Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Information TV is joining Freeview

Old 25-01-2013, 19:21
bananaman_007
Forum Member

Confirmed on the Information TV website, not seen it posted here yet. No idea what hours it is running or channel number.
bananaman_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 25-01-2013, 19:33
R410
Inactive Member

That is good news, for us at least, we like watching the Caravan Channel on there. Hopefully it will be a ordinary Freeview channel and not one that requires a Freeview HD box.

Edit: After looking on the website a bit further, it could be talking about 'Russia Today' which is a Information TV owned channel which is on Freeview currently.
R410 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 20:47
bananaman_007
Forum Member

It was also posted by tv_live on twitter
Old 25-01-2013, 21:40
freetoview33
Forum Member

Information TV is already on Freeview as it operates Russia Today (RT) it is Information TVs' slot
freetoview33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 09:59
omnidirectional
Forum Member

There could be some truth in this. Apparently, it was mentioned in the latest "Cornwall Channel" programme that Information TV would launch on Freeview within the next three months.
omnidirectional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 11:27
chrisy
Forum Member

There could be some truth in this. Apparently, it was mentioned in the latest "Cornwall Channel" programme that Information TV would launch on Freeview within the next three months.
Cornwall Channel have said that they are launching on Freeview within three months, and on satellite they are part of Information TV, so looks likely.

Perhaps somebody can email the Caravan Channel or some of the other small channels that are part of Information TV, and see if they say the same thing?
chrisy is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 13:12
Sexbomb
Forum Member

What the hell is information tv?
Sexbomb is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 13:19
omnidirectional
Forum Member

A broadcaster which sells airtime to smaller channels/organisations like the Cornwall Channel, Caravan Channel, UK Boating and many others. They also manage the UK side of Russia Today.
Old 27-01-2013, 17:29
easter unny
Forum Member

It would be great if it were on air in the evenings .

Racing Post Greyhound TV is a must on Thurs-Sat.
easter unny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 23:23
bananaman_007
Forum Member

They also show some videogaming shows and have the rights to some paranormal stuff.

The channel is launching on freeview, wonder if they are going to take some of Russia Today`s hours
Old 28-01-2013, 10:12
Fairyprincess0
Forum Member

They also show some videogaming shows and have the rights to some paranormal stuff.

The channel is launching on freeview, wonder if they are going to take some of Russia Today`s hours
As much as info tv Intrests me, I don't want RT touching. To invaluable a channel IMHO.
Fairyprincess0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 13:23
bananaman_007
Forum Member

That was just me speculating, not sure where the space would come from. Then again space frequently just appears from somewhere on Freeview
Old 28-01-2013, 14:44
soulboy77
Forum Member

It was also posted by tv_live on twitter
This just links to the website but I don't see any announcement?
soulboy77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 14:56
R410
Inactive Member

I have Information TV for clarification. I will post the reply when/if I get one.
R410 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 15:28
pmbond
Forum Member

It was tweeted by the cornwallchannel on the 24th.
pmbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 16:34
jj20x
Forum Member

...wonder if they are going to take some of Russia Today`s hours
Taking 24 of them would be nice!
jj20x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 19:18
TelevisionUser
Forum Member

I sincerely hope that Information TV take up the whole channel slot so that theRT espoo propaganda channel ends up with zero airtime because that channel is a complete disgrace. Anyway, here's what's on the Information TV schedule: http://information.tv/WhatIsOn/TheSchedule/
TelevisionUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 20:15
chrisy
Forum Member

I'd be very surprised if it did, RT is likely a cash cow for Information TV. There's spare non-Wales space on SDN which would be fairly cheap (remember that the small channels on Information TV will ultimately be paying for it!)
chrisy is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 20:32
Kodaz
Forum Member

theRT espoo propaganda channel
The only thing I can guess that "Espoo" means here is "spew"?

Matches for Espoo on the web say that it's a city in Finland...
Kodaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 21:12
omnidirectional
Forum Member

I sincerely hope that Information TV take up the whole channel slot so that theRT espoo (?!) propaganda channel ends up with zero airtime because that channel is a complete disgrace.
If Russia Today is so terrible it will face a fine or even lose its licence one day like Press TV. To date that has not happened. It's biased, no doubt about that, but Fox News is probably a more extreme example; their reporting of US politics needs to be seen to be believed.
Old 29-01-2013, 03:22
jj20x
Forum Member

If Russia Today is so terrible it will face a fine or even lose its licence one day like Press TV. To date that has not happened. It's biased, no doubt about that, but Fox News is probably a more extreme example; their reporting of US politics needs to be seen to be believed.
It's not just that it is biased, it gives undue prominence to the views of conspiracy theorists. It can come across as quite ridiculous at times.
Old 30-01-2013, 20:42
viewer btv
Forum Member

It's not just that it is biased, it gives undue prominence to the views of conspiracy theorists. It can come across as quite ridiculous at times.
I hope they do not touch RT channel slot but go after Al Jazzera one instead at least RT is a European channel that was is not complete waste of space .I studied Russia and Central and East Europe on my first degree and enjoy watching this channel sometimes despite it not being a real news channel like Sky News which is also not a real news channel as well.
viewer btv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 20:47
freetoview33
Forum Member

I think they should call them Information channels not News (Even if some tell you C**p Information!)
freetoview33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 21:33
Fairyprincess0
Forum Member

Well then if serves a section of society who isn't represented anywhere else on freeview. That's important even if it's not you cup of tea.
Fairyprincess0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 23:37
jj20x
Forum Member

Well then if serves a section of society who isn't represented anywhere else on freeview. That's important even if it's not you cup of tea.
As I have said before, the channel seemed to spent an awful lot of time in December discussing the US Government working with extra-terrestrials.

Fair enough if that's what The Kremlin feels we should be viewing instead of real news. But it is instead of real news.

It's not my cup of tea, neither is it important, it is simply ridiculous.