Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Its time to bombard the BBC with emails, letters and write to MP's etc

Old 27-01-2013, 10:42
welwynrose
Forum Member

Well, obviously! Elvis is a bit crusty these days.

Stop looking at winning Eurovision as black-or-white, "us" versus "them". Far too many Brits come off as bitter when not winning, despite the fact that there are varying degrees to how well everyone does each year. Please recognise that losing by coming 25th is not the same as losing by coming 2nd. If the UK hypothetically finishes 4th, for example, that doesn't mean we lose and everybody hates us; it means that we did well, but it just so happens that three others were better than us on the night.

The same goes for several other countries who struggle in the rankings year after year, just like we do. Sometimes they end up in the top ten, sometimes they end dead last, at some point they will eventually win. Out of a field of 40 contestants, it's becoming harder to win overall, meaning a top ten position is nothing to be sniffed at. The UK is not the only country taking part, we are one of many taking part, as is every other country, and only one of those countries in the many is destined to finish on top. Everyone else has the potential to end up anywhere between second and last.

Please understand this, get some perspective and come back with a far less stupid contribution.
It's just my opinion but I see you're of the school that we're winners even if we don't finish first I'm sorry but in real life there is only one winner and that's the person that finishes first - it's a competition you don't see the person finishing 4th in the Olympics getting a gold medal
welwynrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-02-2013, 14:28
bitchboyblue
Forum Member

Vickers is too divisive for me. Yes she has a lot of rabid fans, but a heluva lot more people found her extremely irritatitng. She did do one song i thought was great, i think it was called 'your wicked heart' - it didnt do amazingly well in the charts though iirc.

No way would Paloma do it - would she? It would be good exposure for her though,

I have an awful feeling its going to be one of those bands from that 'big reunion show' - 5ive or b*witched.
bitchboyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 14:36
phill363
Forum Member

Vickers is too divisive for me. Yes she has a lot of rabid fans, but a heluva lot more people found her extremely irritatitng. She did do one song i thought was great, i think it was called 'your wicked heart' - it didnt do amazingly well in the charts though iirc.

No way would Paloma do it - would she? It would be good exposure for her though,

I have an awful feeling its going to be one of those bands from that 'big reunion show' - 5ive or b*witched.
Libert X would be my only choice from the reunion show but they are having an arena tour now cos its been quite popular so I think that Rules them all out.
phill363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 14:50
penguinperson
Forum Member

Scott's doing a live webchat thing soon if people are sad enough I bet they will bombard him then.
penguinperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 15:19
Crash25
Forum Member

This might just be a coincidence but Diana has been tweeting that she has been attending secret meetings all this month and today she has posted a picture saying she is at a mystery 'shoot'. It could be Eurovision related.

I've read on here that Diana was chosen last year to represent the UK but was deselected at the last minute for unknown reasons. Is there any truth in this? If so, the BBC may have asked her again this year.
Crash25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 15:48
penguinperson
Forum Member

This might just be a coincidence but Diana has been tweeting that she has been attending secret meetings all this month and today she has posted a picture saying she is at a mystery 'shoot'. It could be Eurovision related.

I've read on here that Diana was chosen last year to represent the UK but was deselected at the last minute for unknown reasons. Is there any truth in this? If so, the BBC may have asked her again this year.
That was supposedly Pixie Lott. Diana once tweeted if you get ESC trending I will do it. It never got trending and we heard nothing else. I've seen the secret tweets of meetings and photoshoots. Yet a lot of acts do say that.
penguinperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 18:21
WeeblesWobble
Forum Member

Every time Scott or Graham tweet I reply asking about it.
WeeblesWobble is offline   Reply With Quote