Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Old 23-07-2014, 00:10
Kelvin_Melvin
Forum Member

I watched this show for the first time last Sunday and I was BLOWN away!

It is a genius mockumentary about Pirate Radio, but it could be about anything, the comedy comes from the brilliantly pathetic deluded characters!

At first glance it can be mistaken for the same rubbish that BB3 put out but on closer inspection I realised we might have something very special here!

I remember I had the same 'wtf' moment when I first watched The Office all those years back! Not really knowing what to think at first and then slowly falling in love with the deluded characters and subtle comedic nuances that make these shows so memorable and quotable! After some research I found out that People Just Do Nothing has the same producer as The Office! I wasn't surprised but I was surprised by the fact that the main characters also write the show and started it on youtube some years back!

Did anyone watch it? Episode 2 is on next Sunday, what are your thoughts?

Kelvin-Melvin
Kelvin_Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 23-07-2014, 02:24
Gatehouse
Forum Member

I absolutely loved it! It was very gentle and most of the jokes really obvious, but no less enjoyable for that.

"Peanut dust!" Yes, it IS always the best bit in the packet! Especially with dry roasted. Mmmmmm.

Loved the dating of the character talking to his step-son about his computer games. "Looks like Golden Eye. I'm more of a FIFA '98 man myself? Yeah, that's probably one of the best games ever made I'd say".

And Grindah's missus had some great lines. "Yeah, he's been to prison, but only for silly little things...dealing, GBH, a hate crime...silly little things like that." "And I used a lot of fake tan during the pregnancy, so I think some of it seeped through..."

Sadly by the lack of reaction to this thread, it doesn't look like many other people are watching?
Gatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 15:10
Kelvin_Melvin
Forum Member

hahaha

Great picks!!

It really is a shame that not too many people know about it! such a gem!

even this site wrote an article about it 'The best british comedy in years'

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/featu...oKQz6LJ4RA0X0N
Old 23-07-2014, 15:19
davor
Forum Member

I washed 2 episodes. I don't know if I like it or not. Just a group of chavs do nothing. The thing that I really mind about this show (just like almost any other reality tv) is that it's so obvious that everything is heavily scripted. They made it look like a documentary, but it's scripted. which I don't think I like, but I'll continue to watch it nonetheless.
davor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 21:18
Kelvin_Melvin
Forum Member

I'm watching back their youtube stuff! it's amazing! I love how they have developed the characters! Chabuddy G is a legend!! LMAO

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...B9AFBA195C928F
Old 24-07-2014, 02:07
Gatehouse
Forum Member

Yeah it's pretty obviously scripted, but so was "The Office" to me, yet I still loved it.

Chabuddy G is my favourite character so far
Gatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2014, 09:50
Styles
Forum Member

It was good, which makes a change from the normal awful new comedy the BBC has.
Styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 00:18
Kelvin_Melvin
Forum Member

Yeah it's pretty obviously scripted, but so was "The Office" to me, yet I still loved it.

Chabuddy G is my favourite character so far
lol same! I could see him having his own spin off!