Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Mel B won't be joining the panel

Old 11-02-2013, 09:22
sofan
Forum Member

Despite being a hit as a guest judge last year, Mel B won’t be joining The X Factor 2013.

Rumours claimed that Mel was being lined up as a potential replacement on this year’s line up, after her successful stint as a guest judge last series.

It was claimed that X Factor bosses had wanted Mel for last year’s series, but filming clashed with her stint on the Australian version of the show.

However a spokesperson for the Spice Girls singer confirmed last week that there was no plans for her to join the show.

http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the...#ixzz2Ka4MNRXd
sofan is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:45
Bluestone
Forum Member

Shame. She was actually quite good on the show.
Bluestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 22:18
performingmonk
Forum Member

The panel won't be finalized for months, surely. She could still end up on the panel, depending on scheduling, contracts etc. you never know.
performingmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 22:23
fireemblemcraze
Forum Member

Like Dannii felt some patriotic passion to go to Australia's Got Talent rather than remain on the X Factor, wouldn't Mel have some sort of patriotic reasoning to come onto the Uk version? She's very Simon Cowell but with a sense of humor. I actually like her. She's also the only Spice Girl that can sing.
fireemblemcraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 22:32
yohinnchild
Forum Member

She would be silly to give up the OZ show - the ratings for it over there are massive (well compared to everything else on TV) - the panel is good and the show is just all round better than the last couple of UK shows
yohinnchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:07
InMyArms
Forum Member

She would be silly to give up the OZ show - the ratings for it over there are massive (well compared to everything else on TV) - the panel is good and the show is just all round better than the last couple of UK shows
I don't know... I was in the audience when she was a guest judge in Manchester on her first day and grew to dislike her over the course of the day because she was rude for the sake of being rude, but she seemed pretty excited to be back in the UK. She was the only judge I've ever known who after having the entire audience turn on them to then make a few snide digs at the audience in her comments, which made me think she was doing it on purpose. She was almost acting like an internet troll, but in real life.
InMyArms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:23
gpk
Forum Member

Like Dannii felt some patriotic passion to go to Australia's Got Talent rather than remain on the X Factor, wouldn't Mel have some sort of patriotic reasoning to come onto the Uk version? She's very Simon Cowell but with a sense of humor. I actually like her. She's also the only Spice Girl that can sing.
its more complicated than that and its not just the australia x factor to consider. she was also the co-host on `dancing with the stars` there last year and although she was panned for her presenting skills, she hasn't been sacked from that role yet. also, she signed a new record deal with `emi australia` last year, so i assume any new music will be released there first, with her profile being higher there.

then there is the uprooting of her family, who seem settled there. she is a terrible vocalist though, she was especially bad performing with the other judges in 2011, not forgetting her brief, but deafening performance with the contestants in 2010. mel c was the best singer in that group, without a doubt.
gpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 16:13
LW09

The panel won't be finalized for months, surely. She could still end up on the panel, depending on scheduling, contracts etc. you never know.
I wouldn't be so certain. After what happened last year they'll be trying to sort it as early as possible, they'll just embargo it until mid-May.

Almost certainly those who will be invovled have already been approached and are in discussions to sort out dates etc. Doing it last minute again after sidelining everyone then ending up with noone won't work a second time. They were just lucky for it to fall down to Nicole.
LW09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 16:19
jackbell
Forum Member

Thank God.
jackbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 08:14
Dancefan8001
Forum Member

I don't know... I was in the audience when she was a guest judge in Manchester on her first day and grew to dislike her over the course of the day because she was rude for the sake of being rude, but she seemed pretty excited to be back in the UK. She was the only judge I've ever known who after having the entire audience turn on them to then make a few snide digs at the audience in her comments, which made me think she was doing it on purpose. She was almost acting like an internet troll, but in real life.
She worked as an entertainment reporter the season Priscilla Presley competed on DWTS. She brown-nosed Priscilla excessively to her face about what a wonderful dancer she was, then shortly afterwards brutally cut her down publicly on a chat show and predicted Priscilla would get the boot that week (she didn't).

Her two-faced behavior, particularly her unnecessarily cruel comments on a chat show, made me so not a fan.
Dancefan8001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 16:46
The Prumeister
Forum Member

Is it cos her m*nge is givin' out a right pong????
The Prumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 16:52
paralax
Forum Member

Good, she was horrible on the panel, showing off at the expense of the contestants. I've always thought she was quite arrogent.
paralax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 17:12
InMyArms
Forum Member

Is it cos her m*nge is givin' out a right pong????
lol
InMyArms is online now   Reply With Quote