Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Holly Willabooby

Old 07-02-2013, 21:25
i4u
Forum Member

The 10 year old son of the Beckhams has taken part in advert, being seen a cool dude 'hanging out' and cosying upto females twice his age.

Does anyone else find these ads questionable?
i4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 07-02-2013, 21:34
whatever54
Forum Member

what on earth
I think those kids have a far from normal life as it is, goodness knows why they are sticking him in some advertising campaign. Asking for trouble IMO. Looking through article I was reminded of Junior Andre

oh and the pic of him ogling some models foot seemed a bit much
whatever54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 21:49
lexi22
Inactive Member

What I find questionable is anyone who would describe this ad campaign as 'pervy'.
lexi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 22:00
misslibertine
Forum Member

I wouldn't say "pervy", no.
misslibertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 22:03
fifitrixibelle
Forum Member

I wouldn't say pervy, but they are rather naff and unprofessional looking,,,just too random, forced and try hard, you would almost think the luvvies in the fashion world were doing a bit of mutual bum licking and wedged the lad in regardless of if it 'worked' in the ad campaign or not.
fifitrixibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 22:03
i4u
Forum Member

What I find questionable is anyone who would describe this ad campaign as 'pervy'.
You find nothing odd with a 10 year old hanging out with 23 year old woman?

I don't think they would have got away with a 10 year old girl eyeing up a 23 year old man.

Fashion photography has a history of pushing boundries such as heroin chic.
Old 07-02-2013, 22:10
whatever54
Forum Member

Pervy, no I wouldn't say that. I did find the gazing foot shot just a bit strange though, I'm not that arty so perhaps don't appreciate it
Old 07-02-2013, 22:10
LaceyLouelle3
Forum Member

I find these adverts bizarre...the models look completely stone faced and he's all smiles, they don't fit together.
I wouldn't say pervy though.
LaceyLouelle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 22:12
Nicola32
Forum Member

I think the ads are pretty awful but I wouldn't describe them as "pervy".
Nicola32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 22:13
grimtales1
Forum Member

That shirt he's wearing in the top picture looks like its made of tinfoil
grimtales1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 22:17
lexi22
Inactive Member

I wouldn't say pervy, but they are rather naff and unprofessional looking,,,just too random, forced and try hard, you would almost think the luvvies in the fashion world were doing a bit of mutual bum licking and wedged the lad in regardless of if it 'worked' in the ad campaign or not.
Actually, that was my initial impression too, a bit cheap and also a bit confusing. If it's supposed to be a light, fun collection, then why the disconnect between the cheeky kid and the po-faced models? It's just not very appealing all round.

But then I've never seen the appeal of the Burberry brand...
lexi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 22:17
davor
Forum Member

What would the topic starter care about Romeo Beckham? He has his parents and I'm sure they love him and care about him. What has the world turned into? My parents used to take photos of me pretending to smoke cigarettes when i was 4 or 5, they also took naked photos of me and i was naked at the beach. If someone would do that today, they would probably took their kids away from them and would say they were terrible parents. It's just a funny ad, relax people.
davor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 22:21
i4u
Forum Member

Pervy, no I wouldn't say that. I did find the gazing foot shot just a bit strange though, I'm not that arty so perhaps don't appreciate it
Why would a photographer choose to release such a shot, very strange.

Why have a 10 year old with two glamorous mature women in that context?

Be interesting to see if it becomes a trend,
Old 07-02-2013, 22:27
misslibertine
Forum Member

I just assume its something "arty" that's going over the top of my head
misslibertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 22:49
whatever54
Forum Member

Why would a photographer choose to release such a shot, very strange.

Why have a 10 year old with two glamorous mature women in that context?

Be interesting to see if it becomes a trend,
I don't get it, doesn't offend me just
Also did think like you said earlier up thread if it was Harper at 10, gazing at a mans ankles on catwalk, would seem just as odd to me but interesting scenario.
As I say I'm not artsy so may not get it. I hope this is a 1 off thing though, if Romeo is to lead a normal sort of life then I don't think being a 10 year old Burberry model will help that. I like to see him going to football practice and getting chippy dinners (I would be equally happy not to see his picture at all and have all the Beckham offsprings faces pixelated) (actually I must admit I like a Harper pic she's so cute)
Old 08-02-2013, 07:29
Daisy Bennyboots
Forum Member

If I'd just put down a copy of Decoding Women's Magazines, I'd focus on the model who is stood above the boy, she is wearing red shoes, a pair of green silk microshorts with a narrow gusset and her entire bare legs on show. So are we to presume the wry smile on the boy in the shot is because of what the child model can see from behind his sunglasses from the viewpoint of her feet? Perhaps it's meant to be mischievous. I wouldn't say it's pervy but I wouldn't call it tasteful, either. It's just weird sh*t that famous people don't seem to mind subjecting their offspring to if photographers of note just happen to be taking the pictures.

All these Burberry shoots are odd - it hasn't worked in terms of adding some mischievousness youth or vivaciousness to the brand , it just looks like an annoying kid in coloured tin foil has gatecrashed a photoshoot and taking is the piss out of Burberry.
Daisy Bennyboots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:49
My name's Scott
Forum Member

He's not catalogue model cute. I wouldn't hire him to advertise for Primark
My name's Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:00
The Prumeister
Forum Member

It's an absolutely ghastly campaign; he looks awkward and is wearing some terrible clothes, but I wouldn't call it pervy.

Nepotism has always been rife and will continue to be so, sadly.

Maybe he will grow into his looks, but IMHO, he is not a natural model..... (Yes, I know he's only 10/11, but a lot of child models do look natural - and he doesn't).
The Prumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:35
RealityRocks
Forum Member

Gosh, pervy!? No, I certainly don't see it as pervy. It's a poor advert in general though - Romeo looks very much like a child, a gap-toothed, happy kid, and he'd be far better suited with a load of other 10 year olds having fun (presumably children dressed in Burberry are allowed that!?)

It's no realy fault of Romeo, it's the ad campaign, it's horrid. But if it's what he wants to do, fair play to him, he seems a lovely lad, he just needs to be styled and shot as a child, not an adult.
RealityRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:41
Gwylfa
Forum Member

If these children didn't have the parents that they do , they wouldn't be given a second look by model agency's. They have the right surname and that is all!!
Gwylfa is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:36
grimtales1
Forum Member

Gosh, pervy!? No, I certainly don't see it as pervy. It's a poor advert in general though - Romeo looks very much like a child, a gap-toothed, happy kid, and he'd be far better suited with a load of other 10 year olds having fun (presumably children dressed in Burberry are allowed that!?)

It's no realy fault of Romeo, it's the ad campaign, it's horrid. But if it's what he wants to do, fair play to him, he seems a lovely lad, he just needs to be styled and shot as a child, not an adult.
I agree it would be a better ad if he was other kids in the ad having fun or something.
grimtales1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:38
wallster
Forum Member

He's not catalogue model cute. I wouldn't hire him to advertise for Primark
Sure he is a nice lad, but he ain't an oil painting.
wallster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:51
L_Silverwolf
Forum Member

Sorry to go against the flow here, but I quite like the pics. I like the contrast of mischievous kid vs. po-faced models. It's cheesy, but then I like cheese.
L_Silverwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:40
AndreaJx
Forum Member

Sorry to go against the flow here, but I quite like the pics. I like the contrast of mischievous kid vs. po-faced models. It's cheesy, but then I like cheese.
I agree. I actually bothered to look at the pics whereas I never did that for any previous models who did the ads except Eddie...but who wouldn't.
AndreaJx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:10
Viridiana
Forum Member

You find nothing odd with a 10 year old hanging out with 23 year old woman?

I don't think they would have got away with a 10 year old girl eyeing up a 23 year old man.

Fashion photography has a history of pushing boundries such as heroin chic.
That's an amazing pic of Kate Moss. I remember when that came out and thinking FINALLY someone in a fashion mag that actually looks like an everyday teenager, like i was at the time. It made fashion History and changed the perception of beauty.

And no i do not find the ad at all pervy, it's just a stupid cheesy ad, the kid is meant to be cheeky, or kids cannot be cheeky around adults now? And numerous little girls have been filmed hanging around with men. Kristen Dunst even got to kiss Brad Pitt.
Viridiana is offline   Reply With Quote