Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

BBC4 - Albums - Great Album Showdown

Old 11-02-2013, 13:05
Virgil Tracy
Forum Member

God last night's BAFTAS were awful , he was even more irritating than usual , he told the winners not to take too long speaking then his 'presenting' bits between each award went on far longer than any winner's speech .

plus his tiresome use of obscure words mixed in with his 'baby' talk and the endless flat jokes ....

please , haven't we suffered enough ?
Virgil Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 11-02-2013, 13:09
candyfloss2000
Inactive Member

I agree, I despair everytime the baftas comes on - he is incredibly annoying presenting it and I can imagine the boredom of the actors/audience watching...It's like they keep him on cos he's quintisentially english or something, but it's just way too much. Get some normal person to do it. Please, or dispense with a presenter altogether, hell ditch the whole ceremony. Award shows for actors are utterly embaressing anyways. The world really does not need them blowing smoke up each other - they ain't important.
candyfloss2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 13:16
chipstick10
Forum Member

Oh god I can't stand his tiresome smug twaddle. He brings me out in hives.
chipstick10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 13:17
roger_50
Forum Member

His first couple of Bafta presenting appearances were excellent around 10 years ago. He simply hasn't been anywhere near as witty in recent years (at presenting baftas). Not sure why that happened, but there you go.
roger_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 13:21
Apple_Crumble
Forum Member

He seems to stretch out sentences by an extra five words every time. I've seen him on a few documentaries and he isn't too bad (albeit still somewhat sugary), but at award shows, it is really noticeable.
Apple_Crumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 13:25
Tangledweb7
Forum Member

God last night's BAFTAS were awful , he was even more irritating than usual , he told the winners not to take too long speaking then his 'presenting' bits between each award went on far longer than any winner's speech .

plus his tiresome use of obscure words mixed in with his 'baby' talk and the endless flat jokes ....

please , haven't we suffered enough ?
If you think Stephen Fry is bad you should see the guy who hosts the Irish Film and Television awards that was on Saturday night. cringe worthy.
Tangledweb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 13:26
Virgil Tracy
Forum Member

he's such a **cking bore
Virgil Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 13:27
lundavra
Forum Member

He was far better than the people they have doing the Oscars and others I have seen hosting similar awards ceremonies in this country .
lundavra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 13:29
Compton_scatter
Forum Member

Whereas Schofield has a BSc in smugness, the unbearable Fry has a PhD. Also totally agree with earlier poster Candyfloss who said the actors aren't important.
Compton_scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 13:30
ftv
Forum Member

Anyone who keeps Jonathan Ross off the screen is fine by me
ftv is offline   Reply With Quote