Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The promised albums that never surfaced

Old 30-01-2013, 01:53
blueface2222
Forum Member

Diana vickers 2nd album

Laura White who is the worst, she had 6 amazing songs doing the rounds on youtube if she had put out on a EP could have been huge for her

Ruth Lorenzo now doing singing sessions......

Danyl Johnson...

Stacey Solomon

Leon Jackson

Lloyd Daniels (EP does not count)

Lucie Jones

Jamie Afro

Kitty Brnell

Darius Danesh been saying it for years

Rachel Hylton

Austin Drage

Paijie Richardson

I struggle to feel sorry for these people. They lead on their fans alot who look forward to these releases and nothig surfaces my gut feel is they say this to save face but are secretly looking for a label but fail to get it. When the consider the costs of releasing independently which is relatively inexpensive to do these days i think they start thinking of saving the money and do the wrong thing. I mean Laura White has so many amazing songs in her catalogue but makes a music video with one of her worst Cathederal. Now they're all irrelevant they are stupid for not cashing in when they could. after the x factor contract expires of course.

To be fair those who have have havent done great but i have more respect for them as the fulfilled their promise to their voters.....Katie Waissel, Storm Lee, Niki Evans, Daniel Evans, Frankie Cocoza, Rachel Adedeji, 2 Shoes *claps*
blueface2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 30-01-2013, 02:48
Bjkaave
Forum Member

At least all these people aren't winners (or are winners with just one album).
Melanie Amaro won over a year ago and is still yet to release an album, I'm not sure what her label had in mind there...
Bjkaave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 03:06
iseloid
Forum Member

At least all these people aren't winners (or are winners with just one album).
Melanie Amaro won over a year ago and is still yet to release an album, I'm not sure what her label had in mind there...
This. I feel for her. But she should've had ideas, it's a business.
iseloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 13:29
Bjkaave
Forum Member

This. I feel for her. But she should've had ideas, it's a business.
Yeah, Melanie has also stated in interviews that her long delay has been a "perfection thing". I'm not sure if she really believes that the label had her best interests at headt or if she is just towing the party line but this long delay is in no way a good thing.

In regards to the OP, I know that Ruth Lorenzo did have a major label record deal with EMI/Virgin at one stage but apparently left them due to creative differences, which I think was a mistake on her part if true. She has been saying that her album will be released independently for years now, with the scheduled time constantly being moved back to the end if whatever given year it is. Eg. Last year it was supposed to be released in late 2012, now it is mid to late 2013 and blah blah blah ....
Old 30-01-2013, 13:58
Andybear
Forum Member

Darius Danesh has released 2 albums which he wrote himself!

He is an extremely well-respected singer-songwriter, actor and star of West End and Broadway musicals.

I suggest the OP check his/her facts before starting threads.
Andybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 14:10
Masterjonboi
Forum Member

He is an extremely well-respected singer-songwriter, actor and star of West End and Broadway musicals.

Dont have to be quite so rude! they got one thing wrong why be so crude
Masterjonboi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 15:11
abrightyz
Forum Member

Dont have to be quite so rude! they got one thing wrong why be so crude

i personally don't consider that especially rude... *not by DS standards anyway* ...

if anything, they were just a tad more emphatic in pointing out that some artists have indeed other platforms/venues aside from releasing records...
abrightyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 15:47
Bax1999
Forum Member

Kitty Brucknell and Daniel Evans have been recording recently.

What I find funny is that the UK has a big music culture but still the people are still attached to the top 40 (and even people out of top 20 are considered "average" or even "flop".)

In other countries, acts from talent shows go straight to independent labels and though they dont find fame and fortune there, they make very intresting records. I dont know why in the UK are so many talented artists that dont release one song in years.
Bax1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 17:10
performingmonk
Forum Member

Diana's 2nd album will come, eventually. Those 'leaked' songs from her seem to be from sessions that were going to form her original 2nd album that never materialised. This is all for the better as she'll now be able to put out a great record on a different label!
performingmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 17:20
Antonio_Villela
Forum Member

Katie Waissel
Antonio_Villela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 18:09
rionia
Forum Member

To be fair to the OP, I've been waiting for Darius 3rd album for years

I know every now and then he says he's working on, it,

I hope it'll be the a jazz/big band style album he was talking about
rionia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 18:40
AJmaestro
Forum Member

I'm still a massive fan of both Leon Jackson and Laura White but I just think us loyal fans have been waiting far too long for albums which seriously are starting to seem like they'll never happen. I follow both on facebook. Laura is always going on about recording and being in meetings. Those four songs that were put on YouTube in 2009 were amazing, apart from the one that won the vote to get released, which I'll never understand. We didn't ever get to hear the full versions of the other three and all she's done since then is make a video for a Cathedrals which is a good song but not great. We're fed up of waiting for her album. I think she must be trying to get a recording contract but she would be better off releasing it independently at this stage.
I have been seriously anticipating Leon Jackson's new album for a long time and I got very excited when he sang tons of new song during a summer tour he did around Britain, thinking he would be releasing an album soon... but he hasn't put anything on facebook or twitter about it at all and I just don't know if anything will come of it anytime soon. I know it will happen but come on, it's been four years since his first album and I think everything would be ready for a second one now. Us loyal fans are dying for his new music! We've all been saying it'll be worth the wait but jeez it's already become too long of a wait.
AJmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 18:58
Pumpkin Soup
Forum Member

Diana Vickers' situation is the worse. She announces a release date every few months, goes silent, then announces another one and then it goes on and on. It's pretty crap to lead your fans on like that.
Pumpkin Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 19:01
FernandoM
Forum Member

Whatever happened to Wagner's opera album?
FernandoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 19:29
PJ River
Inactive Member

Yeah, Melanie has also stated in interviews that her long delay has been a "perfection thing". I'm not sure if she really believes that the label had her best interests at headt or if she is just towing the party line but this long delay is in no way a good thing.

In regards to the OP, I know that Ruth Lorenzo did have a major label record deal with EMI/Virgin at one stage but apparently left them due to creative differences, which I think was a mistake on her part if true. She has been saying that her album will be released independently for years now, with the scheduled time constantly being moved back to the end if whatever given year it is. Eg. Last year it was supposed to be released in late 2012, now it is mid to late 2013 and blah blah blah ....
I understand Melanie, perfecting sh*t takes a long time. I mean why would a soulful RnB singer like her do electro ? WHY ? Stay true to your roots and identity !!!! There was a nice gap in the market for her. I do not understand labels sometimes.
PJ River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 20:23
fireemblemcraze
Forum Member

I don't like it when people complain like this, it's extremely hard to get a record deal and even harder to release music/promote music.

All I want is for Ruth and Lucie to get signed. They would do so well....it's not their faults either. If they came 3rd or 4th, they would be doing a lot better than they are now.
fireemblemcraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 20:40
PJ River
Inactive Member

You mean complain like I did ? I don't like complaining at all but THAT irritates me a lot. Melanie Amaro won the whole show and she gets a huge contract. The least she could do is tell the label that she wants her music to be in the same genre as what she did on the X factor. That's the least. Little Mix have done exactly that and there is a coherence between everything they have done.

As for Melanie, I'm not asking for her to triple platinum, I am just wondering why she is suddenly singing electro. THAT gets people lost. What kind of artist is she ? What family does she belong to ? What is her identity then ?

It is the same thing with Laura White. Very talented girl. Her jazz songs were actually doing good on itunes, I remember and then instead of going towards her natural Norah Jones vibe, she does, like Amaro, an electro song. WHY ? Laura has a perfect jazzy blues voice ! What a waste !

Respect your vocal identity and your roots !!!
PJ River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 21:12
drakhen
Forum Member

I thought Ruth Lorenzo released a song in Spain and it was a moderate hit?
drakhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 21:52
abrightyz
Forum Member

I thought Ruth Lorenzo released a song in Spain and it was a moderate hit?

did she?

she should release something here in the UK as well...
abrightyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 22:49
ItsRyanYall
Forum Member

Niki Evans album was great I thought. I was happy she put 'Tell Me It's Not True' on there as it shows she's proud of her respectful career since X Factor in the West End.
ItsRyanYall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 23:11
Bjkaave
Forum Member

I understand Melanie, perfecting sh*t takes a long time. I mean why would a soulful RnB singer like her do electro ? WHY ? Stay true to your roots and identity !!!! There was a nice gap in the market for her. I do not understand labels sometimes.
Yeah, I can sort of understand it, obviously I don't understand the entire process of making an album.
What I do know is that winners of The X Factor only have a small window of opportunity to turn the momentum of their win into a successful career and her label let that close by not releasing her single immediately after she won and then delaying the album until more than a year later.
Plenty of winners have been a me to get their albums out within 6 -8 months after their win and have done well with them.

Also, yeah I have no idea why they gave her electro songs to sing in the first place, but it was even more bizarre that they continued to do so after her first electro or techno or whatever single died on its arse..
Old 07-02-2013, 13:49
topcat3
Forum Member

laura white i think is releasing an album this year. she keeps delaying it
topcat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 15:41
jackbell
Forum Member

Yeah, well respected ....
jackbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 22:11
fireemblemcraze
Forum Member

Ruth and Lucie have been saying it for ages. But I'm still confident they will. As long as they eventually get around to do it, that's fine. I wish people could be more understanding. Getting funds for an independent release takes AGES then you have to make sure you get at least some form of promo. I want Ruth and Lucie to do it as soon as they feel confident that they will do well, after all a debut is the single most important thing for an artist. They have to get that right or else it won't work, so I don't mind however long it takes, as long as they're making sure it goes perfectly.
fireemblemcraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 22:40
Dreammaster695
Forum Member

matt cardle
Dreammaster695 is offline   Reply With Quote