Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Lack of interest in gaming

Old 05-02-2013, 15:56
J-J
Forum Member

See, I don't really see the point of people selling their current gen consoles, keeping hold of their games and assuming that the next generation will be able to play them all.

If you're just selling the hardware, you will only really get around 100 for a PS3 or a 360. By the time these consoles come out, you will have had plenty of time to save up that 100 along with a good portion of thr remaining 200 the new systems are most likely to cost!

My advice is to keep a hold of your PS3s and 360s if you think you're still going to be playing their games in the future.
I think what a lot of people do is try and sell them early with games they no longer play like old FIFA's, Tiger Wood's, WWE games etc keep back their Halo's / call of Duty etc knowing that the value of their current gen machine will drop closer to the release of the new machine.

I am not playing my 360 at the moment but i still wont sell it as i am undecided about which machine i will get next or if i will buy as soon as they are released or wait for the 1st price drop as i have done in the past.
J-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 05-02-2013, 16:04
BlueShift
Forum Member

I find it quite draining to play games. I can play CoD until 4am and be absolutely wired, but turn off the console and I'm zonked, like falling off a cliff of exhaustion. The levels of concentration you can build up are almost drug like. I think everyone needs a rest every now and then. Go out and smell the roses.
BlueShift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:25
DSWNSM

I think there is a cure for lack of interest in gaming, just go back to an older console, it seems to work for me all the time. I recently completed Dynasty Warriors Gundam on the Xbox 360 and after that game i couldn't get in the mood to play another game, so i turned on my PS2 and played on that instead and everything is back to normal now
DSWNSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:06
Soupbowl
Inactive Member

Havent fired up my PS3 for three 6 weeks now. I got Skyrim waiting for me to get into, but with other things taking my time i cant plan to dedicate the time to it that i know it will require. If it carries on much longer i will cash in and wait it out for next gen consoles
Soupbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 13:02
gdjman68wasdigi
Forum Member

have purchased a Wavebird, memory card and about 8 Gamecube games and turned a redundant red Wii into possibly the finest console ever

gdjman68wasdigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 15:06
NorfolkBoy1
Forum Member

I've had four nights this week when the missus has been out, I could have had a nice little session, but The Lull has hit me too now., I just couldn't be bothered to pick up a controller and ended up watching stuff on Netflix every night.

This happens probably once every year-18months, but it soon irons itself out.
NorfolkBoy1 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 15:44
PunksNotDead
Forum Member

I have Far Cry 3 + Lego LOTR just sitting there, meant to be great games but i just can't be bothered to play either of them. Been watching a lot of American TV shows instead.
PunksNotDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 16:28
NorfolkBoy1
Forum Member

I have Far Cry 3 + Lego LOTR just sitting there, meant to be great games but i just can't be bothered to play either of them. Been watching a lot of American TV shows instead.
I'm about 2/3 through FC3, I just can't be arsed to pick it up though!

It is a great game, if that's any help to you.
NorfolkBoy1 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 20:48
MartinImber
Forum Member

I get this occasionally, will stick to my MP game only, no other games, that is my interest loss.
MartinImber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:47
Iggyman
Forum Member

Up until fairly recently I've been a bit "meh" about games, but have kind of 're-discovered' them thanks to assorted Let's Plays on YouTube. In fact, I thoroughly enjoy watching an entertaining player having a go at a game that he (or she) has never played before - there are some people out there who are a real hoot with their in-game commentaries and who often add to the experience.

An extra bonus is that I often 'discover' games this way (that I may not have previously had an interest in), and have bought a few on the back of watching a Let's Play.
Iggyman is offline   Reply With Quote