Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Old 10-08-2013, 10:56
shanders
Forum Member

Great show last night! Very funny - the wedding planner was a great theme. Thought the couple were great sports and loved some of Rhod's ideas and observations - having to untangle a bride's thong; the ice sculpture with or without appendage and roping in Chris O'Dowd to do a video message. Looking forward to the rest!
shanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:25
tvfanny
Forum Member

Loved the 'Give A S**t' logo. Shame I had just taken a mouthful of coffee when it came onscreen
Considering how acerbic Rhod can be, I found it a warm and fuzzy programme with loads of laughs.
tvfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:29
earthling13
Forum Member

It's the only thing I like Rhod doing. Normally his vioce grates on me and it still does in his voice over but when he's just being himself, chatting to people, he comes over really well and quite amusing. My only complaint about this weeks was that 30 mins wasn't long enough. There is so much potential in wedding planning that it could have been an hour.
earthling13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 13:55
Purple Orchid
Forum Member

The scout one next week is great, he has such a rapport with the kids. I love this series
Purple Orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 17:50
Face Of Jack
Forum Member

It's the only thing I like Rhod doing. Normally his vioce grates on me and it still does in his voice over but when he's just being himself, chatting to people, he comes over really well and quite amusing. My only complaint about this weeks was that 30 mins wasn't long enough. There is so much potential in wedding planning that it could have been an hour.

Yeah I agree wholly here!! Rhods voice grates on me too (I don't know what it is!) - but his hatred of weddings and everything else .....and his "I don't give a shit" attitude made me wonder where this was going!!
Great guy in the end....and he cried at that speech!
Yes - this could well have been a 60 minute story! (Bet there's ton's on the cutting-room floor)
Face Of Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 20:50
jeff_vader
Forum Member

I really really enjoyed this as well and would love to see a longer cut . Wouldn't say a huge Rhod Gilbert fan, and like others can find his voice grating at times, but he's really good at this sort of thing and I find him really personable and engaging, unlike a lot of TV presenters. The show that won me over to him was that Most Dangerous Roads one he did with Greg Davies a few years ago. Superb tv.
jeff_vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 22:55
swingaleg
Forum Member

Rhod is one of my favourites of what I think of as 'the new comedians'...........I like him on pretty much everything he does, which I guess is mainly this series and the panel show circuit

This is a terrific series.............he seems to have such good rapport with people
swingaleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 17:25
Ollie_h19
Forum Member

Another brilliant one last night as a Scout Leader, took my back to my days in the Scouts!

Reminded me of the school episode he did, he is great with kids. Fair play to him.
Ollie_h19 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2013, 07:39
shanders
Forum Member

He was great with the pensioners as the coach tour guide!
Old 23-08-2013, 11:42
dsimiller
Forum Member

Yes,he was quite good with the pensioners after a bit of a shaky start though,and what a smashing looking coach as well.
dsimiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2013, 12:10
shanders
Forum Member

Yes,he was quite good with the pensioners after a bit of a shaky start though,and what a smashing looking coach as well.
I know! Looked very luxurious! Might consider a coach holiday if they're like that nowadays!
Old 24-08-2013, 23:50
rubberduck3y6
Forum Member

Just popping in to say that I love this series! Rhod really gets stuck in with each week's task and seems to care about doing a good job. I liked the Grange Hill references with the two ladies who were always going missing and the last minute bingo hunt.
rubberduck3y6 is offline   Reply With Quote