Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Harrassment at work

Old 11-02-2013, 21:45
Ron_J
Forum Member

Firstly I'd like to assure you all that I'm not some pervert posting this to get cheap thrills. I was advised on this forum a couple of weeks ago that I should get out more, so I'm thinking of starting going swimming because I need to get more exercise and I enjoyed it when I was a child. The council are opening a new pool near me next month so I'm keen to give it a go. However, I haven't been in a swimming pool since I was 11 so I'm a bit stuck on what shorts to get. I know you get baggy ones and ones like cycling shorts, but I don't know what men wear to swim these days and I don't want to look like either an idiot or a weirdo. I'll mostly be swimming to get fit but I imagine I'll probably fancy a trip down the flumes now and then, if it makes any difference. Any recommendations?
Ron_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 11-02-2013, 21:48
gdjman68wasdigi
Forum Member

Firstly I'd like to assure you all that I'm not some pervert posting this to get cheap thrills. I was advised on this forum a couple of weeks ago that I should get out more, so I'm thinking of starting going swimming because I need to get more exercise and I enjoyed it when I was a child. The council are opening a new pool near me next month so I'm keen to give it a go. However, I haven't been in a swimming pool since I was 11 so I'm a bit stuck on what shorts to get. I know you get baggy ones and ones like cycling shorts, but I don't know what men wear to swim these days and I don't want to look like either an idiot or a weirdo. I'll mostly be swimming to get fit but I imagine I'll probably fancy a trip down the flumes now and then, if it makes any difference. Any recommendations?
Plain shorts, not long ones.. No speedos
gdjman68wasdigi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 22:32
AnitaS
Forum Member

Definitely not speedos.
AnitaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 22:35
TUTV Viewer
Forum Member

Definitely not speedos.
Unless you are Uber fit and a member of a swimming club...
TUTV Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 22:50
AnitaS
Forum Member

Unless you are Uber fit and a member of a swimming club...
Oh yes, Tom Daley is allowed speedos. No-one else though.
AnitaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 23:28
c4rv
Forum Member

mid length (about half way down your thigh) should be fine. You can pick them up in sports direct for between 5 and 10.
c4rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 23:58
Vast_Girth
Forum Member

I wear long ones, but short ones are fine too. I find they tend to come without "built in pants" a lot more these days.

As long as its not speedos you will be fine.
Vast_Girth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:04
Ron_J
Forum Member

Yeah, speedos didn't even figure on my radar. I was wondering about the tight ones but they might be a bit too speedo-like..?
Old 12-02-2013, 06:16
LH1
Forum Member

Go for something you feel comfortable in. It's you who will be wearing them.
LH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:40
c4rv
Forum Member

Yeah, speedos didn't even figure on my radar. I was wondering about the tight ones but they might be a bit too speedo-like..?
The tight ones in theory have less drag but I am guessing that you are swimming at a level where you won't don't the difference.
c4rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:45
gdjman68wasdigi
Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZujYUcY5xc
gdjman68wasdigi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 20:57
Ron_J
Forum Member

The tight ones in theory have less drag but I am guessing that you are swimming at a level where you won't don't the difference.
Absolutely. I got a pair of plain ordinary not-too-long-not-too-tight ones at the sports shop this afternoon and I'm looking forward to trying them out tomorrow after work. Hopefully I'll remember how to swim! Thanks for the advice everyone.