Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

are Game improving....

Old 08-02-2013, 14:00
gdjman68wasdigi
Forum Member

i took Sonic all stars racing transformed, Family Guy back to the multiverse and twilight princess in and came out with Dead Space 3 limited edition, 3 download codes for ipad games and it cost me 48p

i thought that was ok

gdjman68wasdigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 08-02-2013, 14:08
XxBlaKOuTZxX
Forum Member

Nope. still too expensive for new games (44.99 for DS 3 and 40 or less in the supermarkets) and still relying far too much on the preowned market.
XxBlaKOuTZxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 14:10
gdjman68wasdigi
Forum Member

Nope. still too expensive for new games (44.99 for DS 3 and 40 or less in the supermarkets) and still relying far too much on the preowned market.
i thought the trade in prices were ok though,
Old 08-02-2013, 15:43
Speedloafer
Forum Member

What consoles were the games for?
Speedloafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 16:37
PinSarla
Forum Member

Well the last one I walked past seemed to have a tidier and more enticing shop window, which is a start I guess. Guaranteed though that the sea of pre-owned FIFAs selling for 99p a pop will still be there, and the last time I went in one the price of new games seems to have gone up. Not that I'm complaining about the price increase, or maybe the prices went up before they went into administration.
PinSarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 16:44
gdjman68wasdigi
Forum Member

What consoles were the games for?
360 and Wii, tp
Old 08-02-2013, 17:10
MC_Satan
Forum Member

No. I think they are worse. Online shopping takes ages to arrive, overpriced and poor trade ins.
MC_Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 17:11
Caltonfan
Forum Member

out of interest how much did you get for Family Guy as i have this and was thinking of getting rid of it as its not very good
Caltonfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 17:13
gillyallan
Forum Member

Their newish app is pretty good with the barcode scanner for trade ins
gillyallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 17:21
beemoh
Forum Member

In a way, they're getting better- they're moving into being a slightly more broad 'gaming' store- I bought Hyrule Historia from there and I've seen a book on Football Manager in there too- as well as the usual small handful of Angry Birds/Mario plushes.

On the other hand, they're still only stocking about two new games per system and they both cost a million pounds, but hey ho.
beemoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 17:46
gdjman68wasdigi
Forum Member

out of interest how much did you get for Family Guy as i have this and was thinking of getting rid of it as its not very good
21.30, with the extra 10 percent towards dead space
Old 08-02-2013, 17:50
Elphie_Lives
Forum Member

Whenever I've been in the prices still are ridiculously high. I did mutter to my friend how it was those prices that caused the adminstration problems in the first place and you'd think they'd learn.

Preowned prices didn't see that great either.
Elphie_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 21:59
YorkshireLad24
Forum Member

I am a big fan of the website, never failed with any pre orders and the delivery is very quick. I ordered a game at 8am, shipped by 11am and delivered 48 hours later when we had all the snow.

The shops are pants, massive emphasis on pre owned and doesn't mention anywhere that you would need to spend more to get online pass etc which I think is sneaky (especially when the pre owned prices are generally only a couple of quid lower than new)
YorkshireLad24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 22:08
kendoguk
Forum Member

Nope and ur a lucky one the last three games I've ordered have arrived after launch the latest being dead space 3 so that's me done with them I could have went and bought them from a shop or another site.

Was looking forward to getting home and playing des space which was actually posted Tuesday morning and well was rather disappointed when I got home from work and it wasnt there same with halo 4 when it came out too.
kendoguk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 22:11
darkthunder35
Forum Member

I am a big fan of the website, never failed with any pre orders and the delivery is very quick. I ordered a game at 8am, shipped by 11am and delivered 48 hours later when we had all the snow.

The shops are pants, massive emphasis on pre owned and doesn't mention anywhere that you would need to spend more to get online pass etc which I think is sneaky (especially when the pre owned prices are generally only a couple of quid lower than new)
On a pre-owned title that needs an online pass it should have a sticker saying "ask staff about extra content" or words to that effect, so either you shop is incapable of stickering or you can't read
darkthunder35 is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 22:16
kendoguk
Forum Member

If CEX can put a sticker saying No DLC then game should be able to aswell
kendoguk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 23:53
Hotbird
Forum Member

On a pre-owned title that needs an online pass it should have a sticker saying "ask staff about extra content" or words to that effect, so either you shop is incapable of stickering or you can't read
I have never seen this on a used game in GAME...

It always shocks me when I buy a used game and the code in the box works, I got one from CEX the other day with a working code and from the looks of the manual it had been traded to GAME before as well so at least two people have owned that and never entered the code to unlock extra missions and a weapon.
Hotbird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:41
Rich_L
Forum Member

Some people don't play online?
Rich_L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:57
JSemple3
Forum Member

Some people don't play online?
I don't really play online personally (used to play pro evo online) got my arse whipped each time (and fifa 12 the 2 games I played online)
JSemple3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 16:45
beemoh
Forum Member

It always shocks me when I buy a used game and the code in the box works,
I don't know if this is the same for all online pass titles as I've only ever had one, but since they don't put that scratchy silver stuff over the code then there's no way of knowing by looking if the code's been used or not.

Which is a strange one, as if they really wanted to devalue the used market, the best way to do that would be to make the codes a bargaining chip for used sellers...
beemoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 11:22
monkeydave68
Inactive Member

yeah they are going up, i was quite amazed what they are giving nowadays time to trade them in
monkeydave68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 21:32
dannyb2k9
Forum Member

I have never seen this on a used game in GAME...

It always shocks me when I buy a used game and the code in the box works, I got one from CEX the other day with a working code and from the looks of the manual it had been traded to GAME before as well so at least two people have owned that and never entered the code to unlock extra missions and a weapon.
i agree i bought playstation all stars from cex the other day and that games supposed to be miles better online than offline so never thought the network pass would work but it did. was really happy
dannyb2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 21:37
Yorkshire.King
Forum Member

Game are extortionate........The new games are over-priced and some of the pre-owned titles are nearly as expensive.......yet they give you a pittance for them when you trade.....

Far Cry 3 for example new, was 36, yet it was a pound cheaper pre-owned (without the codes for the Lost Expeditions)

Much better to trade in at CEX........

which is also bonkers for trade in - Battlefield 3 Limited 10 trade in, yet BF3 Premium they offer 26......

without the unique codes (which are most probably used) both these games are identical
Yorkshire.King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 14:08
2Dshmuplover
Forum Member

Are they improving...no.

I was in their earlier on (don't make a habit of it) and was shocked by some of the prices. (ie. Metro Last Light 44.99!). The guy said can I help you, so I said "I'm just browsing" he replied "anything in particular?" and I said "Yeah, well I was interested in Resi Revelations 'till I saw the price (39.99). He went quiet for a moment and said, "what have you been looking on Amazon or something?" and I just kinda ignored him.

Looking at the prices of the pre-owned games and the condition of some I think next gen trade-in policies will be a good thing, if it hits them hard and they go down then so be it.
2Dshmuplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 14:42
thomas2400
Forum Member

Are they improving...no.

I was in their earlier on (don't make a habit of it) and was shocked by some of the prices. (ie. Metro Last Light 44.99!). The guy said can I help you, so I said "I'm just browsing" he replied "anything in particular?" and I said "Yeah, well I was interested in Resi Revelations 'till I saw the price (39.99). He went quiet for a moment and said, "what have you been looking on Amazon or something?" and I just kinda ignored him.

Looking at the prices of the pre-owned games and the condition of some I think next gen trade-in policies will be a good thing, if it hits them hard and they go down then so be it.
Maybe it was just that store, my brother sent me to get Metro Last Light for him the other day and it was shocked when the limited edition was 32.99 brand new on 360

They are still pretty bad for the most part on new games though, i mean they are still trying to shift WiiU games for 49.99 and even with older games they still have Assassin's Creed III:L on Vita for 44.99 while the main PS3 is 19.99 its just insane and finding a bargain once in a while doesn't change that

Can't agree with that last sentence though, i'd estimate that at least 60% of the games i own are either pre owned or partially paid for by trading in games, also i wouldn't want 1000's to lose their jobs because of the insane view the no second hand sales will make publishers more money, it won't
thomas2400 is online now   Reply With Quote