Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Doc Martin (Part 15 Spoilers)

Closed Thread
Old 18-06-2013, 21:03
Mofromco
Forum Member

Man, if I was Louisa I'd climb him like a tree!
I really don't believe that Louisa has anything to worry about. If anything she will have the upper hand. Doc's Mum will be coming to Port Wenn from a place of humility and desire for forgiveness. He made it clear that he didn't want her there so there is bound to be some very serious emotional negotiation. Very heavy(I can't wait). Doc's Mum is not going to be the type to say burp him this way or use this type of nappie cream. She will have no idea. Louisa will be fine at least from the baby care perspective. She may just dislike her for being a cruel mother Martin.

Regarding the fact that Martin steps down from physical confrontation is perfectly suited to his history of being bullied and abused. Part of the irony of this is that he has grown up to be six foot three and really doesn't have that much to fear. Emotions dictate each individual's reality, don't they?
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 18-06-2013, 21:05
Shop Girl
Forum Member

Found this also on facebook "EXCULSUIVE martin clunes aka doc martin will be filming at newquay airport tomorrow and thursday" here's the link to the profile. https://www.facebook.com/jen.h.telfer
Yikes! Wonder what he could be doing at the airport? Seeing mummy off perhaps? Maybe he makes peace with her and has a heartfelt send-off for her?
Old 18-06-2013, 21:47
poorrichard54
Forum Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...medium=twitter

This is a story about a con man in Port Isaac who owns the Bay Hotel.
Appears he can con not only the elderly but also the very young (56 year old with a bride of 23). That's mean. I guess the "pitchfork brigade" is somewhat active in Port Isaac as well as in Portwenn. And the writer and photographer have to bear some of the blame for reporting in such a weird way -- they're all over the place. Do we really need to see him with his dog or hear that this season of Doc Martin will likely be the last or know the age of his wife and child?
Old 18-06-2013, 22:04
poorrichard54
Forum Member

But some of that might have been accomplished with the help of a make-up artist. And I think she herself commented about playing those characters older than herself. There are those people who just don't look their real age - look at Dick Clark - he looked young his whole life.
Do you remember how she looked at the Portwenn Players dance in S1E4? Lots of rouge and looking very florid. Not nice!! I like her best when she's selling cabbages from her truck or out in the chicken coop with a mannish looking vest on. She's a worthy woman rather than a fashion plate.
Old 18-06-2013, 22:22
poorrichard54
Forum Member

Very well said, Mofromco. I think part of the brilliance of this show is in the casting (well, of course, MC). MC and CC have such amazing on-screen chemistry. Neither is perfect, physically speaking. They aren't Clark Gable and Marilyn Monroe. But there's something that happens when they share a scene in this show, a sweet scene or an argument. Either way, it's wonderful. I think they're both just wonderful actors and they mesh so very well.

We women adore the Doc and the fellows love Louisa. And we're all rooting for this mixed-up couple. It's all just right.
Okay, so this is the second reference to Louisa's imperfect body. You guys are a tough crowd. What exactly is wrong with her? I think she moves like someone who studied ballet as a young person. Everything is in the right proportion. The calves which her dress lengths seem to feature, are toned and lovely. My favourite things about Louisa are her pixy-ish ears. Her eyes show her softness, and her mouth is a lovely shape (like it is ready to have things coming out of it that you would be interested in hearing). Her hands are somewhat fidgety, but if you ever see CC in an interview, hers are much moreso. Her voice sort of sounds like a corncrake sometimes, but there is a charm about that too. No complaints here about the physicality of Louisa.
Old 18-06-2013, 22:36
Mofromco
Forum Member

Okay, so this is the second reference to Louisa's imperfect body. You guys are a tough crowd. What exactly is wrong with her? I think she moves like someone who studied ballet as a young person. Everything is in the right proportion. The calves which her dress lengths seem to feature, are toned and lovely. My favourite things about Louisa are her pixy-ish ears. Her eyes show her softness, and her mouth is a lovely shape (like it is ready to have things coming out of it that you would be interested in hearing). Her hands are somewhat fidgety, but if you ever see CC in an interview, hers are much moreso. Her voice sort of sounds like a corncrake sometimes, but there is a charm about that too. No complaints here about the physicality of Louisa.
You are so right poorrichard. We are operating from our society induced deprecating point of view. I apologies for being that way. It certainly has played havoc with many of ours self esteem.

I also apologise for not labeling my last post a spoiler alert. Maybe some will just gloss over it...I hope...sorry
Old 18-06-2013, 22:53
poorrichard54
Forum Member

Spoiler
Old 18-06-2013, 23:17
Biffpup
Forum Member

LOL! Leanne! Are you a closet "The Office" (US version) fan?

Back about season 2-3 of that show I was an occasional contributor to a forum for the show. They had sub-forums and my favorite was called, "John Krasinski - I'd Climb Him Like a Tree!"
That's what she said.
Old 18-06-2013, 23:28
Biffpup
Forum Member

Spoiler
Spoiler
Old 18-06-2013, 23:44
Mofromco
Forum Member

Spoiler
N
Spoiler
Old 19-06-2013, 00:00
ReneeBird
Forum Member

I wonder what MC/DM is holding. Some kind of fruit?
Old 19-06-2013, 00:33
Biffpup
Forum Member

Oh, there's absolutely nothing wrong with her. Or him either. I just mean that neither of them is Hollywood-looking, all loaded up with glam and make-up and sexy clothes and looking so perfect that you wonder what kind of "work" they've had done. They look like real people. Okay, real attractive people, no doubt. But real. I probably didn't phrase it very well.
Old 19-06-2013, 00:36
Biffpup
Forum Member

I wonder what MC/DM is holding. Some kind of fruit?
I've seen him holding that in other on-location shots in PI. I've wondered what it is. Looks like a potato !

Next person from this forum who goes to PI to watch filming, ask Martin if you can hold his potato .

Maybe it's a case for his expensive sunglasses.
Old 19-06-2013, 00:39
Biffpup
Forum Member

N
Spoiler
Spoiler
Old 19-06-2013, 01:20
lemster
Forum Member

Amazing!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Old 19-06-2013, 01:25
Biffpup
Forum Member

Spoiler
No kidding!
Old 19-06-2013, 02:54
Mofromco
Forum Member

Spoiler
Spoiler
Old 19-06-2013, 03:42
mmDerdekea
Forum Member

Yikes! Wonder what he could be doing at the airport? Seeing mummy off perhaps? Maybe he makes peace with her and has a heartfelt send-off for her?
Folks, please put these type of episode revealing comments in spoilers. Thank you!
Old 19-06-2013, 04:01
lemster
Forum Member

Spoiler
No problem you're among friends.
Old 19-06-2013, 05:36
Mofromco
Forum Member

No problem you're among friends.
Thanks everyone.....
Old 19-06-2013, 06:09
Shop Girl
Forum Member

Folks, please put these type of episode revealing comments in spoilers. Thank you!
Oops - sorry. Got carried away.
Old 19-06-2013, 07:43
DoctorRabies
Forum Member

Hi everyone! New video up at www.docmartinonline.net

I'm very much looking forward to coming back to the UK and Port Isaac and meeting Doc Martin fans. If any one would like to be interviewed as a DM fan and you're going to be around London or Cornwall over the next three weeks, then please email me at info@docmartinonline.net

I'm doing whatever I can to make sure that the site is kept regularly up-to-date from here on. If you want to submit photos or have any hot tips about the show that should be on DMO - please shoot me a quick email.

Cheers!

DR
Old 19-06-2013, 13:16
dmbesotted
Forum Member

Yes, I agree!

I think our best view of DM standing up if LG/JH was threatened was when he did exactly that after the headmaster pushed LG down on the beach when in his porphyria delusion he was making the kids clean the rocks. DM was immediately affronted and stood up and called him out on it, and if the man had continued in his belligerence, I feel its obvious DM was going to stand between him and LG, no matter what happened.

Instead, the headmaster walked into the sea, and it was the grandest glory of DM to walk right in after him, saving his life.

We all know DM suffered violence at the hand of his father as a thin, frail child we saw in his dream. No doubt that was horribly painful. I can certainly think DM runs away from, or freezes at the possibility of violence, from the embedded trauma of its historical pain.

Last, dmbesotted, I doubt any of us liked John Slater teasing DM about bed-wetting, (around 40 years after it happened). It certainly does not endear Slater to the audience, true. We were supposed to feel, I think, the nobility of Slater's actions to hide his fate from AJ through the ludicrous lies of his having another woman, at the end, when he had been given 6-12 months to live, which was supposed to make up for his having been a jerk earlier in the show.

Unfortunately, the jerkiness of him prevails for those of us making up the pro-DM audience!
I feel like I am being poked at for saying that this episode was my least favorite and that I did not like John Slater. Well, I didn't and I don't and it is fine with me that others do. There are things about the episode that I like but at the end, despite his nobility, I don't like the character. And I said this was my least favorite - not that I did not like it. There really is a world of difference.
Old 19-06-2013, 14:06
cc.cookie
Forum Member

Hi everyone! New video up at www.docmartinonline.net

I'm very much looking forward to coming back to the UK and Port Isaac and meeting Doc Martin fans. If any one would like to be interviewed as a DM fan and you're going to be around London or Cornwall over the next three weeks, then please email me at info@docmartinonline.net

I'm doing whatever I can to make sure that the site is kept regularly up-to-date from here on. If you want to submit photos or have any hot tips about the show that should be on DMO - please shoot me a quick email.

Cheers!

DR
I can't find any new videos on the site. Did anyone else?
http://www.docmartinonline.net/media/videos/
Old 19-06-2013, 14:09
mmDerdekea
Forum Member

Last, dmbesotted, I doubt any of us liked John Slater teasing DM about bed-wetting, (around 40 years after it happened). It certainly does not endear Slater to the audience, true. We were supposed to feel, I think, the nobility of Slater's actions to hide his fate from AJ through

Unfortunately, the jerkiness of him prevails for those of us making up the pro-DM audience!
I feel like I am being poked at for saying that this episode was my least favorite and that I did not like John Slater. Well, I didn't and I don't and it is fine with me that others do. There are things about the episode that I like but at the end, despite his nobility, I don't like the character. And I said this was my least favorite - not that I did not like it. There really is a world of difference.
DMbesotted, not sure where you got the "poke" idea from my comments in my post about John Slater. Please note I said 1) JS did not endear himself to the audience for making bed-wetting fun to DM and 2) wound up being considered a jerk (or other similar adjective) to many of the audience even though they tried to make him have some "nobility" of character which I don't think transformed him at all.

So, I was actually agreeing with you that John Slater was not a likable character.

Overall, though, yes, I did love the episode--there were multiple other aspects which made it enjoyable for me.

Closed Thread