DS Forums

Beyonce and Destiny's Child brought down the house

Old 04-02-2013, 09:39
ClaireyB
Forum Member

Amazing performance!!
http://wp.me/p2EAVa-3Lm
ClaireyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:24
rebellion
Forum Member

Thought Madonna was a lot better last year.
rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:26
TH14
Forum Member

I like her personally, think she can dance and perform well and I love her voice but her songs bore me rigid and I don't rate her material at all
TH14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:57
Sharona68
Forum Member

She puts on a good show (well her team do) and she can dance, but why does she never really sing?

All as she does is sing one line, shout a lot at the crowd and pose a lot.
Sharona68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 13:16
Dizzle
Forum Member

Beyonce did. Kelly Rowland and that other one looked a bit desperate, gate crashing Beyonce's big moment and singing her songs (with their microphones virtually turned off).
Dizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 13:41
dee123
Forum Member

Beyonce did. Kelly Rowland and that other one looked a bit desperate, gate crashing Beyonce's big moment and singing her songs (with their microphones virtually turned off).
You do know they were invited, right? That being said Michelle Williams was rubbish. Kelly was fine.
dee123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 13:45
87Ben
Forum Member

Although I feel Beyonce is talented I find her hugely overrated even when Destiny's Child went solo I always thought Beyonce would be the huge star as it was her Father that pushed her.

I guess also Beyonce has more appeal than Kelly and Michelle.
87Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 13:49
itunesfestival2
Forum Member

This was PHENOMENAL - I'm currently crying a tiny bit in the school library I swear to you.

I LOVED the opening when she posed in front of her figure, I got SO many goosebumps when she was like 'dirtywhine' in Baby Boy, and the arrangement of Halo was incredible.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOO excited for her tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
itunesfestival2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 15:39
Sky_Fire
Forum Member

I loved it!!!! Even Michelle got a pass this time around. Kelly did that single ladies dance like she created it. Beyonce was Beyonce, there's nothing positive I can say about here that hasn't already been said. Their weaves were immaculate too.
Sky_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 16:12
Mr_Eye
Forum Member

It was so predictable.

She is such a boring performer.
Mr_Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 16:54
DEADLY_17
Forum Member

I found ok but nothing spectacular.
DEADLY_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 18:00
MikePJB
Forum Member

I originally didn't want the reunion to happen there, but I'm glad I did. They all looked so great together and it was nice to see them perform. It was short, but considering she only had 13 mins to perform I think it made sense. It was cool seeing them do Single Ladies and seeing Kelly and Michelle doing the dance.
MikePJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 18:03
grimtales1
Forum Member

This was PHENOMENAL - I'm currently crying a tiny bit in the school library I swear to you.

I LOVED the opening when she posed in front of her figure, I got SO many goosebumps when she was like 'dirtywhine' in Baby Boy, and the arrangement of Halo was incredible.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOO excited for her tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I loved the opening bit when the figure was made out of fire as well She performed really well (watched a bit on YT) and looked fabulous The rest of DC looked great too
grimtales1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 19:00
Zone_Out
Forum Member

was a great show for me at least the set list was a complete mess both Bey`s & DC`s
Beyonce`s great performer but as a few others have said boring & predictable & it showed she doesn`t have that many "iconic" songs really (solo at least) considered how hyped she is, all great catchy song yes iconic no
Zone_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 20:47
PopularCulture
Forum Member

Hahaha ok im not even a Beyonce "stan" but seriously everyone on here just sounds miserable. Credit where credits due, she was absolutely incredible - I would like someone to pick a better performer of this generation. Kelly was fantastic and looked the best out of all three and yes Michelle was slightly weaker but overall it was an excellent show. Also, I have no words for the intro, it was just amazing/goosebumps/fierce/iconic - i wish she'd continued with 'girls' though instead of 'love on top'.
PopularCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 21:04
rivercity_rules
Forum Member

She was incredible.

A bit much Baby Boi for my liking, had Sean(a) Paul been there then maybe it would have warranted such a long performance, but it shouldn't have had so long, then no Say My Name.

But performance wise, and vocally she was flawless as ever.

Seeing Destiny's Child together again lead me to applaud in my living room at 2am I was SO excited. I don't know about Kelly or Michelle, but I certainly couldn't Handle It!
rivercity_rules is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 21:19
iseloid
Forum Member

Although I feel Beyonce is talented I find her hugely overrated even when Destiny's Child went solo I always thought Beyonce would be the huge star as it was her Father that pushed her.

I guess also Beyonce has more appeal than Kelly and Michelle.
Obviously. That's what happens when dad is your manager. And we all know why Bey appeals to people. She's like the middle of a creme egg all mixed together.
iseloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 21:22
grimtales1
Forum Member

That intro was amazing
grimtales1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 21:33
big dan
Forum Member

An amazing performance. I thought the DC segment was slightly rushed but still good. Having said that, I don't even think she needed any other act on that stage with her. She was killing it all on her own, unlike last year where I personally feel Madonna needed the guests to give it that extra oomph.

I can sort of see where those saying the setlist highlights her lack of 'massive hits' are coming from though in a way. I don't think it helps that two of her biggest singles, If I Were A Boy and Irreplaceable ,are both man-hating break-up ballads that really wouldn't suit the Superbowl.

Seeing End Of Time live affirmed for me that it should have been 4's lead single; promoted properly it could have been a massive hit.
big dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 21:46
Master Ozzy
Forum Member

People saying she doesn't have a good back catalogue are talking crap:

Crazy In Live
Baby Boy
Naughty Girl
Deja Vu
Irreplaceable
Listen
If I Were A Boy
Single Ladies
Sweet Dreams
Halo
Love On Top
Countdown
End Of Time

To name a few
Master Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 21:52
big dan
Forum Member

People saying she doesn't have a good back catalogue are talking crap:

Crazy In Live
Baby Boy
Naughty Girl
Deja Vu
Irreplaceable
Listen
If I Were A Boy
Single Ladies
Sweet Dreams
Halo
Love On Top
Countdown
End Of Time

To name a few
Oh yes, I certainly agree she has a good back-catalogue. 4 is my favourite album of hers and that without question has the least hits. However, I do understand that she could be seen to have a lack of memorable, massive songs that the casual listener will know and be able to bop along too. Particularly ones suitable for a show with such a massive global audience like the Superbowl.

Another thing about her performance, I loved that she performed Baby Boy. A great song that actually was quite a big R'n'B hit at the time, but not a predictable choice in the slightest. Not heard it in a while, was very pleasantly surprised.
big dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 23:46
ItsRyanYall
Forum Member

Oh the entrance from Destinys child was amazing!!!!!! Beyonce slaaaaaayed
ItsRyanYall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 00:23
4troy7
Forum Member

She was amazing as was the Dsetiny's Child Medley I loved it
4troy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 00:36
PopularCulture
Forum Member

Oh yes, I certainly agree she has a good back-catalogue. 4 is my favourite album of hers and that without question has the least hits. However, I do understand that she could be seen to have a lack of memorable, massive songs that the casual listener will know and be able to bop along too. Particularly ones suitable for a show with such a massive global audience like the Superbowl.

Another thing about her performance, I loved that she performed Baby Boy. A great song that actually was quite a big R'n'B hit at the time, but not a predictable choice in the slightest. Not heard it in a while, was very pleasantly surprised.
Crazy In Love & Single Ladies are two of the most iconic songs of this generation [some artists are lucky to get even one] and the rest are recognised hits - i think youre forgetting Beyonce has been on the scene since 1997, thats SIXTEEN years. So even if someone was 40 in the audience they wouldve been about 24 when DC blew up , i think youre underestimating how many people know her hits especially in America where radio eats her stuff up.
PopularCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 00:37
Microkorg
Forum Member

Same old shouty performance as always
Microkorg is offline   Reply With Quote