Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Crocodile Dundee is on Channel 4 right now

Old 23-08-2013, 10:02
lordo350
Forum Member

Gotta give it to them. They are trying. They are really, really trying to make some money on a hugely successful British TV show and film. Following the failure of the TV remake, they are now attempting a film version. Nothing will stop good old Hollywood in its never ending quest to copy ideas and make some money!
Urm... okay then.
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38537
lordo350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 23-08-2013, 12:40
theonlyweeman
Forum Member

This was announced ages ago...

The film was fairly generic anyway, they could probably use the exact same script...
theonlyweeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2013, 19:03
Old.Tallen
Forum Member

Gotta give it to them. They are trying. They are really, really trying to make some money on a hugely successful British TV show and film. Following the failure of the TV remake, they are now attempting a film version. Nothing will stop good old Hollywood in its never ending quest to copy ideas and make some money!
Urm... okay then.
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38537
That's a bit rich considering The Inbetweeners copies everything from previous sitcoms and the movie was horribly generic and devoid of anything original or even remotely intelligent.
Old.Tallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2013, 20:51
Sez_babe
Forum Member

Wasn't the original film released in the US as well?
Sez_babe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2013, 21:08
theonlyweeman
Forum Member

Wasn't the original film released in the US as well?
Yes, but by a small indie distributor, with no real marketing power.
theonlyweeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2013, 21:17
Trsvis_Bickle
Forum Member

That's a bit rich considering The Inbetweeners copies everything from previous sitcoms and the movie was horribly generic and devoid of anything original or even remotely intelligent.
'Cos of course there's a thing as a genuinely 'new' sitcom, right.

The whole point of The Inbetweeners is that it's a combination/reinvention of things that have gone before for a contemporary audience. What it does, it does well. I agree that the film was weak but then they always are. The fact that the Septics are trying to copy the formula is vaguely flattering but given that Hollywood comedy is so dire...
Trsvis_Bickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2013, 21:22
Sez_babe
Forum Member

Yes, but by a small indie distributor, with no real marketing power.
Ah right.
Sez_babe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2013, 21:54
TRIPS
Forum Member

By intelligent do you mean witty. Humour is about making people laugh, it can be witty but that can be rather boring if it doesn't actually make you laugh.
Ive no idea why you think the show is not original.
The series shows teenagers in the raw, their naivety is the brilliance of the show,I cant think of and previous series that has captured this so embarrassingly brilliant.,please don't say Please Sir.or Porkys, neither got anywhere near the life of a teenager approaching adulthood. the show is extremely funny, The genius of the writing is it's not farce, am sure many teenagers have gone through the same situations in life many times.
TRIPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 17:08
andy1231
Forum Member

I never saw the tv (British) series but I laughed out loud at the film. Only disapointment for me was that I had been led to believe it was set in Malia on Crete but was in fact filmed in Magaluf in Spain.
andy1231 is offline   Reply With Quote