Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Whats next for x-men?

Old 28-01-2013, 17:06
JayPee86
Inactive Member

Ok so I have seen the 3 x men films and I have just watched the origins prequel one.
Not seen the wolverine one though, how does that one relate to the other films ?

Does anyone know what film is coming next, is it one set it present day, or a continuation of the prequel ?
JayPee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 28-01-2013, 17:14
dmuk
Inactive Member

The next film is called Second Class. It will be released in 3-5 days.
dmuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 17:21
Rincewind78
Forum Member

The next film is called Second Class. It will be released in 3-5 days.
loved it!!

We have 2 xmen films on the way, The Wolverine a sequel to Wolverine, will be set after xmen3.
And a new film being made now, Xmen: Days of the future
Past - and will feature both casts of the older xmen films and the younger xmen First Class, and involve time travel or something.
Wolverine from 2008 is alright. It's about his past and how he got all that metal in him. Features the flashbacks from Xmen2 !!
Rincewind78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 17:40
NinjyBear
Forum Member

Far too many characters coming back for Days of Future Past.
NinjyBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 18:00
mialicious
Forum Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Days_of_Future_Past
mialicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 18:01
Broken_Arrow
Forum Member

Are the cast members from the orginal trilogy main characters in the new X-Men movie or are they just doing cameos? It's hard to imagine there would be enough time to fit everyone in and give them something worthwhile to do.
Broken_Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 18:51
dmuk
Inactive Member

Didn't Star Trek do something like this?
dmuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 18:54
Matt D
Forum Member

I love First Class, but I wish they'd made it either a prequel or a reboot, instead of a mish-mash of the two.
Matt D is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 20:51
snowiris
Forum Member

2 x men movies on the way?so excited. dont know if days of future past is a prequel or sequel might have to wait till i watch it too get it. cant wait
snowiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 20:52
snowiris
Forum Member

I love First Class, but I wish they'd made it either a prequel or a reboot, instead of a mish-mash of the two.
i thought it was a prequel? i might have to watch it again
snowiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 21:02
Bluray
Inactive Member

Er........First Class is a prequel, there's no mish-mash going on.
Bluray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 22:05
Rincewind78
Forum Member

Er........First Class is a prequel, there's no mish-mash going on.
some of the established continuity is thrown aside in favour of plot points in First Class - particularly Magneto and Xander having their fall out at the end of the movie and Xander becoming paralised also - doesn't match what we saw at the beginning of Xmen3 in the flashback sequence, for instance. And I can even think of Cerebro being mentioned in Xmen1 as being built by Xander and Magneto when they where pals - but in First Class - The Beast built it - well, a prototype version. Just to name a few points. Minor points as they are, they don't let the movies match up. There are loads of others as well.
Old 28-01-2013, 23:32
Matt D
Forum Member

Exactly. It contradicts the previously established continuity in many ways.

Xavier / Magneto, Hank (Beast), Cerebro, Moira...

Some have classed it as a prequel, others a reboot.

I think it's a reboot, but one that happens to be set before the previous films so also acts as a prequel.
Matt D is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 23:33
Big Boy Barry
Forum Member

DOFP should recast Emma Frost

January Jones was the pits. She thought she was still playing Betty Draper.
Big Boy Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 23:34
mialicious
Forum Member

some of the established continuity is thrown aside in favour of plot points in First Class - particularly Magneto and Xander having their fall out at the end of the movie and Xander becoming paralised also - doesn't match what we saw at the beginning of Xmen3 in the flashback sequence, for instance. And I can even think of Cerebro being mentioned in Xmen1 as being built by Xander and Magneto when they where pals - but in First Class - The Beast built it - well, a prototype version. Just to name a few points. Minor points as they are, they don't let the movies match up. There are loads of others as well.
xander??? he was in buffy the vamire slayer. its xavier.
mialicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 08:08
Rincewind78
Forum Member

xander??? he was in buffy the vamire slayer. its xavier.
haha!c so he is. my bad
Old 29-01-2013, 09:23
whedon247
Forum Member

Far too many characters coming back for Days of Future Past.
no way, im super excited for it.
whedon247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 11:29
caz06
Forum Member

well it doesnt have to be set in the same universe as the origional trilogy, you could have the actors playing the older/younger characts exactly the same, but in a different timeline where things were done differently x
caz06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 12:21
-GONZO-
Forum Member

well it doesnt have to be set in the same universe as the origional trilogy, you could have the actors playing the older/younger characts exactly the same, but in a different timeline where things were done differently x
And hopefully in that timeline or whatever they decide to do Rogue can actually fly.
-GONZO- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 13:01
SilverCrown
Forum Member

The fact that Rogue and Shadowcat from the previous movies are making an appearance, I'm even more excited.

My hope is that Gambit will be in one of the new movies some day.
SilverCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 13:31
darthbibble
Forum Member

Actually Bryan Singer has said he's treating all previous X-Men films as part of the same continuity
darthbibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 13:55
Rincewind78
Forum Member

Fan boys can always work around continuity errors
Okay- so we see Xavier shot and in a wheel chair at the end, but that doesn't mean he is permanently paralysed...
And we see Eric and Charles split ways at the end of First Class - maybe they become buddies again later down the line before having another major disagreement later on???!!! With theories like that - First Class and the earlier trilogy can interweave better.
Old 29-01-2013, 18:45
Muttley76
Forum Member

Much as I enjoyed First Class, I was really annoyed by the direction they took it in the final 20-30 minutes, totally threw away what would have been a cool concept to carry across a trilogy.

Consequently, I'm a little wary of the next film, though go in hoping the best of course....
Muttley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 19:03
Bluray
Inactive Member

Much as I enjoyed First Class, I was really annoyed by the direction they took it in the final 20-30 minutes, totally threw away what would have been a cool concept to carry across a trilogy.

Consequently, I'm a little wary of the next film, though go in hoping the best of course....
I'm confused by the "direction" you refer to. It had your standard action climax - I don't recall a change in direction.
Bluray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 19:08
Muttley76
Forum Member

I'm confused by the "direction" you refer to. It had your standard action climax - I don't recall a change in direction.
I mean in terms of the direction the plot took - i.e by the end of the film we all of a sudden have charles in a wheelchair and him and erik adversaries. It felt far to rushed and would have been far more interesting if the fragmentation of their friendship was something that had been played out over three films. Instead by the end of film one, besides them being young men, they are in pretty much the same place they are when we met them in the first x men film.
Muttley76 is offline   Reply With Quote