Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Matt Smith and Ryan Gosling

Old 07-02-2013, 11:14
saladfingers81
Forum Member

My fanboy brain just exploded

Matt to star in Goslings directorial debut. Some real talent assembled for this already and it is just the sort of role he needs when dipping his toes into the Hollywood pond.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/s...a-monster.html
saladfingers81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:18
YorkshireKat
Forum Member

Good luck to him but with other news of being human being cancelled and Toby Whitehouse now freed up...I just can't help but think it's new Doctor and Executive Producer time after the 50th...
YorkshireKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:18
adams66
Forum Member

When Ryan Gosling gets older will he become Ryan Goose?
adams66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:33
CoalHillJanitor
Forum Member

Anyone know whether this is filming before or after shooting for the anniversary special?
CoalHillJanitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:45
Digital Sid
Forum Member

Anyone know whether this is filming before or after shooting for the anniversary special?
A month after, and with Caro's comments last year about two years pretty much non stop filming, unless plans have changed, that pretty much confirms his exit does it not?
Digital Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:54
CoalHillJanitor
Forum Member

A month after, and with Caro's comments last year about two years pretty much non stop filming, unless plans have changed, that pretty much confirms his exit does it not?
Unless he's in Hollywood whilst his ganger films in Cardiff ...
CoalHillJanitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 13:02
Le Docteur
Forum Member

I agree it could be exciting news, sounds like an interesting project. But I also think Matt could still fit it into Dr Who filming.

It isn't the first film he's been in. I recently saw a film called Clone (also had Eva Green in). I think that was done during his tenure as 11 - me might have taken advantage of these infamous season breaks to shoot it. I wouldn't recommend Clone tho. It had some interesting and disturbing ideas but was pretty slow and dull too.
Le Docteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 13:10
Digital Sid
Forum Member

I agree it could be exciting news, sounds like an interesting project. But I also think Matt could still fit it into Dr Who filming.

It isn't the first film he's been in. I recently saw a film called Clone (also had Eva Green in). I think that was done during his tenure as 11 - me might have taken advantage of these infamous season breaks to shoot it. I wouldn't recommend Clone tho. It had some interesting and disturbing ideas but was pretty slow and dull too.
Think that was done just before Who. Plus DWM seem to have all but confirmed a christmas special, supported by Tom Spilsbury's mention of multiple episodes being filmed this year earlier in the week, would they really go into production on the anniversary special then close down production and take two months break before starting on the christmas one, and that wouldn't fit with Caro's comment of non-stop filming.
Digital Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 13:12
Shawn_Lunn
Forum Member

Think that was done just before Who.
Yeah it was.

Congrats to Matt on the new role but maybe it does mean that his time on Who could be ending. Maybe that is.
Shawn_Lunn is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 13:18
Le Docteur
Forum Member

Thanks for the correction on Clone
I guess all actors playing the Doc call it a day at some point but no need to mourn yet.

I've loved Matt's 11 and wish him all the best
Le Docteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 13:51
alienpanda
Forum Member

If the film is a hit, and Matt becomes big in Hollywood then yes he will leave who, he'd be stupid not to
alienpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 17:01
TEDR
Forum Member

We hate it when our friends become successful. But at least we'll have had approximately the average tenure from Matt?
TEDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 17:51
nebogipfel
Forum Member

This can't be right. Last year when Matt indicated that he might be the Doctor until the end of 2013 but would like to explore film roles after that we were told by several forum members that what he in fact meant was that he would be staying as the Doctor for many years yet to come. All this "interpreting what has actually been said and actually seems likely" is jolly difficult.

Shame though - I want Matt for at least 2014 pretty please.
nebogipfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 18:08
Sex
Forum Member

You had me at Ryan gosling

When Ryan Gosling gets older will he become Ryan Goose?
Sex is offline   Reply With Quote