BT Sports Channel

joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,017
Forum Member
Claire Balding will be having her own Talk Show on the new BT Sports channel interviewing the Stars

See Here http://www.btplc.com/News/Articles/S...A-80CFB20EF355

Also, say you wanted the BT Sports channel Red Button services and MUTV do you need two boxes one for BT and another for Virgin/Sky to get what you want,
as I do not think that the new BT Sports package on BT Vision will include the MUTV channel, I could be wrong and MUTV will be part of the BT Vision line-up of channels going forward

Comments

• lambylamby Posts: 3,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remind me again when is the channel due to launch
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,452
    Forum Member
    Also, say you wanted the BT Sports channel Red Button services and MUTV do you need two boxes one for BT and another for Virgin/Sky to get what you want,
    as I do not think that the new BT Sports package on BT Vision will include the MUTV channel, I could be wrong and MUTV will be part of the BT Vision line-up of channels going forward

I would be surprised if MUTV don't sign up to BT Vision and/or Youview later this year, so that would solve the problem.

MU bought out Sky's share in MUTV last month and now own it all themselves, so that probably removes any remaining obstacles to a BT deal. Their Sky channel change seems to be part of the Sky buy-out deal.
  • suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is their anything that woman won't do. She does my head in so I won't be tuning in to watch het yap to some sports people. Sadly I will miss ESPN as they really are good at what they do currently. Such a shame.
  • lambylamby Posts: 3,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is their anything that woman won't do. She does my head in so I won't be tuning in to watch het yap to some sports people. Sadly I will miss ESPN as they really are good at what they do currently. Such a shame.

She hasn't done too much. I like het
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Shock horror Sports presenter presents a sports show.
  • VisionMan1VisionMan1 Posts: 2,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shock horror Sports presenter presents a sports show.

Ha ha ha! :D

To change tack slightly - We know BT have taken BBC talent. ESPN presenters too? Rebecca Lowe, perhaps? And what about a standalone show for AC Jimbo? As that would just be guaranteed to be different.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    AC Jimbo definately deserves his own show or atleast to continue presenting seria A football on BT Vision. He is fantastic!
    I like that they have jake humphreys as their premier league anchor, could be great, hopefully they can sign up some excellent pundits. They should try and go down the gary neville route and find someone young and hungry rather than the same old tried an tested keegans and savage's of this world.

What will the pricing be like? With all the talk of ESPN ceasing to exist will they be free on he XL package on virgin or would they prevent that from happening as they see virgin as major competitors when BT clearly are aiming to gain BT infinity and vision customers. Should be interesting to see this play out, especialy as some big premier league games will be on BT Vision.

If BT are serious about this they need to carry it through, something ESPN and setanta have failed to do. Eventually need to target the rights to champions league and the sorts. Al Jazeera had always been the ones rumoured to really eventually challenge sky but it looks like BT are going to have a go first, atleast over the next 3 years
    Although Im not too optimistic about their chances
  • RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,926
    Forum Member
    In reality BT badly needed to win the bulk of the EPL rights (and which was clearly its intention) to take on Sky and attract a significant subscriber base. With only a third of the games that Sky have that will give them a much harder task as Sky has a massive head start in subscribers, most of whom take Sky Sports as part of a wider package.

BT are making all the right noises and signing big name presenters etc but ultimately it all comes down to how many subscribers they can attract and how much money they are prepared to throw at it in relation to the returns they get.

I'm still not sure, in the light of them not seizing the bulk of the EPL rights whether they have a workable strategy or are simply a 2013 model of ESPN with significantly higher costs.

We will have to wait and see.
  • samburrowssamburrows Posts: 1,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Claire Balding will be having her own Talk Show on the new BT Sports channel interviewing the Stars

See Here http://www.btplc.com/News/Articles/S...A-80CFB20EF355

Can we look forward to seeing this on your 'journalism Google blog'?
  • big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radiomike wrote: »
    In reality BT badly needed to win the bulk of the EPL rights (and which was clearly its intention) to take on Sky and attract a significant subscriber base. With only a third of the games that Sky have that will give them a much harder task as Sky has a massive head start in subscribers, most of whom take Sky Sports as part of a wider package.

BT are making all the right noises and signing big name presenters etc but ultimately it all comes down to how many subscribers they can attract and how much money they are prepared to throw at it in relation to the returns they get.

I'm still not sure, in the light of them not seizing the bulk of the EPL rights whether they have a workable strategy or are simply a 2013 model of ESPN with significantly higher costs.

We will have to wait and see.

Wouldn't be so sure about that.
    samburrows wrote: »
    Can we look forward to seeing this on your 'journalism Google blog'?

:D
  • mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,390
    Forum Member
    Here's the BT Sport logo, if nobody has already posted it. Courtesy of Nick Harris on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/299463817933504513/photo/1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats all they could come up with?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    It's pretty pathetic, isn't it? All the imagination of a particularly bland piece of cardboard.
  • AndylandAndyland Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mogzyboy wrote: »
    Here's the BT Sport logo, if nobody has already posted it. Courtesy of Nick Harris on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/299463817933504513/photo/1

Hmmm, now where have I seen that before....?
    ...oh yes, the 1990s... :D
  • fodg09fodg09 Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully it will be a case of the logo looking much better on screen in high resolution, because that is a pretty awful design.

On another note, Jamie Carragher has announced he is retiring at the end of the season - imagine BT will want to get him on board.

They are also now letting people register interest in getting the channels,

http://www.btsport.com

And businesses at,

http://business.bt.com/bt-sport/

'Are you a Sky TV customer?' is among the questions asked.
  • clubfoot fcclubfoot fc Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    fodg09 wrote: »
    On another note, Jamie Carragher has announced he is retiring at the end of the season - imagine BT will want to get him on board.

richard keys on twitter is suggesting carragher is off to sky sports
  • mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,390
    Forum Member
    Oh, please God, no! Don't let Carragher go into full-time punditry. The Scouse accent is genuinely appalling. Imagine having to put up with that on a weekly (sometimes twice-weekly) basis.
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And businesses at http://business.bt.com/bt-sport/
    'Are you a Sky TV customer?' is among the questions asked.

Other observations:
      As expected, BT is describing them as HD sports channels, number unspecified. Probably because it does not want to reveal its hand to Sky.
      Satellite-only delivery for businesses is strongly suggested as:
    a) Business registration page does not ask for details of broadband provider (Consumer page does).
    b) The question: are you a Sky subscriber has a third answer in addition to yes or no: no but I have the equipment. (Not an option on the consumer page).
  • fodg09fodg09 Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richard keys on twitter is suggesting carragher is off to sky sports

Interesting, certainly would be preferable to Jamie Redknapp.

Having said that think it worth taking anything Keys says with a pinch of salt, sense he still has a bit of an agenda against Sky.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting, certainly would be preferable to Jamie Redknapp.
    Redknapp has confirmed that he won't comment on his plans until the end of the season.
  • Harfynn TeuportHarfynn Teuport Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    mogzyboy wrote: »
    Oh, please God, no! Don't let Carragher go into full-time punditry. The Scouse accent is genuinely appalling. Imagine having to put up with that on a weekly (sometimes twice-weekly) basis.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Scouse accent, but Carragher was consisently excellent at the Euros last year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • The WandererThe Wanderer Posts: 5,238
    Forum Member
    I really don't have a problem with the BT Sport logo

Carragher was good at the Euros, just had to listen really hard
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    I just can't get over how inappropriate that logo is. It genuinely evokes telecoms in the most generic way, and in no way sells "sport" to me. On top of which, the font choice and sizing is awkward and there's no colour branding to speak of. It looks like a placeholder whipped together in five minutes. I certainly hope Red Bee weren't well compensated for it.
  • leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the BT Sport logo. I have a question though when the channel is up and running and they are showing programmes will the logo be faded so it isnt that much of a distraction
This discussion has been closed.