Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

First serious problem. HDR-1000S.

Old 26-01-2013, 17:53
bampsam
Forum Member

Have been happy with my purchase of the HDR-1000S up until today. For some unknown reason the box keeps going into starting mode every ten minutes or so! This is both on live and recording modes. This makes the box totally unwatchable. Any ideas,before I get in touch with Humax on Monday.
bampsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-01-2013, 19:44
grahamlthompson
Forum Member

Have been happy with my purchase of the HDR-1000S up until today. For some unknown reason the box keeps going into starting mode every ten minutes or so! This is both on live and recording modes. This makes the box totally unwatchable. Any ideas,before I get in touch with Humax on Monday.
Can you get into the menus and try running the disk clean up routine ? Have you upgraded to the new beta firmware ?
grahamlthompson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 20:17
bampsam
Forum Member

Can you get into the menus and try running the disk clean up routine ? Have you upgraded to the new beta firmware ?
Have since performed a factory reset which appears to have resolved the problem. Just have to set favourites and planned recordings again.l have not upgraded to the new beta software.
bampsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 09:04
REPASSAC
Forum Member

Have since performed a factory reset which appears to have resolved the problem. Just have to set favourites and planned recordings again.l have not upgraded to the new beta software.
The new software fixes a recording problem - seems to do the job fine.
REPASSAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 17:42
SpidersWeb
Forum Member

My Wife had exactly the same problem yesterday afternoon. Our 1000s was only being used in live mode. The unit reset every 10 minutes or so for about 6 iterations and has performed perfectly ever since without doing a reset. I have not updated to the beta software.

I'll continue to monitor the situation and advise if the problem re-occurs. It is interesting that so far it only seems to be two people who have had this problem - Strange!!!
SpidersWeb is offline   Reply With Quote