Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Rita Ora turns down x-factor

Old 07-02-2013, 16:22
pingu58011
Forum Member

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/...ere-talks.html

I am personally happy as I love tulisa. Also rita doesn`t really make people want to watch and she doesn`t add much to the panel!!
pingu58011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 07-02-2013, 16:29
LW09

Rita would never work on X Factor this year. If she was sat alongside Tulisa then they'll be too similar (and it hardly worked last year). If they have her replacing Tulisa then they're still too similar and it would defeat the purpose of a replacement. She made zero impact last year so it would be a stupid move. The only one who did make an impact was Mel B. There is probably an argument for Anastacia too but she was barely shown and if its Tulisa that is leaving (which looks most likely) then I don't think they'll have two Americans on the panel.
LW09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 16:34
_elly001
Forum Member

Can't help but feel Rita would have taken this before Tulisa's album underperformed despite the exposure on the show. That might have been a wake up call to quite a few popstars who would have been tempted to take the role for the guaranteed success it's meant to offer. I'm personally glad she didn't, though. I can't understand her popularity or why so many people keep trying to make her the new big thing. As far as current female popstars go, she's one of the duller ones.
_elly001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 16:36
SULLA
Forum Member

She should have to audition like everyone else
SULLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 17:04
LW09

Can't help but feel Rita would have taken this before Tulisa's album underperformed despite the exposure on the show. That might have been a wake up call to quite a few popstars who would have been tempted to take the role for the guaranteed success it's meant to offer. I'm personally glad she didn't, though. I can't understand her popularity or why so many people keep trying to make her the new big thing. As far as current female popstars go, she's one of the duller ones.
Kelly Rowland didnt get any help either, it was her worst performing album in the UK by a mile. Tulisa got an initial boost but she got a hell of a lot of bad press and now it has completely skewed the other way. Dannii's single bombed too, although in her defence she didn't perform it. A 'Cheryl' or a 'Nicole' comes along very rarely, X Factor will be lucky if they ever get anybody else like that and were very lucky that they managed to 'find' two of them.
LW09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 17:08
Delboy219
Forum Member

rita doesn`t really make people want to watch and she doesn`t add much to the panel!!
I'd say the same about Tulisa.

I don't know much about Ora. I saw her on buzzcocks, and she seemed really nice. She made the episode work, in my opinion.
Delboy219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 17:26
C14E
Forum Member

I'm slightly concerned if she's even on the shortlist, tbh. I know they'll be looking at loads of people just now but still... hardly what the show needs.
C14E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 17:41
Delboy219
Forum Member

but still... hardly what the show needs.
Cancelled is what it needs.
Old 07-02-2013, 18:12
slappers r us
Forum Member

She must not have an album comming out to push at the time Xfactor is on
slappers r us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 19:07
fireemblemcraze
Forum Member

Cancelled is what it needs.
Why are you on here if that's what you want from the show? I want X Factor to continue and continue like Eastenders and Coronation Street. It would also be hilarious because it would annoy people like you A LOT.

Anyways thank god Rita didn't come onto the panel! She's so dull and it's funny how she claims she denied the role (ie it was definitely the other way round). Bring back Kelly or Sharon! We need some good TV - Sharon and Kelly would give us that! Get rid of Louis once and for all too! NO ONE LIKES LOUIS.
fireemblemcraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 20:36
Sex
Forum Member

Good. I wonder of tulisa is staying on the panel.
Sex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 20:36
Sex
Forum Member

Why are you on here if that's what you want from the show? I want X Factor to continue and continue like Eastenders and Coronation Street. It would also be hilarious because it would annoy people like you A LOT.

Anyways thank god Rita didn't come onto the panel! She's so dull and it's funny how she claims she denied the role (ie it was definitely the other way round). Bring back Kelly or Sharon! We need some good TV - Sharon and Kelly would give us that! Get rid of Louis once and for all too! NO ONE LIKES LOUIS.
I thought everyone loves little ol Louis Walsh..
Sex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 21:28
Delboy219
Forum Member

I'm here because of Rita Ora.

It wouldn't annoy me that much. I don't even watch anything on itv.
Old 07-02-2013, 22:40
ritchie2yk
Forum Member

Christ if they've offered her the role Im not getting my hopes up for a return to form this year, they don't appear to be getting the hint
ritchie2yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:39
davedub
Forum Member

Christ if they've offered her the role Im not getting my hopes up for a return to form this year, they don't appear to be getting the hint
agreed she was awful as a guest judge
davedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:44
hollyBrown
Forum Member

She's had ONE album .......
hollyBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:16
unclekevo
Forum Member

Kelly Rowland didnt get any help either, it was her worst performing album in the UK by a mile. Tulisa got an initial boost but she got a hell of a lot of bad press and now it has completely skewed the other way. Dannii's single bombed too, although in her defence she didn't perform it. A 'Cheryl' or a 'Nicole' comes along very rarely, X Factor will be lucky if they ever get anybody else like that and were very lucky that they managed to 'find' two of them.
TBF with Kelly it was a re-release of an album that had already been released.

On topic, Rita Ora is very dull and made boring, she made meaningless comments during her guest stint.
unclekevo is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 15:11
kitten12
Forum Member

Rita Ora, one of Britain's least successful pop "stars" and friend of the Daily Mail

Why on earth would she be considered for anything other than a role at an Asda near you?
kitten12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:36
heavy_rotation
Forum Member

Rita Ora, one of Britain's least successful pop "stars" and friend of the Daily Mail

Why on earth would she be considered for anything other than a role at an Asda near you?
How'd you work that out then?
heavy_rotation is offline   Reply With Quote