Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Securing bolts for Panasonic TH-42PZ80BA

Old 03-02-2013, 08:57
balbs
Forum Member

Ive inherited the above telly from the son who is off to sunnier climes - I thought I could just take the Vogel frame off the back of my present Sony and stick it on the Panasonic, the frame will fit but the holes on the Panasonic are deep - can anyone advise me of the bolt size that the Panasonic takes. Thanks.
balbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:39
Nigel Goodwin
Forum Member

Didn't you keep the rest of the screws from the Vogel bracket? - there should be suitable ones in there.

I've no idea of the actual size, but Plasma sets usually use a MUCH larger screw than LCD's, normally the largest supplied with the bracket..
Nigel Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:13
LCDMAN
Forum Member

IME, and a bit of an educated guess, M8x20/25 or even M10x25/30 but you will probably have had them with the original Vogel bracket, as Nigel said. You did keep the box, didn't you?
LCDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 14:26
Nigel Goodwin
Forum Member

IME, and a bit of an educated guess, M8x20/25 or even M10x25/30 but you will probably have had them with the original Vogel bracket, as Nigel said. You did keep the box, didn't you?
I can check the sizes tomorrow at work - it's just a question of finding a nut to fit the millions of spare bracket bolts I've got

Plasma sized ones are particularly common as the sets are relatively rare.
Nigel Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote