Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Leaving Talk Talk

Old 09-02-2013, 22:02
Mr Dangerous
Inactive Member

Due to money reasons as in I don't have much I decided to finally get rid of my second phone line. I had the second line installed by BT back in the dial up days and upgraded to Broadband when it came to my area.

I've contacted BT who have terminated my line and I've contacted Talk Talk to cancel the account. I explained I had got rid of my line because I can't afford it. My contract expires in May this year so I'm expecting a cancellation fee. I was quoted 28 which was to be my final Bill...

A couple of days later I had a letter from TT, who said they were sorry I was leaving for a new provider....that got my back up because that was not what I told them. I phoned them again and explained and confirmed...

Now waiting for another letter and my final bill...

Has anyone had problems leaving talk talk?

Any comments?
Mr Dangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 13-02-2013, 10:36
hallowxmas448
Forum Member

No problems leaving them thank-god and the best thing i ever did. Good luck.
hallowxmas448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 22:44
Mr Dangerous
Inactive Member

I hope so, my billing date is a couple of days away and I was quoted 28 for my final bill, they also told me not to cancel the direct debit because they will do that. I'm a bit suspicious about that, I'm going to cancel the DD myself...
Mr Dangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 09:39
JulesandSand
Forum Member

I hope so, my billing date is a couple of days away and I was quoted 28 for my final bill, they also told me not to cancel the direct debit because they will do that. I'm a bit suspicious about that, I'm going to cancel the DD myself...
I would only cancel the DD AFTER they've taken your final payment otherwise you may have problems with your final bill.

Definitely cancel after that though - Plusnet tried to collect payment from me after I'd left them despite assurances that wouldn't happen.
JulesandSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 16:19
steve_c
Forum Member

Additionally if your TT bill shows a credit (unlikely I know - but take what TT CS say with a pinch of salt), they will return it to your bank account which the DD apparently has to be active for. You will have to ask them to credit the money to you if they owe you anything - they don't do it automatically.

Once they have taken payment (or credited you), cancel your DD as mentioned in previous posts....

If you have BT Line Rental and TT Broadband (Non-LLU), I believe BTOR also contact your ISP to cancel service as no line will exist to provide Broadband (not that it matters in your case as you've done this separately)
steve_c is offline   Reply With Quote