Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Playbook issues with Kindle app

Old 04-02-2013, 14:22
Shall
Forum Member

Hi, I bought the misses a BB Playbook for Christmas, which after a slow start is beginning to grow on her. The Major gripe at present is occasionally the Kindle app (3.2.0.35) does not open. She touches the app and it starts to one but the screen then drops back to the home screen. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a more stable version of the app any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Simon
Shall is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-02-2013, 16:14
Tassium
Forum Member

I have just run the same version app (from goodereader.com I think) and it opened perfectly every time. Tried about 7 or 8 opens.

Maybe it's a storage issue? Not enough space on the Playbook or something and the app does not like it.
Tassium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 19:48
alan1302
Forum Member

I've the same version and like Tassium not had a problem with it.

Have you tried u-installing it and putting it back on?
alan1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 20:11
Rodney McKay
Forum Member

@shall are you running the latest updates on your PB? The Kindle app also works fine on my machine (same version)
Rodney McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 13:50
Shall
Forum Member

Currently running 2.1.0.1314, which I believe is the latest. Haven't had the issue for a week at least and it's used daily in that time. So it's definitely not a permanent issue. It has happened on at least 4 separate occasions (since Christmas), firstly I thought it was when it was opened in a non wi-fi area but it has since happened at home with the wi-fi when it took at least 3 re-boots before it opened properly.

Other than a reboot is there any way of refreshing the PB. I know on Android for example I can go into settings and force stop an app. Can't fand anything similar on PB
Old 05-02-2013, 14:07
slick1two
Forum Member

Currently running 2.1.0.1314, which I believe is the latest. Haven't had the issue for a week at least and it's used daily in that time. So it's definitely not a permanent issue. It has happened on at least 4 separate occasions (since Christmas), firstly I thought it was when it was opened in a non wi-fi area but it has since happened at home with the wi-fi when it took at least 3 re-boots before it opened properly.

Other than a reboot is there any way of refreshing the PB. I know on Android for example I can go into settings and force stop an app. Can't fand anything similar on PB
The Playbook manages apps automatically. it will take apps out of memory when you close them. I rarely reboot my playbook and runs fine. Every now and then The Browser gets a little laggy then I give it a reboot.

With regards to the kindle app I got that version and it's running fine.
slick1two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 17:54
Rodney McKay
Forum Member

You can do a reset, I've done it a couple of time if the GPS is playing up.

It doesn't wipe your data but is a bit like taking the battery out of a Blackberry phone then putting it back in (which I used to do with my old BB if it was playing up) which of course you can't do on a PB

http://www.berryreview.com/2011/04/2...erry-playbook/

But this might help.
Rodney McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 13:45
Shall
Forum Member

Thanks very much for the response Rodney that's certainly good to know think i'll suggest she does that.