Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Richard lll : The King in the Carpark C4 Monday

Old 04-02-2013, 22:51
Richard1960
Forum Member

Perhaps this will now awaken interest in Richard III and more serious documentaries might follow for those who didn't like this one.
indeed there is one on more 4 now with Dr David Starkey.
Richard1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-02-2013, 22:52
striing
Forum Member

Is she going to snog it?
Tenner say she starts tounging the bust.
Hello................. Is it me you're looking for.............................
too funny.

I wonder what the reviews are going to be like - if our views are anything to go by.
striing is offline   Reply With Quote
lunar 1
Forum Member

You wil be next week as channel 4 show at 9 the garbage that will be"my big fat gypsy valentine"
hahahahahahahaha i can't wait
lunar 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
planets
Forum Member

You wil be next week as channel 4 show at 9 the garbage that will be"my big fat gypsy valentine"
probably edited by the same team
planets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 22:54
hooter
Forum Member

That`s cruel........but probably correct
hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 22:54
lunar 1
Forum Member

i know nothing about richard and watched the programe by accident, and honestly the whole thing looked completely fake, by the end i was thinking maybe the mad woman had him all along and staged the whole thing
Old 04-02-2013, 22:55
Richard1960
Forum Member

normal service resumes.
Yes sadly so.
Old 04-02-2013, 22:56
Englishspinner
Forum Member

i know nothing about richard and watched the programe by accident, and honestly the whole thing looked completely fake, by the end i was thinking maybe the mad woman had him all along and staged the whole thing
As others have said More 4 is showing David Starkey's take on this period of English History, as we speak.
Englishspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 22:56
Richard1960
Forum Member

who knows i qute enjoyed tonights show though.
Old 04-02-2013, 22:57
Fairyprincess0
Forum Member

Those wanting newsnight to do a more serious piece might be a bit disapointed
Fairyprincess0 is offline   Reply With Quote
jj2
Forum Member

He`s dead love...don`t think he`ll object do you? Anyways, don`t they all worship the same god?
Would you reburied a Jewish skeleton as a Christian, just because he was long dead and couldn't object . Think of the of the hornets nest that would stir up
jj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
striing
Forum Member

Those wanting newsnight to do a more serious piece might be a bit disapointed
Yeah but they are meaning to be funny.
hooter
Forum Member

You should have watched the Richard III night on Saturday...it made very interesting viewing.
Old 04-02-2013, 22:58
Keren-Happuch
Forum Member

This had made me laughing so much I nearly missed seeing the actual reconstruction.

Tenner say she starts tounging the bust.
Ha I did think for a moment when Philippa said "you could almost...." I thought she was going to add "snog him."

I don't recall us ever covering Richard III in history lessons at primary or secondary school. We only ever did Henry VIII and Queen Victoria when it came to the royals.
I did the Wars of the Roses at primary school. I was very much Team Lancaster at the time as I bought into all the hype about Richard being a tyrant. And I was 8 and obsessed with the Tudors, so of course I wanted Henry VII to win. Even now I know very little about Richard but this has definitely made me want to find out more about him.

This programme was seriously weird. Philippa Langley does come across as being pretty bonkers but fair play to her for funding it all and being so passionate about it. The curly haired guy was irritating. I hope someone does a proper documentary soon.
Keren-Happuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Richard1960
Forum Member

As others have said More 4 is showing David Starkey's take on this period of English History, as we speak.
Probably too heavy going for people who complained a lot on here however i would be delighted if Kolin Klingon is watching although its probably not likely.
sunnypickles
Forum Member

I am watching this on cannel 4 +1 and was really looking forward to watching it, but so far I am not enjoying this program at all. I just cannot warm to it and the way that something so important to history is portrayed! Bring back time team specials with a balanced and well thought out arguments and story telling rather than the ramblings of that mad woman and her special feelings! We have been so spoilt with time team and we expect more from Channel 4 rather than something that feels like i am watching a mockumentry or a louis theroux documentary! I cannot feel excited about the whole process as the presenter is dreary and dull, I love for a bit of Tony Robinson and how he can inject some excitement, oh look the only excitement i can raise is that they sent him to my old university and to the department i studied my degree in!
sunnypickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 22:59
planets
Forum Member

who knows i qute enjoyed tonights show though.
there was interesting stuff, badly served by the programme makers

oh god newsnight are interviewing an ACTOR because he's going to be an expert on history what is wrong with programme makers are they all braindead 14 year olds????
planets is offline   Reply With Quote
ladyeleanor
Forum Member

I have just been doing a bit of reasearch and according to my detective work Jimmy Hoffa is burried in my back garden.
Do I get 10,000.
ladyeleanor is offline   Reply With Quote
hooter
Forum Member

Would you reburied a Jewish skeleton as a Christian, just because he was long dead and couldn't object . Think of the of the hornets nest that would stir up
Apparently it`s the custom is to bury any skeletons found in the nearest consecrated ground
lunar 1
Forum Member

iv'e put it on but i find these hard to watch as its all speculation really when it comes down to it
Old 04-02-2013, 23:00
19Nick68
Forum Member

Needed a bit more science and a few less ad breaks. Very interesting but could have been so much better.
19Nick68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 23:01
late8
Forum Member

OK so I now have a feeling the whole thing is a fake! The grand TV conn in history. Things have been done like this before!

It was so bad and that daft "comedian" presenter so in true I left the program feeling like it is April 1st.

Seriously what the hell is going on?

Also what happened to the second DNA result the BBC mentioned? Apparently 2 people were found. The Canadian guy and someone who wanted to remain anonymous!
late8 is offline   Reply With Quote
striing
Forum Member

Ooh Richard Eyre spinning it as bad news for the R3 society on Newsnight. Hope Phillippa isn't looking.
Tiggywink
Forum Member

They never said anything at all about why the R3 Society is trying to rehabilitate Richard's reputation. I would have thought that that was really important. Otherwise non-historians must have been wondering the whole time what the hell this was all about.

Like you all say, Ch4 messed up a chance to make this an engrossing story. Instead they used a muppet to present it and put Philippa in a bad light. Jeez.
Tiggywink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 23:02
Richard1960
Forum Member

there was interesting stuff, badly served by the programme makers

oh god newsnight are interviewing an ACTOR because he's going to be an expert on history what is wrong with programme makers are they all braindead 14 year olds????

Not watching it at the moment am watching David Starkeys take on the period on more 4 at preesnt weighty stuff indeed.

Like the take on programme makers though.