Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The White Queen discussion thread

Old 19-03-2013, 07:06
xvoguex
Forum Member

Filming finished last week for this. I really want to watch it. There are lots of books coming out between now and the end of April regarding the war of the roses. I hope it airs soon!
I haven't posted for ages on here, Coming out of lurkdom

What books are coming out fact/ fiction or both? I love this period.

I've just finished reading the Sunne in spender which was fab.

I am now re-reading the white queen. I'm looking forward to the tv show I hope it's good.
xvoguex is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 19-03-2013, 09:23
xvoguex
Forum Member

*Splendour

I realised I spelt Splendour wrong. Not used to typing up messages on my iphone.
xvoguex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 16:17
maddiesdoor
Inactive Member

I haven't posted for ages on here, Coming out of lurkdom

What books are coming out fact/ fiction or both? I love this period.

I've just finished reading the Sunne in spender which was fab.

I am now re-reading the white queen. I'm looking forward to the tv show I hope it's good.
Fact mostly, I think it was around 2/3 I saw on amazon. Mainly all to do with the war of the roses
maddiesdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 11:54
maddiesdoor
Inactive Member

I don't really see the point advertising a program that isn't due to air quite later on. In early January the BBC included clips in a "winter" trailer. All other programs featured in that trailer have aired, except this.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:38
maddiesdoor
Inactive Member

I'm getting really impatient for this!

The DVD release date is for July on Amazon so I guess it's soon.
Old 09-05-2013, 15:08
maddiesdoor
Inactive Member

Is there still no news?
Old 09-05-2013, 15:15
guestofseth
Forum Member

It's being advertised for the summer, so I'm guessing June/July. Since Sunday is the only day for this type of drama and they usually put the Apprentice final on a Sunday they'll have to wait until after that, so I'm thinking 21st July is likely. They do seem to be advertising it a bit early if that's the case but it is only a teaser trail so I think it's just them giving it a massive promotion. It's an ambitious drama for them so they need it to do well.
guestofseth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 18:36
the_lostprophet
Forum Member

Oo I hadn't even seen the teaser trailer mentioned in the post above!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5aam4MpZss
the_lostprophet is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 08:12
cathh70
Forum Member

The trailers have stepped up for this, but is still saying coming in summer.

I'm going to be away for a couple of weeks soon, I hope it doesn't start before I return.
cathh70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 09:11
Shrike
Forum Member

Should be interesting - I enjoyed the "Hollow Crown" shakespeare last year and Janina Ramirez documentries on the 100 years war so this will be a nice follow on.
Certainly finding Richard III in the car park was handy for publicity and the popularity of Game of Thrones will help too. I'm expecting a bit less violence in this though if its from the female perspective
Shrike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 11:44
RyJa
Forum Member

I can't wait for this!!!!!

I'm re-reading The White Queen at the moment.
RyJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 13:26
guestofseth
Forum Member

Now that the full trailer has started to air I'm less confident in my prediction of July 21st, I think it could start as early as June 9th now. There was a BFI screening last week, which suggests a June airdate is likely.
guestofseth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 13:56
abannie
Forum Member

For anyone who hasn't seen the trailer yet -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydney...ature=youtu.be
abannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 16:32
maddiesdoor
Inactive Member

Hoping this airs soon. It's taking ages now. The BBC shouldn't have featured it in it's 'coming soon' trailer back in January. The recent trailers have been excellent though.

Just to ask; who are the three women in the promo trailer? Obviously Rebecca Ferguson as Elizabeth Woodville, but the other two I mean.
Old 25-05-2013, 18:11
danishdancer
Forum Member

Hoping this airs soon. It's taking ages now. The BBC shouldn't have featured it in it's 'coming soon' trailer back in January. The recent trailers have been excellent though.

Just to ask; who are the three women in the promo trailer? Obviously Rebecca Ferguson as Elizabeth Woodville, but the other two I mean.
Margaret Beaufort, Henry Tudor's mother, and Anne Neville, Richard the 3rd's wife
danishdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 19:12
maddiesdoor
Inactive Member

Margaret Beaufort, Henry Tudor's mother, and Anne Neville, Richard the 3rd's wife
Thank you!
Old 25-05-2013, 20:22
lola_skye
Forum Member

Margaret Beaufort looked scary in the trailer!!! Also wasn't she a red head and Anne Neville brunette?
lola_skye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 20:48
danishdancer
Forum Member

You're welcome ! I'm really looking forward to this series too. I just hope it's more accurate than The Tudors.
danishdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 21:33
daisyduck1976
Forum Member

You had me at James Frain. Everything else is just gravy. The man's amazing in everything he's in.

I saw a trailer today which said coming in June. Really looking forward to it.
daisyduck1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 21:43
goonernatalie
Forum Member

It is a great book
I like P. Gregory very good writer
goonernatalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 01:14
MagicCoppelia
Forum Member

Can't wait to see Max Irons. He is yummy.
MagicCoppelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 13:26
Siobhan_Parker
Forum Member

Hi - just letting everyone know that the BBC have just released the media pack for The White Queen. Still no air date except "June". Schedules are released up to 14th June so it wouldn't surprise me if it airs Sunday 16th June.

http://andrewgoweractor.wordpress.co...e-white-queen/
Siobhan_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 15:29
Kapellmeister
Forum Member

It's about time this story was told on film - I have never really been able to understand why we have been treated ad nauseam to the Tudors when this whole Wars of the Roses period is so filled with exciting stuff.

I really hope it does the main characters justice.
Yes, tell the historical story but don't just rip it straight from the questionable claims of a romantic novel. Phillippa Gregory is nothing but Catherine Cookson in Tudor dress. People saying 'oh the cast is wonderful'. Really? Apart from Arthur Darvill I've not heard of a single one of them. What else have they appeared in? Hollyoaks? Emmerdale? Eastenders? I saw the trailer for this the other day and I thought it looked dreadful. You can tell what sort of audience they're hoping to attract just from the ghastly music which accompanied it. If people want to see what historical drama should be like then try A Man For All Seasons or The Six Wives of Henry VIII. Of course if you just want a 'bodice-ripper' in the style of 'The Tudors' then watch 'The White Queen'. I certainly won't be.

Meanwhile the transformation of Phillippa Gregory from 'trashy genre novelist' to 'respected historian' is hilarious. First as a talking head on Time Team and now pontificating about Anne Boleyn on BBC2. Anyone would think she knew what she was talking about.
Kapellmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 16:20
Siobhan_Parker
Forum Member

Sherlock, The Borgias, Being Human, Misfits, Parade's End, The Crimson Petal and The White, Ripper Street, Monroe, Secret State, We'll Take Manhattan.. to name a few.
Siobhan_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 16:58
MoreTears
Forum Member

Sherlock, The Borgias, Being Human, Misfits, Parade's End, The Crimson Petal and The White, Ripper Street, Monroe, Secret State, We'll Take Manhattan.. to name a few.
To name a few what? That's just a random list of TV shows.
MoreTears is offline   Reply With Quote