2013, 08:25
stu0rt
Forum Member

I downloaded The Cave (full game, but a demo is available). Definitely 10/10. Absolutely amazing modern approach to the old "monkey island" type of game.
stu0rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 17:59
2Dshmuplover
Forum Member

Nice idea for a thread! Well the most recent ones I played:

Dead Space 3 (7/10) Just could not get into this series but this game has turned into a full on shooter? I liked the weapon customisation and hated the jumpy moments.

Metal Gear Rising: (9/10) Not quite as impressive as Bayonetta but it's real close. The combat isn't really combo based so it doesn't flow the same but it's still very impressive and I'm gonna be buying it for sure.

Carrier Command (3/10) I dunno about this one, what were the devs thinking! Great idea but poorly executed. Not exactly the sequel the original 16-bit classic deserves.

NFS Most Wanted (7/10) Based on the demo it's not as good as the original MW. It's like Burnout Paradise only with licensed cars and a halved framerate.

DMC (8/10) Really nice graphics and the combat is on point. I prefer new Dante to old Dante. Will be buying.

Still not tried F1 Race Stars as you recommended.
2Dshmuplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 18:06
XxBlaKOuTZxX
Forum Member

I was the same with Dead Space m8. I couldn't get into it at first but stuck with it and it frightened the life out of me at times lol. I used to play it in a darkened room with full surround sound on and jumped out of my skin at times, well most of the time lol brilliant games tbh m8 and def worth a go

f1 race stars is ok m8. It's a blatant rip off of mario kart but fun all the same
Old 24-01-2013, 18:46
bob2005
Forum Member

Is the cave a point and click game used to love the old monkey island and broken sword games.
bob2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 15:42
XxBlaKOuTZxX
Forum Member

Is the cave a point and click game used to love the old monkey island and broken sword games.
I wouldn't call it a point and click but it's an excellent game and one i'd recommend. Give the trial and go and see what you think before shelling out 1200ms points
Old 28-01-2013, 09:00
CSI-uk
Forum Member

Dead Space 3 demo - impressed with the exterior graphics!! The monsters that leapt out from under the snow were kinda predictable (always where the item crates were) so after the first time I sort of knew where it would happen again.

Haven't played the demo right through, not a day one purchase for me and seeing as I ain't played the first 2, it might be better for me to play those cheaper options first?

EDIT - going to try Cave today, sounds interesting and very good by the comments above
CSI-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 09:06
XxBlaKOuTZxX
Forum Member

Dead Space 3 demo - impressed with the exterior graphics!! The monsters that leapt out from under the snow were kinda predictable (always where the item crates were) so after the first time I sort of knew where it would happen again.

Haven't played the demo right through, not a day one purchase for me and seeing as I ain't played the first 2, it might be better for me to play those cheaper options first?
The first 2 are well worth getting
Old 28-01-2013, 10:03
Flawed-Tactics
Forum Member

I really struggled with dead space 2, from my experience with that game you need to think fast, react fast and be a good aim to do well in Dead Space games. I'm not saying that's a bad thing or the game was at fault, its just I got to a certain point in Dead Space 2 and got stuck, low on ammo and nowhere to go and that's where I left it. I would loved to have finished the game but I guess I used to much ammo because I'm a crap aim
Flawed-Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 13:29
XxBlaKOuTZxX
Forum Member

I still haven't finished Dead Space 1 or 2 (ran out of ammo and kept getting killed so gave up). I'm looking for someone to team up with on DS3 (but be warned, I ain't that good at shooting games but i'll do my best) lol. I just wasn't fast enough at shooting the limbs off lol
Old 14-02-2013, 00:30
Ladyxxmacbeth
Forum Member

Dead space 3 I did not like at all...maybe creepy survival games don't scare me anymore.

Played that cabelas hunted game...that wa fun fr 4 seconds but not something I'd buy
Ladyxxmacbeth is offline   Reply With Quote